2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@Sharpened
Sounds very interesting.:scratchchin:

I did an Oatstraw Tea Rinse once and it made my hair hard as a brick. :bricks:

I've never tried/used it again. Same with Neem Tea:barf:. (Hard & Dry)

I haven't even tried to mix either of them with Green or something else to see how they would do mixed with another Tea.

I had no idea about those two. Sounds like they both act like protein treatments. I would mix them with something moisturizing, like glycerin or honey.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Soaking some fenugreek seeds for the next few days. My scalp/hair doesn't need a full wash but I plan on rinsing well with water then using the fenugreek tea as a rinse. Whatever is leftover, I'll use as a leave in and moisture spritz throughout the week. All of this is planned for the upcoming weekend if time permits. If not, I'll freeze it and try again next weekend. LOL

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I almost got a pint out of my two aloe leaves:

Daily aloe treatments and weekly chlorella oat treatments start on Saturday or Sunday:

Freezing leftovers:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Tea Rinsed with a blend of burdock root, Marshmallow root & Calendula flowers after a henna/indigo treatment. I didn't feel the need to deep condition after the tea rinse cause my hair felt amazing...but I did anyway.

I was so impressed with this blend so I repeated it. I wanted the tea to be nice and strong to add in a mud wash so I steeped it in boiling water in a mason jar overnight on my counter.

image.jpg

This morning, the blend was skronggg!

image.jpg

Added it as a water base to my mud wash.

image.jpg

Mannnnnn my hair feels like fine silk.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97 Have you done completely conditioner-free yet?

@Sharpened I did for around a month while researching to find a replacement for Joico MRB. My herbal teas and oils did a fine replacement while I was in between. Now I use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner. It's the only product I use now that I don't make myself. At my length, I really need a bit more help to keep tangles down. Like I said before, teas (mucilage ones) and oils were ok but I was not able to get all the tangles out without a sore scalp afterwards.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Washed twice with my shampoo. This batch is infused with Rosehip tea and aloe vera gel. The last batch lasted over 2 months so I shouldn't have to make more until August.

Deep conditioning for a few hours with my Ayurvedic herbal oil. It's infused with lots of goodies. Henna, Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Horsetail and Nettle. Will rinse and airdry in 1 big braid.

Steeping some bhringraj powder (1 wooden spoonful) for my midweek rinse/condition session. I usually only need around 6 ounces for rinses so this batch is enough for 3 rinses. I'll freeze the remaining for future rinses.

image.jpg