2017 Wig Challenge

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Wow thank you! I'm still kind of nervous about it showing though but I'll give it a go next time I wear my wig. I'm wearing a SL straight/wavy bob atm. Do you think that'll be too risky?

I take it that you don't sew or clip anything onto the braid right?

Try it with your bob. Run through the house and dance back in forth in your bathroom mirror! I didn't see anything. I would assume you would just bobby pin the ends, gently down. I think in practice, as you do this, you'll gradually discover what works for you. But you have to do it, then modify it.

ForestRose

Try it with your bob. Run through the house and dance back in forth in your bathroom mirror! I didn't see anything. I would assume you would just bobby pin the ends, gently down. I think in practice, as you do this, you'll gradually discover what works for you. But you have to do it, then modify it.
I did it and so far so good. Nothing is showing. Now I just have to wait for my nape to grow.

angelmilk

This is my favorite wig that I've made myself. Finally got that frontal customization down! This is only 2 bundles of Peruvian straight and a frontal for a super natural look. (Ignore my Snapchat caption lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 124

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Ladies, I am so happy with the wig I just made!!! It is a 27 piece wig. It onky took a few hours. I have never worn a short wig and am happy I finally made one dor myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20170703_144953.jpg
    IMG_20170703_144953.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 108

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
This is my favorite wig that I've made myself. Finally got that frontal customization down! This is only 2 bundles of Peruvian straight and a frontal for a super natural look. (Ignore my Snapchat caption lol)
Ladies, I am so happy with the wig I just made!!! It is a 27 piece wig. It onky took a few hours. I have never worn a short wig and am happy I finally made one dor myself.
Yall over here looking cute in your wigs yall made. Very nice! I don't have the patience for all that.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Still loving the wig life. I haven't done another wig haul because I'm broke as joke right now so me and 4c coily have been spending much time together.

I have a straight outre half wig that I will revamp over the weekend so I can switch it up and wear that for a while.

AgeinATL

I am looking to make my own wig but I was wondering if you ladies have suggestions for weaving/dome caps for those of us with....above average heads. Like HUGE. Any suggestions?

angelmilk

I am looking to make my own wig but I was wondering if you ladies have suggestions for weaving/dome caps for those of us with....above average heads. Like HUGE. Any suggestions?
Apply duct tape around your styrofoam head until the circumference matches your own. There's a few videos on Youtube of this. Just search 'customizing my wig head'.

gforceroy

It is already July, is it too late to join??
I need people to hold me accountable lol

1. Like this post.
Liked!

2. How long do you plan on wigging it?
For the rest of the year at least.

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony?
Currently I have my hair in about 6 braids underneath.
I plan to wash every 3 weeks, deep condition, moisturize then braid.

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning:
Natural

5. Current Hair Length:
APL

6. 2017 Hair Length Goal:
At least grazing BSL hopefully :look:

7. Starting Photo
I am going to come back and add from my phone in a bit

Update with starting pic : I should have done it on wet hair after washing lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170709_173707_01_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20170709_173707_01_01_01.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

trclemons

It is already July, is it too late to join??
I need people to hold me accountable lol

1. Like this post.
Liked!

2. How long do you plan on wigging it?
For the rest of the year at least.

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony?
Currently I have my hair in about 6 braids underneath.
I plan to wash every 3 weeks, deep condition, moisturize then braid.

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning:
Natural

5. Current Hair Length:
APL

6. 2017 Hair Length Goal:
At least grazing BSL hopefully :look:

7. Starting Photo
I am going to come back and add from my phone in a bit

Update with starting pic : I should have done it on wet hair after washing lol
:welcome:

Britt

This is really cute ! I love it.
I would like a u part wig made with some relaxed looking hair and I feel overwhelmed with all the information out there. I want it to look very natural and probably get one made but that's gonna cost probably around $500 and then also I have to buy the hair .. ughhh! So pricey! I just want a bob.

Britt

Does anyone know anyone in NYC who will make and style a wig for less than freaking $500. I really don't have it to spend that nor do I want to. I'm also not inclined to stress myself to make it myself. Am I being unreasonable regarding pricing? I looked into this when I first went natural and the prices then (roughly 3 years ago) were just about $500 and I had the hair. Now I want a bob wig with a u part leave out and maybe another wig also depending on pricing. All the wig info out here is overwhelming but my main concern is it looking natural and being able to access my scalp on the weekends for a wash n condition. I'm think a u part maybe the way to go? I also would like a bob with a part on the side (a bob as well) so I could do that tousled/beach wave look. Are closures still a thing? I feel overwhelmed :whyme:

Britt

This wig seems to be everything but I'm going to wait on a few more reviews before I invest any coins.

For these lace front wigs, you take it off at night and every time you wear it you do the routine of the got2b gel and spray and lay the baby hairs? Do any of you have to fuss a lot with the lace fronts in the morning. I must say this one is pretty nice. I'm tempted to try it and give it a go on the weekend.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
For these lace front wigs, you take it off at night and every time you wear it you do the routine of the got2b gel and spray and lay the baby hairs? Do any of you have to fuss a lot with the lace fronts in the morning. I must say this one is pretty nice. I'm tempted to try it and give it a go on the weekend.
I've never worn a full frontal, but from what I've seen in YouTube they're typically worn for a few days at a time.

Pygmy_puff

Hey @AgeinATL. As an alternative to what @sarumoki suggested, you can try one of these mannequin heads. I just ordered one for myself on Amazon because I'm too lazy to do the duct tape thing. Lol. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W1BT1SI?psc=1
They come in different sizes, so you can get the right size for you. I got the 22" one but they go all the way up to 24"

Also, they sell different sized wig caps on AliExpress for cheap. I ordered a bunch of large side-U-part wig caps for like $7.

Last edited: