2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

Aggie

Already henna'ed my hair overnight last night.

I have to say my henna application was very easy and I think it was because I applied the henna right over my heavily sealed hair in Blue Magic grease.

Right now I have some indigo on my hair and after about 3 hours I will wash it out, maybe I'll DC overnight if it's not too late, moisturize and seal tomorrow before heading out to church.

Last edited:

faithVA

I did henna and amla for 3 hours and then did 3 hours of indigo. It's the first time I tried the amla but I like the color versus just straight henna. It didn't cover my grays as well but I will keep working on it. This henna/indigo seemed to go better than my last few times. I will see how it looks in a few days.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Ended up just straining the seeds for tea. Sprayed my scalp this morning and kept the rest in the fridge. The smell lingers though.

What kind of smell was it? I hear it smells like maple syrup I could handle that but then some ladies say curry and I don’t know about walking around smelling like curry! lol

Maybe if you add some essential oil to it? Maybe like orange blossom

imaginary

What kind of smell was it? I hear it smells like maple syrup I could handle that but then some ladies say curry and I don’t know about walking around smelling like curry! lol

Maybe if you add some essential oil to it? Maybe like orange blossom

Definitely maple syrupy. It wasn't especially strong, but during the day I would indeed get whiffs. I'd definitely need to find scents that work with the maple syrup rather than trying to mask it, I feel like it would come through either way.

imaginary

I also took my crochet out this weekend. Did a clay wash (kaolin, bentonite, charcoal, peppermint and a green/almond and fenugreek tea mix). My hair was super soft but my scalp was still itchy so I shampooed before doing a DC. I still need to do a strengthening treatment and Im debating between a henna treatment or just a drc28 or both. Trying not to wash for the next 2 weeks though so I'll see.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@WaistLengthDreams I'm sorry, I could have sworn, I replied to you. Its stated that Caffeine blocks the effect of DHT, which has been proven to induce baldness and damaged hair follicles. Coffee is supposed to coffee significantly increases follicle stimulation which leads to faster hair growth. I've always found it very stimulating when used with ceramide oils and JBCO/HBCO.

Aggie

Brought my gf some of my coffee oil I made to work today. Im so proud of myself.

I wonder if I should add some to a little shea butter and have Shea/Coffee butter mix laying around. Looking all luscious,.. just waiting for me to use :spinning:
OOh girl stop teasing. That coffee oil and shea butter mix sounds delish :lick:. Sounds like I need to make a batch of that for my scalp, Hmm, :scratchchin:. I think I'll make it from 2:1 jbco/evco or 1:1 bhringraj/brahmi oil. 2 ounces of coffee oil to 2 ounces of shea butter should suffice.

Last edited:

Aggie

Just put a bunch of herbs together in a medium sized pot to boil and make me some more tea rinse for next week.

Tonight I used:

Amla
Kalpi Tone
Shikakai
Brahmi
Hibiscus
Rose Powder
CP Tea Rinse blend of herbs
Earl Grey Black Tea from www.herbco.com
Rose Hips from herbco

I sealed all the powders in either knee-hi stockings and all other herbs in spice bags and threw them all in a pot of distilled water. It's now simmering on the stove. I'll put the whole pot in the fridge to steep overnight and then remove the herbs after they've cooled when I get off work tomorrow

Ltown

Greyland
How @Ltown? Did you add the dry powders to the DC, then added the mix to your hair or did you use the powders before you deep conditioned? I am just trying to figure out all the different ways I can use up my oils, herbs and powders in my stash.
@Aggie, i mix the powder first with water made a paste the use one of my cheap conditioner i really forgot about it's very thick garnier fructis brazilian smooth
ingredients: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BIS-CETEARYL AMODIMETHICONE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, PYRUS MALUS FRUIT EXTRACT/APPLE FRUIT EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, BENZOIC ACID, GLYCERIN, PEG-40/PPG-8 METHYLAMINOPROPYL/HYDROXYPROPYL DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, NIACINAMIDE, PYRIDOXINE HCl, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRIC ACID, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM EXTRACT/SUGAR CANE EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE CANNE A SUCRE, BENZYL CINNAMATE, COUMARIN, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM LEMON PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CITRUS LIMON PEEL EXTRACT/LEMON PEEL EXTRACT, LEUCONOSTOC/RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL. F.I.L.# D192719/1

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used:
Cream & Coco's Ginger Peach & ACV Rinse
Tea Blend (Guava & Bamboo Leaf Teas)
ST'icals RW Follicle Rinse

Also Used:
TMC Green Tea & Carrot Restorative & Strengthening Treatment Mask

Aggie

This morning I poured some of my herbal tea rinse on my scalp and hair while I showered.

My routine for tonight and tomorrow:

-I decided to detox my hair and scalp tonight with JMoniquesNaturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Mask overnight tonight.
-I will shampoo in the morning with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo,
-Henna my hair

-Olaplex steps #1 through 5
-Deep Condition with a combination of Natur Growth Cayena Wood and Castor Argan mixed with a little NG Rose Clay DC for softness.

-Leave-in with SSI Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail
-Heavy seal later with Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Moisturizer, Shea Butter and Grease
-Scalp massage with Follicle Care Bambu Scalp Drops and jbco.