• Deep condition under dryer for 20-25 min
  • Rinse out & Detangle hair
  • Rollerset - go under dryer for 20-30 min
  • If Saturday then pincurl & go to bed.

Monday-Friday.
  • Moisturize & Seal every morning
  • Oil scalp every 2 days
  • a. If hair looses curls then put in satin rollers @ night
  • b. If hair looses curls then put into bantu knots @ night.

------------------------------------------------------

The part I am having trouble with is that, I'm not sure if I should wash my hair once a week or every two weeks. Please help? :yep:

Damaged but not out

Just incase....:blush:

Daily Vitamins
Drink over 64 oz water daily( i only drink water)
Morning moisturise and seal ( with NTM shea and jojoba\coco oil)
Nightly massage scalp with aloe and moisture milk mix finish with a little castor oil
Satin bonnet...is a must

Co-wash 2-3 times a week with moisture milk and olive oil
Deep condition 2x weekly, either overnite with cheap cond and oil, or with more exp mizani and keracare products.

Protein only by accident.

Minimum heat
Mostly buns
Hopefully great results.

Kirei

Great idea.
REGIMEN
Saturday or Sunday

• Wash hair
  • Deep condition under dryer for 20-25 min
  • Rinse out & Detangle hair
  • Rollerset - go under dryer for 20-30 min
  • If Saturday then pincurl & go to bed.
Monday-Friday.

• Moisturize & Seal every morning
  • Oil scalp every 2 days
  • a. If hair looses curls then put in satin rollers @ night
  • b. If hair looses curls then put into bantu knots @ night.
------------------------------------------------------

The part I am having trouble with is that, I'm not sure if I should wash my hair once a week or every two weeks. Please help? :yep:

If it were me,

Since you are oiling you scalp every 2 days (which is quite often), I would wash my hair every week. If your hair feel oily or your scalp feels itchy, I would wash it sooner (that same day).

What do you oil your scalp with? If you're using a light oil then every 2 weeks just may work. :yep:

HTH

carameldelight87

My day one is down. Woohoo! :grin: I actually did my hair last night. I tried a new technique that woulda taken too long and I had to be a church on time today. :)

I really do like the results especially since it's already styled and I don't have to do much to it. It looks like I got a straw set but I did this by hand. Everybody :lots: loved it at church today too! :blush:

Here is how it looked last night after I finished.

I tied it down and woke up it was flat. I simply spray some water on it and fluffed it back up. A virtually indestructible style! :superman: LOVE IT!! So this is how I wore it to church. (Big earrings a MUST!! :yep:)

This is where I got the technique from...via LHCF.

http://biracialhair.org/CurlyPrimer.aspx

remilaku

Hi there,
Do you mind me asking what recipe you use for this?
tia,
tishee

5-10 juices of any fruit. milk, honey and oil. mix and apply to hair. leave on for 1 hour. then rinse. you will have the softest hair you ever felt! leave left overs in the fridge.

I like to use orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, grape fruit juice and apple juice. I have used other juices as well. I use these the most.

Don't use coconut oil. It will clump up when you put it in the fridge.

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

I am up very late...

Anyway, challengers list will be up tomorrow.

I did good today!

Also remember you can always do extra things as long as you don't skip the must do's for that day!

remilaku

I have been trying to use baking soda less in my hair. People say that clarifying washes dry your hair out and you should only use it about once or twice a month. My hair loves clarifying. My hair got hard today. Vinegar usually make my hair soft. It made my hair rough today. I think that I will keep using the baking soda like I do just not every day. I will use it every other day. If I use it every day, yes my hair does dry out. But, If I use it and then skip a day, my hair is soft. I don't know why. But this is what my hair likes.

Prettyeyes

PLEASE NOTE I CHANGED THE 1st rule from update 3-4 times a week to: UPDATE TWICE A WEEK, JUST TO BE MORE SPECIFIC.

Challenger list is up.

Prettyeyes

I really pampered my hair today and did an Aphogee treatment! Thursday is my big hair care day!

I also went to Sally and got a new DENMAN.

Damaged but not out

Slight adjustments for the first couple days. Im relxaing on monday (31st)so havent con washed this week at all!
Clarified with bentonite on monday, used the aloe and vo5 milk up to wednesday night, but stopped wetting my scalp( for obvious reasons). Till sunday night( 30th) i will be moisturising at night with v05 milk, oiling scalp and sealing with castor oil. For morning i cut out the shea wednesaday also( buildup reasons) but im using NTM and jojoba to seal.

also im finger combing once a day, something i could have never accoplished pre LHCF. Around week7 post relaxer my hair would revert:perplexed and i would bun till week 8. Im at week 11 of my relaxer stretch and i can still run my fingers through my hair root to tip......with only 1 or 2 snags:grin:

Besides those modifications for this first week, Ive stuck to the plan
Vitamins...ingested
satin bonnet....in place(still)
water....consumed
protective styles...bunning and cornrows

by monday i will be back on track.:yep:

will try to do before and after relaxer pics too.

sqzbly1908

I shampooed with Kenra MS, followed up with Emergencee and then left MOP Extreme Moisture on my hair overnight….

Going forward I will still be washing/conditioning every other day -…will DC overnight on dry hair with either AO HSR or AO GPB – wash in the morning with Kenra MS and follow up with Kenra MC -

Still taking my vitamins and increasing my water intake

ceebee3

Hi all,

I forgot about posting my updates, but I've been sticking to my regimen.

I did a pro-poo with aphogee 2 minutes mixed with Emergencee for 10 minutes and washed with Pantene shampoo and conditioner, deep conditioned for 30 minutes w/heat with motions moisture plus and did a rollerset.

My hair is coming along well after my protein overload/setback, it's finally stopped breaking and coming out when I wash.

I'll probably do a hot oil treatment tonight, wash with pantene, deep condition and rollerset again.

I'll do this. I had a pretty good regimen and I only had trouble when I decided to stray. Here goes:

Every Sunday:
Pre-poo/Hot oil treatment
Wash with any moisturizing shampoo
Deep condition with any moisturizing conditioner
Add moisturizing leave ins and serum
Rollerset

Clarify every 3 weeks
Add protein deep condition when neccessary

Moisturize and seal every 1-3 days, and cover hair at night

ellehair

I'm in

Regi as follows

wash 1x week with CON shampoo( a breeze to detangle with) - DC w Heat
cowash 2x per week, DC only on 1 of the cowash's (alt btw protein moisture DC's)
moisturize and seal 2x a day with homemade spritz and seal with EVCO
MN directly to scalp 3 to 4 times a week

Ladies I have not made it thru 1 weeks and my regi already changed, lol

! am 12 weeks post and was going to relax but decided against it since I was able to corn row my hair once i used my new staple Ccantu shea butter on my NG.. So i will be washing in Cornrows 1 week same prodeucts and removing the cornrows on week two and washing and dc'ing.. Not so sure about the cowashes in between now.. seems like a bit much and I may get some buildup being in braids..

What do you ladies think??

remilaku

My regi. changed in a BIG way. If I can stick to it, my hair and scalp will thank me! I have been washing my hair way to much. It got addicting. I knew I was washing it to much and I did it anyway. So I am on the right track. Was on the wrong one going the wrong way and there was another train coming my way! (ha ha)

Mercie

If it were me,

Since you are oiling you scalp every 2 days (which is quite often), I would wash my hair every week. If your hair feel oily or your scalp feels itchy, I would wash it sooner (that same day).

What do you oil your scalp with? If you're using a light oil then every 2 weeks just may work. :yep:

HTH
Thank you so much for your advice.
I think will oil the scalp and add moisturizing the new growth w/ braid spray every 4 days or whenever I think I need it.

Im also just going to stick to washing the hair every 2 weeks.

*Frisky*

Surpisingly I have been sticking to my regimen except a couple missed days taking vitamins but the rest has been going good.

Prettyeyes

I have noticed that I am slacking on the baggying and massaging. So I am trying to find the best way to fix this.

ceebee3

I've been sticking to my regimen and I've also been adding some extra DC's and protective styling.

The hair is feeling much better.

Prettyeyes

I did a S&D trim. I did my weekly shampoo. I DC'd. I am now protective styling for a while so I put it in a pretty updo/bun style

I also did my baby's hair too. She's 2 1/2 so starting her on a little regi, LOL!

carameldelight87

I am so sorry that I have not been updating. School started and time is getting away from me. I've been sticking to my regimen as it pertains to the washing. My moisturizing and sealing daily may be lacking though. :( But I am still using ONLY the products listed.

I did some two strand twists for the weekend and I'm about to take them out tonight, I believe. Probably wash, moisturize, and seal for tomorrow.

morehairplease

Checking in ladies...deep conditioning/pre-pooing now for 1 hr. and 30 minutes and will do a cleansing conditioner & acv rinse while in the shower.