Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 2

rsmith

Rsmith...

What was ur reggie with ur twists??
What is ur wash routine???

I keep it really simple. I only cowashed my hair twice a month with Aveda Damage Remedy, Aubrey Organics HSR,Organic Root Replenishing Pak or Pantane for Naturals. I would twist my hair on damp hair using aloe gel and shea butter. I wear my twist for two weeks. I would always do the mini twist which takes about 3hrs to complete. Then I would do a twistout for about 3 days. To prepare my hair for washing I apply conditioner to dry hair and finger comb removing shed hairs. Once the conditioner sits on my hair for about 30 minutes I wet my hair under the shower and finger comb some more. Honey Sickle and Rose Conditioner. gives a lot of slip. I use it to detangle my hair in the shower. While wearing my twist, I keep my ends moisturized using shea butter or coconut oil. I spray twist with glycerin and water once a day to keep mositure level secure.

oooop2

I like your regime rsmith. And your growth definitely shows that it's working.

Update on me: Still without home Internet connection. Won't be up and running now til the 29th. Can't capture good growth pics with my iPhone. So I've decided to post my growth pics at the beginning of the next challenge which kicks off on Sept 1-Dec 22.

We now have 10 participants, and as statemented in previous post, no more participants will be added. Thanks ladies for sending me messages on wanting to participate. Hoping we reach great lengths by the end of the year.

Participants are:
1. Oooop2
2. Ms lala
3. Soliel185
4. Bablou00
5. Jaxhair
6. rsmith
7. Loolalooh
8. Productjunkie814
9. Dragone
10. Sheava

Ms Lala

I slacked off on the last challenge. I wasn't moisturizing like I should and wore my hair loose for too long. I"m looking forward to the new challenge. I want to try some new styles w/my twists. I want to find some that are less time consuming than the small individual twists I was wearing.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm back on this challenge. I got sidetracked for a while and better believe I won't stray again!:grin: I got my best retaining of growth this way.:yep:

anherica

Late, late, late! Sorry for being late with my update ladies. I've been taking an advanced mathematics class in preparation for my official school start on Tuesday and my brain is liquefied.

Here are my results from the challenge. I was able to retain length, and it's really noticeable (to me) in the crown area. My layers are starting to catch up. I've been paying really close attention to how my hair grows during this challenge, and despite some panic that it wasn't growing or I wasn't retaining length, I am. It almost seems like each layer takes a turn at growing out. So finally, my top layers are catching up to the bottom one. I think I can officially claim APL, or at least darn close to it. It was a great challenge! Thanks for letting me participate. :drunk:

Last edited: