Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 2

rsmith

I just did a twistout. I will post pics later. I will twist my hair this weekend and keep it until August 15. Hopefully I can get a lot of growth.

oooop2

Been MIA due to relocating...Now officially in the USA...Had to do some major TLC on my hair after spending 10 days on the beach. Currently in chunky twist.

Challenge is almost over!!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm officially back on this challenge since I learned how to make my hair stay in flat twists.:rolleyes: That will be my main transitioning style until I BC.:yep: I will take a pic of it this week end and post it.

bablou00

I would like to join this challenge. I want to stay in twist as long as I can but only do twist out on special occasions. I hope as my hair gets longer the knots and tangles will get better....I know I might be fooling myself...hehe!! So I know Im late but am offically starting to keep my hair in twist. Not going to set a date but I would like to be able to pull my hair back by my bday April 2010!!!

productjunkie814

Welcome back Ooop! Hopefully this will be a smooth transition :c) I wore my hair in about 15 twists at the beginning of the week and wore a chunky twist out for the last two days. I will start deep conditioning tonight because my I could feel my hair is thirsty! And then back into twists.

oooop2

Bablou another challenge will kick off in sept so be on the lookout if you want to join.

Thanks for checking in ladies. This has been a long challenge. I can't wait to see you guys results.

Well I've been cowashing my hair 2x a day since Wed. All of my fun in the sun left a pound of sand all in my hair and scalp. I'm still finding sand. I also think that my prolonged use of henna has changed my strands.

Here are some pics from today. Compare my texture to my texture shot in my sept 2008 fotki album. My hair definitely doesn't tangle as easily.

Last edited:

tallnomad

I've been eyeing this thread for awhile. I recently got a BKT and really like it. I've been wearing my hair pressed and doing wash-n-gos, but it just dawned on me that it would be so easy for me to do double strand twists and bun as a protective style--I've done so in the past. My new growth is thick and I don't plan on doing another BKT for awhile, and I'm sick of presses and wash-n-gos, so I plan on twisting my hair for an extended amount of time.

I know I'm late. :rolleyes:

productjunkie814

I've just finished doing small/medium twists on freshly washed, damp hair. I used shea butter to smooth roots down (we'll see whether this actually works) and a little gel for the twists, then sealed with more shea butter. I am thinking of putting an order in for a tub of shea in anticipation for the end of fall/winter. Also want to check out Qhemet products for the fall/winter. Anyone have experiences with large amounts of shea and/or Qhemet products?

productjunkie814

Here are pics of my twist out on day 1, 2, and 3. I wore the twists that I did on Sunday until Friday when I did the twistout. I LOVED the way my hair turned out the whole week. Will definitely do this again.

Attachments

• P7030076.jpg
    P7030076.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P7060080.jpg
    P7060080.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P7070104.jpg
    P7070104.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P7080112.jpg
    P7080112.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 23

productjunkie814

I won't be here the day the challenge ends (and I wanted to get my pics in cause I was so excited, lol :grin:), so I'm posting my results today. I have to say, while twists can consume a few hours over a weekend, I was able to retain a boatload of length. My hair is healthy and it has thanked me tenfold. I'm in for the next one, especially since I'm usually in twists during the fall/winter months more than I am spring and summer. I'll use different products though. Can't wait to see everyone's final progress!!!:drunk:

Attachments

• Starting point - front.jpg
    Starting point - front.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 31
  • P7080076.jpg
    P7080076.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 38
  • Starting point - nape.jpg
    Starting point - nape.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P7080082.jpg
    P7080082.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 35

oooop2

Productjunkie awesome job. So glad this challenge worked well for you. I can't wait to see others progress. The next challenge will kick off Sept 1 and will last til mid-Dec. I will also limit it to 10 participants.

Fhrizzball

The next challenge will kick off Sept 1 and will last til mid-Dec. I will also limit it to 10 participants.

Why only 10? I better try to be the lucky few then. Twists are actually starting to look good on me so I can't wait till that challenge starts up.

oooop2

Why only 10? I better try to be the lucky few then. Twists are actually starting to look good on me so I can't wait till that challenge starts up.

Per lack of participation. 35 joined and I can count on 2 hands the number that actively participate. So I'll just keep it small from now on.

Jaxhair

Awesome progress PJ!!! Consistency has paid up for you, definitely. And your TO was fabby too!

I'm still in my braids but itching to take them out, so will be free of them my the weekend. Will take pics then (even though I promised myself I won't check length again in December, lol). Will be interesting to compare to my before photos.

Ooop2, can I just sign up for the next challenge this very minute, lol!? Don't want to miss out. Really though, 10 is a very small number, but whatever happens, I'm in!!!!!!

Ms Lala

Update- My hair is doing ok. I just got back from another week away. I am still getting breakage and not quite sure why. I thought is was from the color on my ends but I think most of it is gone. Maybe I'm handling my hair rough and not realizing it.
Please include me in the 10 for the next challenge. I am adding a bunch of things to my schedule and this will help me stay disciplined to take care of my hair.

Last edited:

oooop2

This challenge is officially over. Thanks to all that actively participated. Hope you got the results you expected. If not, I hope you are able to find the routine that works best for your hair. I will be posting pics of my progress later this week. The next challenge will start Sept 1 and will only have 10 participants. If you are interested in joining PLEASE send me a message directly. Once I've reached the number 10, no more participants will be added.

rsmith

I wanted to post my progress. Sorry I am late

Attachments

• Image-4.jpg
    Image-4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Image-20.jpg
    Image-20.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Image-34.jpg
    Image-34.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Image-24.jpg
    Image-24.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Image-21.jpg
    Image-21.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11

rsmith

Here's some more

Attachments

• Image-2.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Image-5.jpg
    Image-5.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Image-47.jpg
    Image-47.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Image-31.jpg
    Image-31.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Image-29.jpg
    Image-29.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 12

loolalooh

This challenge is officially over. Thanks to all that actively participated. Hope you got the results you expected. If not, I hope you are able to find the routine that works best for your hair. I will be posting pics of my progress later this week. The next challenge will start Sept 1 and will only have 10 participants. If you are interested in joining PLEASE send me a message directly. Once I've reached the number 10, no more participants will be added.

PMed you. Can't wait for the next challenge:grin:!