APL`13 Challenge

Breeze

If there's still time, I'd like to join for the last few months. Here's my info...

Current hair length:
Shoulder length, on my length check shirt it's at a 3

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning:
Textlaxed, currently 11 weeks post.

Goal Month:
I was thinking March, but I am excited to see how far I can get by December

Current Reggie and styling choices:
Co-wash once a week, shampoo every other week. DC, moisture & seal daily, bun and wash and go's.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
Recently been experiencing lots of shedding, plan to try tea and coffee rinses to stop it.
Will trim on my birthday in November (if I can wait that long).

Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• Hair3.jpg
    Hair3.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 85

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Getting close in the back. now for the sides

BEAUTYU2U

Labor Day is over!!

Ladies, tell us how you're going to winterize your haircare routine!!

I'll be replacing my avocado oil for coconut and castor. My Knot Today with Burdock Root Butter Cream.

IslandMummy

Joining now since a 2014 challenge has not started yet

Current hair length:
Between SL and APL, the middle of my hair grows funky and is only neck length in one spot.

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning
Natural

Goal Month
December 2014

Current Reggie and styling choices
For winter I'll be P/S with kinky twists and wigs.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
Hard core crown and glory and NO heat :look:

Post a beginning picture
I just twisted my hair before joining so I'll have to post one once I take the twists out

pearlific1

Labor Day is over!!

I'll be replacing my avocado oil for coconut and castor. My Knot Today with Burdock Root Butter Cream.

I'm stepping up my DCing to 2x-3x/wk since my hair gets really dry in the winter. I'll balance the increase in moisture with weekly light protein treatments.

I'm also discontinuing the use of glycerin products until Spring 2014.

PS 24/7 will be in effect

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My regimen is about the same year round.

Today is wash day! I'll get started around 5 this evening.

tapioca_pudding

I'll probably add a thicker moisturizing conditioner, since I'll likely be cowashing a bit less. Other than that, everything will likely be the same. I pretty much protective style daily; I'll wear my hair out on the weekends if I'm going somewhere but if not, I'll do a braid out or bun around the house. Really wanting to get to APL this year so I'm willing to sacrifice!

TaylorT

Labor Day is over!!

My routine will pretty much stay the same. Will still focus on keeping my hair in protective styles and moisturizing.

On another note...I've only had my sew-in for 2.5 weeks and I'm ready to take it down!!! Miss my hair!!

BEAUTYU2U

Oh and I added aPhogee reconstructor and moisturizer, which is a staple, I just been broke. And Silk Elements Megasilk deep conditioner packet. I mix it with the moisturizer as a great DC.

I'll buy the full sizes when I run out of my Ion Hard Water shampoo and do a Sally's haul lol. Other than that, I'm focusing on being consistent (I'm terrible about this in the summer) and dusting my fairy knots/split ends.

BShamWow

So I've been MIA. Grad school is kicking my butt and I've kind of ignored my hair. I really just don't know what to do with it at this point so I throw it in a low bun everyday. What do y'all do with your hair everyday? Braid outs don't work for me cause my ends look raggedy and then I start searching for my scissors. Ugh. I'm feeling defeated by this hair journey.

BEAUTYU2U

So I've been MIA. Grad school is kicking my butt and I've kind of ignored my hair. I really just don't know what to do with it at this point so I throw it in a low bun everyday. What do y'all do with your hair everyday? Braid outs don't work for me cause my ends look raggedy and then I start searching for my scissors. Ugh. I'm feeling defeated by this hair journey.

Aw, don't be defeated. I know I get the hair blues every summer. Maybe a protective style like braids to keep it neat and keep you from the scissors?

ilong

God's Own
@Anticipatience08- you look BSL with shrinkage. When you straighten you will surely be BSL. Great progress and Beautiful hair!

LMBO @
"leaning on the everlasting arm"
BUT you see what happened to your hair because it did lean on THAT arm. :lol:

Last edited:

Jobwright

Can't wait till I get to this:

image-2136030906.jpg

This what I want!

image-2152237505.jpg

This is where I am now....

image-1981003869.jpg

ETA Back shot

Excuse the old lady MooMoo but it is sooooo comfortable!

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Once the cold weather hits, I'll be wearing wigs vs buns regularly. In TX cold weather won't be here until the mid November.

Jobwright

Once the cold weather hits, I'll be wearing wigs vs buns regularly. In TX cold weather won't be here until the mid November.

I think I will do the same. Gotta find something that will keep my edges from rubbing though. Maybe a doo rag?

IslandMummy

Going finally finish my twist extensions today after the kids go down. Hoping I can get a month to six weeks out of them

IslandMummy

Finally finished, much longer than I expected but should hold for at least a month

Attachments

• image-1181348774.jpg
    image-1181348774.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 39

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Finally finished, much longer than I expected but should hold for at least a month

Funny that we did pretty much the same thing. :lol: I've never done my braids this long but I didn't feel like cutting them in half like I usually do. I didn't do mine very small but I wound up using 4 packs.

IslandMummy

Funny that we did pretty much the same thing. :lol: I've never done my braids this long but I didn't feel like cutting them in half like I usually do. I didn't do mine very small but I wound up using 4 packs.

I know :lol: I did end up cutting some it was way too much. Next time I think I will use a kinkier texture to match my hair a little better

Going to start taking my vitamins this week

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to barge in on ya :) Not officially in this challenge but you know I've been stalking :blush:

FemmeCreole
IslandMummy
I am soo smitten by your new braids and the fact that you both did DIY. They both look awesome and soo cute! I love how you both left them really long. Heck, if you're gonna spend all that time braiding, might as well make it WL :look:

Can you guys share what brand and type of hair you used? And where'd you buy it from please :eyelashes:

Thanks a lot ladies

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Hi Ladies,
Sorry to barge in on ya :) Not officially in this challenge but you know I've been stalking :blush:

FemmeCreole
IslandMummy
I am soo smitten by your new braids and the fact that you both did DIY. They both look awesome and soo cute! I love how you both left them really long. Heck, if you're gonna spend all that time braiding, might as well make it WL :look:

Can you guys share what brand and type of hair you used? And where'd you buy it from please :eyelashes:

Thanks a lot ladies

I used Bobbi Boss Jamaica Braid in 1b/27. I got it from a local BSS for 5.99 per pack.