April 2016: What's On Sale This Month? Hair, Bath, Beauty

meka72

Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I had the Amla butter (that someone mentioned upthread) in my cart and was almost willing to pay the $10.70 shipping for this one item and wait up to 8 weeks to receive my item. But you saved me.

Oh, and might I add that her flat rate shipping that used to be $5.95 is now $10.70. I made a dummy cart just to see. One item shipped was $10.70. I know for you based on the responses I've seen, this would definitely be a deal breaker. @PJaye

Did anyone else peep that? Shipping is now a flat rate of $10.70.

NaturallyATLPCH

Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I had the Amla butter (that someone mentioned upthread) in my cart and was almost willing to pay the $10.70 shipping for this one item and wait up to 8 weeks to receive my item. But you saved me.

No problem. She has lost her mind, there's no way I'm paying any flat rate of $10.70, there are just too many options out there since she came in the game.

I would not pay anymore than $7 flat rate and that's pushing it. But hey, that's me.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I just paid $11.80 for 2 16oz jars and a 4oz bottle. I think it was still too much but with the 50% off I'm not complaining too much. She needs to seriously adjust her prices without people asking.

Its $12.55 sitting in my cart for shipping for three items. I just dont understand it. I've never paid over 10 in shipping for 3-4 items

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Its $12.55 sitting in my cart for shipping for three items. I just dont understand it. I've never paid over 10 in shipping for 3-4 items
I don't understand it either. She doesn't realize how much money she's missing out on from the LHCF women alone with these high arse shipping prices. Offering 50% off she could be making a killing if her shipping prices were lower. I wanted a few other things but I was not about to pay $20+ for shipping. And even with our forum discount, she could be getting regular orders. She also needs to work on her shipping times. I can understand longer waits during sales but if I order on a regular old Tuesday there is no way I should be waiting over 5-7 business days to get my order (actually with me being in the same city I shouldn't be waiting longer than 3-5 but maybe I'm being greedy). Unless I make a large order. And if she has stuff going on in her life she needs to communicate with people or close her shop until things slow down.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I hear you. I just made a cart at Jakaela for 3 items. The shipping was $12. Totally negated the LHCF 25% off discount. Mind you, I live in MD and according to the Etsy shop this would be shipping from VA. Huh????
That's crazy. I made a Jakeala cart similar to my NurCreations cart. 2 16oz jars and a 4oz bottle and shipping is $5.20. I'm in Michigan. I don't understand that $12 either. Idk what's going.

Mische

That's crazy. I made a Jakeala cart similar to my NurCreations cart. 2 16oz jars and a 4oz bottle and shipping is $5.20. I'm in Michigan. I don't understand that $12 either. Idk what's going.

You're kidding?! What kinda mess. I messaged Jakeala about it (perhaps it's an error) and I'll see what the response is. The items in my cart were the Down There soap, Tea Tree Charcoal soap, and Face Toner. It's all coming out the cart if there's no change. :lol:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
You're kidding?! What kinda mess. I messaged Jakeala about it (perhaps it's an error) and I'll see what the response is. The items in my cart were the Down There soap, Tea Tree Charcoal soap, and Face Toner. It's all coming out the cart if there's no change. :lol:
Nope. I even added an extra 16oz jar and it was a little over $6. I'm sure she'll fix it lol.

IronButterfly

Did you check priority or 1st class mail? Priority is more expensive.

Mische

If you're talking about Jakeala, there are options. I was just on there. It's a pull down menu.
Ok, cool. Not sure what else to say other than that there isn't a pull-down menu anywhere on my screen. I redid the cart again and there is only an option to select country and enter your zip code. Shipping is then calculated based on that and it sends me to the confirmation screen to pay. Anyway, hopefully she'll get back to me soon. If not, I just won't buy.

ETA - It appears the Down There soap is the culprit. With just that in my cart, shipping is $10. Ain't no soap worth that kind of money.

PJaye

No problem. She has lost her mind, there's no way I'm paying any flat rate of $10.70, there are just too many options out there since she came in the game.

I would not pay anymore than $7 flat rate and that's pushing it. But hey, that's me.

I agree. Besides, at those prices, she should offer free shipping after a certain amount is spent.

PJaye

ONLY FOR YOU! 8-DAYS ONLY! $18 SALE! We are celebrating our new bold, graphic packaging with EXCLUSIVE pricing just for you! EXCLUSIVE CUSTOMER LOVE

ONLY FOR YOU! 8-DAYS ONLY! $18 SALE!

We are celebrating our new bold, graphic packaging with EXCLUSIVE pricing just for you!

EXCLUSIVE CUSTOMER LOVE PRICE!

8-DAYS ONLY! $18 DOLLAR
* Exotique Butter Creme HYDRATOR, 8oz.
* The Manipulator Creme Jelle SYTLER, 8oz.

SALE ENDS SATURDAY, MAY 7TH

NaturallyATLPCH

Ok, cool. Not sure what else to say other than that there isn't a pull-down menu anywhere on my screen. I redid the cart again and there is only an option to select country and enter your zip code. Shipping is then calculated based on that and it sends me to the confirmation screen to pay. Anyway, hopefully she'll get back to me soon. If not, I just won't buy.

ETA - It appears the Down There soap is the culprit. With just that in my cart, shipping is $10. Ain't no soap worth that kind of money.

Lol, now I know I'm a stickler for shipping but the loaf is huge, heavy, and it lasts a long time (I get about 9-10 bars of nice sized soap). It is the only natural soap where the runoff doesn't irritate my lady parts.

She should restock the regular bars because people may not want that loaf (or to pay that much). I am looking for a nice back up though, just in case it increases.

BrownBetty

Any product suggestions? I'm a color treated type 4b/c, dry hair. I wear twist outs and curl (dry). Cowash, DC, leave in, and moisturizer suggestions welcomed! Thx!