BSL 2013 Challenge

Tonto

My last length check- it was yesterday.
Why does it seem do be hard to get to BSL for me? I'm around 5 feet 9 and it seems like my back is so long, while I think that I'm not even that tall.
Someday I wish I was 4 feet nine...:look:

Attachments

• 20130303_210711.jpg
    20130303_210711.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 56

lamaria211

Just woke up from my 7hr nap lol.
M&S with Bee Mine moisture cream and avocado oil. I'm only going to use a little because I plan on DCing tomorrow!

Trixie58

hello NikkiQ et al, I am joining. want to make BSL by labor day (6 mos, 3 in, i think thats about right). also focused on growing out my nape breakage, so i am in the thicker fuller hair challenge also.
nothing big--washing and DC'ing when my hair needs it, rinsing with aloe vera juice, using a leave-in, baggying w moisturizer & coconut oil, and using protein treatments here and there. minimal trims. stretching relaxers to every 2 months, so 3 over the time period. also focused on my nape, so NO wrapping, massaging castor oil + infusium 23 into the area. only blow dry the roots when i have a special event, otherwise no heat.

Attachments

• Other-mar 2013 052.JPG
    Other-mar 2013 052.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 27

JJamiah

I am so loving that pic @NikkiQ.... all that red hair :grin:
HUH....
I will get there one day. Still pecking along and nothing major to report. For this month each week I will be doing a curlformer set . I bought a new set of curlformers the extra wide ones I can't wait until they come, because I will use those until I out grow them. I want more of a doobie look, instead of a twirly curl look right now that I am getting with curlformers long and wide. I am going out each weekend this month so I need my hair on point. In between I will do my wash n goes since going to swimm class messes up my doo.

Any NY,NJ, PA ladies there is a hair expo in Brooklyn, NY on April 20, 2013. If you'd like to come pm me and I will forward you the information. I will definitely be there with bells on :grin:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I had an amazing hair day yesterday. On a 1.5 week old flat iron I dusted my ends, washed with my wen, did a 2 min aphogee reconstructor, DC w/ Ors replenishing for 3hrs (1st 20 mins with heat). Then put in my cant Shea butter leave-in and did 4 Bantu knots. My hair wasn't completely dry this am but I covered my palms in grapeseed oil then took them down, separated, and fluffed :) my hair is now lightly waved and softer than a babies bottom :yep: lol

View attachment 198029

Your hair looks so pretty. It looks like a looser braidout. I havent done a bantu set in years! I might try to do that after out length check.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hey Ladies,

Question, do any of yall have the "u" shape trim. I am sooo in love with how reneice trims hair and I would like (cross fingers) to do it myself for our next length check. Now I googled how to do a "u" shape trim and they said to put your hair in a pony tail and then attached another pony tail holder under the pony tail and slide it down until you get to your ends. I watch prettywitty77 utube channel and notice she trims her hair the same way and has a "u" shape or is trying to get a "u" shape. Does that sound right?

Do any of yall have a "u" shape trim?

Happy Growing Ladies:)

NikkiQ

pelohello I think once my hair gets a bit longer, I'll start to have my hair trimmed into the U shape if it doesn't do it on it's own. I love how it looks :yep:

mami2010

I washed my hair today then DC and roller set. Roller setting and drying my hair is taking longer these days. When I roller set I am seeing longer lengths now ( I have to stretch my arm out further). So I am excited to see what I have accomplished this first length check.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130306_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20130306_1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 41

Mjon912

NikkiQ and everyone else I hope you all feel better and stay better, my dd has a cold as well, no fun
NikkiQ your hair is growing nicely!!!
Tonto your hair looks so close to BSL! You'll be there soon!!!!
Trixie58 hello!!! Good luck on your journey to longer healthier hair =)

Last edited:

mami2010

I took down my rollers

Attachments

• image-1806933195.jpg
    image-1806933195.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3831366365.jpg
    image-3831366365.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1277716472.jpg
    image-1277716472.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-209584111.jpg
    image-209584111.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 36

GettingKinky

Bye-bye straight hair. I'm off to take a surfing lesson.!!!!!! :)

My hair won't be straight again until April 25 when I go for my colored cellophane treatment, so this will have to be my March length check.

ETA: I'm really going to miss my sleek, bouncy ponytail. I wish heat wasn't so damaging, or that roller sets were as quick as a flat iron.

Attachments

• image-615630048.jpg
    image-615630048.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

GettingKinky

Two hours? And your dryer looks like a good one. I just can't imagine doing that once a week. Sigh...I guess straight hair just isn't meant to be for me.

GettingKinky

LHCF has totally warped my thinking. We went to a luau last night and all the performers have at least MBL hair, but I only considered the ones with WHIP length to have long hair. That's just crazy!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Bye-bye straight hair. I'm off to take a surfing lesson.!!!!!! :)

View attachment 198355

My hair won't be straight again until April 25 when I go for my colored cellophane treatment, so this will have to be my March length check.

ETA: I'm really going to miss my sleek, bouncy ponytail. I wish heat wasn't so damaging, or that roller sets were as quick as a flat iron.

Well dang GettingKinky your almost BSL. Your hair looks so thick and healthy:yep:

GettingKinky

Arghhh! I just washed my hair and my stylist got my last texlax waaay to straight. Now I have ~1-2 inches of almost straight roots, 5-6 inches of very lightly texlaxed hair and the rest bonelaxed.

Next shampoo I'm going to try a protein conditioner to see if the roots will curl up. Otherwise I'm not sure what to do. There's no way I want to try and do a corrective on the middle portion, but these straight roots just don't go with the rest of my hair.

Grrrrrrr. :-( :-( :-(

Last edited: