BSL 2013 Challenge

NikkiQ

@cattypus1 you better not go get a haircut! It's gonna be okay. Just trim those ends and start fresh. Baby those ends after the trim and get back in the game.

Last edited:

SimJam

*Question of the Day/Weekend!!!*

Since tomorrow is Easter, what is everyone doing with their hair? Anyone busting out a cute new style for the first time or sticking with something you're already really good at?

Not doing anything special. Hair is in a wash and shingle.

NikkiQ you had some great growth!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using LHCF

polished07

I don't attend church and Easter will be no difference. One of these days we'll start going but for now, it's same ol' hair for me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is like I said it out my own mouth!

I will be doing my girls hair to get ready for the week but that's really it

praisedancer

So here's my LC, 1st pic is Dec 31, 2nd pic is today Mar. 30 Where my bra stops at is MBL for me since I have a long torso, so my BSL is BSB

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1364689880357.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1364689880357.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 74

Seamonster

I'm posting my progress a day early. I'm rethinking my goal of reaching BSL by 31 Dec. My longest layer is currently shoulder length and I realistically do not see myself reaching BSL. I don't want to drop out the challenge completely, for I've learned a lot from the ladies in this challenge; but I do want to stay true to myself and not have delusions of grandeur. Doing this check-in has allowed me to assess my current regimen (I need to make some changes). I pressed my hair to do my length check and noticed that my ends were a little on the dry side. Used ORS Anti-breakage Creme on ends and twisted my hair into bantu knots. Hope it helps.

:congrats: on reaching SL, the other layers will get there soon. Full SL is long hair to me, and it always will be! I too think you can make APL this year.
Upon looking at your routine and hair, I would highly recommend you up your m&s from weekly to daily, maybe add a mid week reconstructor. The dye is fighting with the health of your hair, it is not a dryness issue; it is a protein bond issue. Glad you caught it in time.
:drunk:Finally APL!:party:

:band: and you did for Easter, that is great

So here is my official length check ladies! DH took pics for me but he cut my bra out of the picture b/c he said "it was too low". Then step back fool! *sigh* Good help is hard to find. I did my best taking a pic and compared it to my starting pic. Sorry the comparison is so small.

And our fearless leader is the first unicorn of the March Length check. Amazing growth :thud: Oh my, that is some beautiful hair.

Here's the length check from our beloved pookaloo83!

View attachment 202029

Sent from my Android...Boom.

OMG, pookaloo83 made BSL :pulpdance:

March length check

My First picture is from December 2012
My second is from March 2013

Finally hit APL!

:yahoo: Great job

I'm so bored with my hair. Nothing really changes day to day. I'm tired of waiting for it to get long. I need something to take my mind off it. Gardening isn't doing it, and I don't get my puppy for 5 more weeks. What do you guys do to stop thinking about your hair?

Research something, start a business, Do something scandalous for spring break! Get crafty, Spring cleaning, bake home made bread, baking, learn how to make home made marinara sauce, shine your shoes, donate clothes, sell something on ebay, Go to a tea house with a friend, go window shopping then thrifting for the looks you liked.

Most importantly, put a post it note by your mirror that says something nice like 'my hair looks good' so you can see it every time you need a boost.

NikkiQ

Thinking about slathering my hair in some oil before bed so tomorrow I can finger detangle and remove shed hair, shampoo, protein treat, DC, detangle again and braid it back up. We aren't doing anything tomorrow but vegg out around the house so it's a good day to pamper my hair.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
*Question of the Day/Weekend!!!*

Since tomorrow is Easter, what is everyone doing with their hair? Anyone busting out a cute new style for the first time or sticking with something you're already really good at?

Nada!!! I am doing homework and NOT going to Church...

Hi ladies, wanted to submit my March LC - going to be busy this evening and tomorrow. Can't wait to check in on Monday and see all the lovely progress.

I have my longest layer (a few hairs :lachen:) touching the bra but don't want to claim it until the rest catch up!!!

WTG deedoswell your hair is beautiful and healthy! You are *this* close to BSL!!!

March length check

My First picture is from December 2012
My second is from March 2013

Finally hit APL!

Hey now daae WTG girly!!! Congrats :grin::spinning::yep:

So here is my official length check ladies! DH took pics for me but he cut my bra out of the picture b/c he said "it was too low". Then step back fool! *sigh* Good help is hard to find. I did my best taking a pic and compared it to my starting pic. Sorry the comparison is so small.

DAAAAAAMN hair twin!!! Girl, you will be at BSL this summer, bump September NikkiQ

I'm so bored with my hair. Nothing really changes day to day. I'm tired of waiting for it to get long. I need something to take my mind off it. Gardening isn't doing it, and I don't get my puppy for 5 more weeks. What do you guys do to stop thinking about your hair?

I've recently taken up jogging GettingKinky and that takes up so much energy, and by the time I get home I am too out of breath to do anything about hair...so that helps LOL

Here's my official LC, I'm pleased with my progress:

Amazing progress lindsaywhat!!!

No LC for me, my hair still sucks :ohwell: But I've been using the Njoy sulfur concotion and the LOC method on my twists and I'm planning a protein treatment for when I take these twists down in 2 weeks.

Everybody else, your hair looks AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to see you all make BSL!!!

NikkiQ

Stop being so hard on yourself itsjusthair88! We all know your hair is gonna bounce back quicker than you think. Talk like that again ya hear me and see what happens :spank:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just did my official length-check...I am so sad. I'm afraid I haven't recovered from my set back last spring. I haven't lost any length so I know it's growing but my ends are so incredibly thin. I used my LC tee and I have some thin scraggly ends trying to touch between the 2&3 but most of the weight is at the 1. I don't even want to post the pick because I want to go get a haircut right this second. :(

Don't be sad, just do what you have to do but please don't trim it all at once. I had the same problem because my nape was recovering from damage so it was much shorter than the rest of my hair. Once it started to grow, my hemline was still left thin and see through. I have been SLOWLY trimming my crown hair to even my hemline and now I have less than an inch left to trim which I won't be doing any time soon. My retention isn't what it should be because I've been cutting it regularly for over a year which has done wonders for the appearance of my hair. I'm on a no trim regimen for 2013, only dusting.

We still want to see pics but I guess that won't happen, lol. Chin up lady, things like this is just apart of our own individual journeys. Trust me, it was painful cutting my progress every few months to even my hemline but it had to be done and I wanted to do it before I hit APL.

Aren't you texlaxed??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Cattypus1

All loced up...
@cattypus1 you better not go get a haircut! It's gonna be okay. Just trim those ends and start fresh. Baby those ends after the trim and get back in the game.

I was having a mini meltdown and it was making me very sad. I know you're right and its a good thing tomorrow is Sunday and a holiday or the haircut would have happened. I'm going to trim my ends, probably back to the 1 on my shirt and keep on keepin on. Thanks for the support, I needed a virtual hair-hug.

NikkiQ

Here is my current LC pic...im 5 weeks post and did a pull test due to the No Heat Challenge sooooo here goes lol

Almost there SincerelyBeautiful!!

Seeing all this gorgeous and healthy hair is making me so happy right now! I'm so proud of you guys already. And even if you may not be exactly where you hoped,just believe that you will get there. Keep chuggin along with us!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

BGT

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow but I THINK I'm BSL. :grin: If not now, I definitely will be by my next touch up.

GettingKinky

I love seeing all the updates. Everyone's hair looks so good, and you all are making such great progress. I may break down and buy a LC t-shirt so I can document my progress better. I know my hair is longer but I never take pictures in the same shirt so I can see how much longer

Off topic - I went to visit the puppies today and they are soo cute. I can't wait until I can take one home. Once that happens I'm sure my hair obsession will become manageable. As it is I am pretty busy, but whenever I have any down time, and I mean even a few minutes, I'm on this site or wondering when my hair will reach BSL or wondering if I should stay texlaxed, or go natural, or back to bonelaxed. I am driving myself crazy! It's nice to know that there are other crazy hair obsessed people out there. It makes me feel a little less like a weirdo. :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
March Length Check:

First pic is end of Dec/January 1st. Second is February 18th. Last three are last week or so. I retained an inch from Feb to now, but I definitely see thickening going on. I have about 2, maybe 2.5 inches to BSL (the top of the purple shirt). Yeah, I measured. :look: So, hopefully I can claim between June :look: and August.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Hair 3-26-13 007.jpg
    Hair 3-26-13 007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Hair 3-26-13 005.jpg
    Hair 3-26-13 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Hair 3-26-13 014.jpg
    Hair 3-26-13 014.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

koolkittychick

I did my relaxer touch up last night after a 13-week stretch. I still haven't got the hang of it yet; came out underprocessed in a lot of places, plus I ended up burned. Ironically, I got burned in the places where the relaxer stayed on for the least amount of time (in the front) while the back, where it was on for the longest, was fine. I based the hell out of the back and I guess not enough in the front, probably because I was tired at that point (the whole prep time for the relaxer took about five hours!).

My hair did have more thickness and body than when I get it done at the salon, but I think that is due to the different vitamins I am taking and the techniques I am using to minimize breakage.

I am going to wait 5 weeks to give my scalp a chance to heal, and then I will go back to my stylist to get a corrective so I can even out these crazy textures. As it stands, I really can't wear my hair out without using heat, and I don't want to undo the progress that I've made with my hair with that kind of damage. :sad:

As far as length, I have made good progress. I don't see any thinning or breakage in my hemline, and if you could see my shoulder blades, I would be at just about BSB. :lol: Since I wear my bras so low, BSL is still a ways off, but not as far as I thought; I'm thinking maybe the end of September if all goes well! :grin: And by the end of Dec, I may even be sneaking up on MBL, or at least be close enough so I can taste it! :lick:

Since it didn't happen if there aren't pictures, I will post some later today once I have found some heat protectant and my flatiron to give a quick run through my hair. Congrats on the beautiful progress I am seeing with all the ladies in this challenge!! :yep: Happy Easter/Passover/Hair Growing everyone! :lol:

laylaaa

This might be a really silly question but for LCs, you're just supposed to pull the hair down your back and not down your chest right? My hair is BSL at the back **if so** but APL at the front. Is it only the hair at the front that counts? So confused!