BSL 2013 Challenge

GrowAHead

M&s daily is too much for me -- I read so much about increasing moisture for winter I think I may have gone overboard! Now I'm back to letting my hair tell me when it's thirsty lol

ronie

prepoo for 2 hours with evco, evoo, and wgo
wash with alter ego garlic shampoo (found at my mother's house since i forgot to pack my own)
emergencee for 15 mns with heat
black tea rinse
joico moisture recovery balm on top of my tea rinse for 45 mns no heat
Hair came out perfectly strong and soft.
no need for a leave in, just seal with wheat germ oil.
Joico moisture treatment balm is THEE most moisturizing DC ever.

ronie

i also trim about an inch all over with y new fromm vantage shears. I had a feeling my last shears did more damage than good. I know my relaxed ends are damaged but the more i was trimming the more splits i would get, taking away all my progress. So hopefully i won't need another trim before the end of the year and i can get back my inch.

ronie

lamaria211 i do find m&s very relaxing. Now that i found qhemet brbc and bee mine bee lovely daily conditioner i don't get to do it daily. These 2 give me moisturized hair for about 3 days depending on how i wear my hair. I kinda miss playing in my hair daily sometimes twice a day:yep:.
However, i am happy to finally know what my hair feels like when it is truly moisturized.

Kerryann

Washed and blow dried and now rod

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121117_125803.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121117_125803.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 42
  • ForumRunner_20121117_125823.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121117_125823.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20121117_125840.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121117_125840.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 53

sofash

i have been doing protective styles for a few months now and hopefully i will have reached bsl by the time im done with this six month challenge. i started in july so i have december and january to go.
be protective styling with braids and bun. ill be in braids for another month and then idk maybe just buns

growbaby

Just did my long awaited aphogee 2 step :) .. Then I blow dried .. No idea what I'm gonna do to it next.

image-2939816705.jpg

Evolving78

just relaxed and i will flat iron tomorrow. i am at the BSB mark, but i will claim it at the end of the year. i will change my siggy pic too once i reach my goal!

gforceroy

Question: Is BSB and BSL pretty much the same for anybody here? It seems like BSL is almost MBL for some people...but not for me...

Last edited:

Evolving78

Question: Is BSB and BSL pretty much the same for anybody here? It seems like BSL is almost MBL for some people...but not for me...

gforceroy

it is to me! BSL is like MBL for me. i wear my bra very low. i was just mentioning this in the BSL 2012 thread.

GrowAHead

m&s daily can be too much for me too. i have to really be careful not to create buildup. that's why i wash my hair twice a week. i am using heavier cream this winter without using an oil. it seems to be working. i still use a moisturizing spray though. my hair is starting to be more dry with this pregnancy. so some products i ran away from, i am able to get away with using now.

NikkiQ

I wear my bra pretty low so BSL and MBL are about the same for me. I think there's maybe 2" difference for me.

polished07

I have been uber lazy with this weave its been so easy to just unwrap and go! I'm now thinking of the next ps style I'm almost 4 weeks in but I want something super fly for NYE the FH will be in town and I want to get dressed up and rock a fierce dress with a fierce fire red bob cut, looking for lace wigs now since I don't want any hair out or want to cut up any of my stash

SincerelyBeautiful

^^^i need to start planning my protective styles as well. I'm trying to go hardcore for 2013. I'm willing to just write everything I may want down in my hair journal and just start from there. Maybe change up my PS monthly. Buy some wigs and other items that may help with retaining length. I'm just ready to get growing!!! :) :)

growbaby

gforceroy said:

There is a 1in difference between BSB & BSL for me :yep:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Gonna go ahead and join this BSL challenge, since I don't think I'll make it by December.

~Current hair length: About 1"-2" from BSL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~BSL goal month: Hopefully around March-April 2013

~Current Reggie and styling choices: I wash once a week, DC once a week, cowash 1-3x a week, moisturize and seal 1x daily, bunning/ponytail banding

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL? Trying to a avoid wash n go's, trying to keep my hair stretched, keep my moisture/protein balance in check, deep conditioning, using my steamer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Curlygirly9

Current hair length
APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Texturized
BSL goal month
May '13 (About 3 more inces to go!)
Current Reggie and styling choices
Every Wednesday
- Hot oil treatment with EVOO or I DC/Prepoo on dry hair with V05 Sun Kissed Raspberry Conditioner.
- After that I cover my hair hair with a plastic bag for an hour.
- I then shampoo my hair in four sections with Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo. On occasion I use Mane 'n Tail Original Shampoo (I have a very oily scalp).
- Condition and finger detangle with Kiss My Face Whenever Conditioner.
- Remove excess water with microfiber towel and apply Paul Mitchell The Conditioner to the four sections.
- Braid hair with Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling gel.
- I lightly blow dry because of the cold weather.
- The next morning i unbraid and pull into bun with a bun former.

*I don't use combs or brushes... ever!

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
I like my reggie so far, but I will do more AVC rinses and continue to do the search and destroy method. I also plan to seal my ends this winter with jojoba oil or Belle butters Orange dream cream.

Post a beginning picture
ETA: Starting pic
100_4030.JPG

Last edited:

Miss AJ

I know I'll be bunning like it's going out of style after I do my yearly flat iron :lachen: out here in PR,ain't no flat ironing with all the heat,humidity and no cold weather.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

PR?!?! I'm jealous lol. I miss humid climates. My hair was THRIVING when I was in Biloxi, MS for tech school. If i can scrape the money up, I'm investing in a steamer, that's the best I can do til I can afford to relocate lol.

NikkiQ

PR?!?! I'm jealous lol. I miss humid climates. My hair was THRIVING when I was in Biloxi, MS for tech school. If i can scrape the money up, I'm investing in a steamer, that's the best I can do til I can afford to relocate lol.

Lol I'm from New Orleans so I'm used to humidity

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Kerryann, growbaby & MyAngelEyez~C~U - yall got some crazy thick hair:lick: I LUV it!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Me and my hair were at war this weekend. I had spent 2+ hrs installing two strand twist and once completed I hated it. I decided to undo the front and do a twist out only in the front and kept the back of my hair twisted and french rolled it. It will do till Wednesday. I am going to flat iron my hair this week and for the month of December. My NG is crazy thick and tight and I feel like I am causing more breakage. I dont think 6mth stretches are for me. I think I will retouch every 3mths.

Happy Growing Ladies!!

lamaria211

Morning ladies..I was mean to my hair yesterday (hand in hair disease) so last night I DC'd with EVOCO on my dry hair and now I'm sitting in some Wen 613

mami2010

Hey ladies I am on a mission for this next hair journey. I am getting prepared for it. I have finally made my first length check shirt (homemade). Right now I have a roller set, I don't plan to straighten until the end of the year. If I had to guess I will be at line 6 or 7 when straightened.

mami2010

@NikkiQ lol, I think my shirt is tacky but I would rather buy some hair products than to spend my money on buying a shirt, lol.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

@NikkiQ lol, I think my shirt is tacky but I would rather by some hair products than to spend my money on buying a shirt, lol.

Absolutely!!! I'm too cheap to pay $13 for a shirt so when I saw a store had some really good quality t-shirts for 2/$5...I was all over it!

ImanAdero

Washed my hair yesterday!

Used my usual Elasta shampoo and really tried to scrub my scalp. I again used Redken's Extreme conditioner. While in the shower I put my hair in about 10 twists and I hope I got all the conditioner out lol.

After that I used a new leave in and I think I really like it. My hair feels really moisturized! I then sealed my ends with coconut oil to finish.

The leave in I used was from Shea Radiance and its called: nourishing hair repair cream for kinky and curly hair. Found it at Target for like 12 bucks and we'll see how my hair feels tomorrow!

deedoswell

Washed my hair yesterday!

Used my usual Elasta shampoo and really tried to scrub my scalp. I again used Redken's Extreme conditioner. While in the shower I put my hair in about 10 twists and I hope I got all the conditioner out lol.

After that I used a new leave in and I think I really like it. My hair feels really moisturized! I then sealed my ends with coconut oil to finish.

The leave in I used was from Shea Radiance and its called: nourishing hair repair cream for kinky and curly hair. Found it at Target for like 12 bucks and we'll see how my hair feels tomorrow!

I was thinking about buying Shea Radiance. Let me know how you like it.