BSL 2013 Challenge

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Duchess007 and jayjaycurlz

If I waited till all my layers to reach BSL, I'd be in this challenge for the next 10 years. :look: Yall know my greedy butt claimed it with the longest layer alright! :lachen:

Claim it! Claim it!

NikkiQ

Okay ladies. I did my best to get a decent LC pic for you guys. I think my bestie trimmed more than I thought. It was hard for me to grip my hair.

ForumRunner_20130930_094904.jpg

Crap! Sorry it's sideways guys :perplexed:

NikkiQ

Just booked an appointment for a cut and color ladies. Its time for a change and these ends need to GO!!

GettingKinky

AOGPB is starting to grow on me, but I still don't like the smell. Maybe I should try the lavender ylang ylang version. Has anyone tried it?

I'm looking forward to my touch up and trim on the 10th. I can't decide if I should trim 1 inch or 2. Two inches is almost half a year worth of growth for me so I don't want to take it lightly, but I want these relaxed ends gone.

Last edited:

g.lo

my LC: first picture was taken 1st of September and the second one today.
I am still hoping to claim back BSB by december.
I have ordered some wigs and will be wigging at least for the next 6 months, my plan is to have my hair cornrows and keep them in for max 6 weeks (never done such a thing before:look:).
Sorry for the quality of the pictures, taken by may DD:rolleyes:

Attachments

• LC1.jpg
    LC1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44
  • LC2.jpg
    LC2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 62

newnyer

I love LC time!! Pictures galore I tell ya! I did one a little over a month ago but tonight I'm washing & DC'ing so I'll take a pic tonight to add to the collection. I'm so excited to wash this head of mine...it's struggling right now!!

Blairx0

I spend most of my time in the setting to success thread, but I'm still with you ladies!

Hope to make it by the close of the year.

ForumRunner_20130930_193646.jpg

FroFab

I haven't posted in a while but here is a length check for Oct 1st. Please excuse the crazy hair as I was getting ready to head to the gym and my hair is in some loose transitional twists. I guess I'm around BSB where the ends of my sports bra cut outs are. The bottom is super low and that would be like MBL. I'm 5'10" so I've got a ways to go before the net goal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 84

g.lo

one of the wig I ordered is here and my qhemet products as well :lick:
cowashing today with some ayuverdic teas and will dc friday.
I am officially starting the wig routine on saturday, i really hope my hair can be tucked away for 6 weeks. Hoping to be BSb by december:yep:

NikkiQ

Back in my bun today and boy did I miss it! Gonna rock it for the rest of the week and next week until my hair appointment. I was thinking of having her dye my hair chocolate brown with red streaks. We shall see. I'm pretty excited at the idea of having someone else wash my hair for me lol

jprayze

I've been having so much fun with my hair straight. I don't know what to do next, but I know it will have to washed soon. Maybe I will try the dry shampoo again.

coolsista-paris

im waiting for my order: msm tabs, maxi hair tabs, giovanni leave in (ive never used a leave in before), jbco.
i need to order peppermint oil too.

i ordered for my skin too( msm cream). im looking for more stuff. then need to tone up this belly and its stretchmarks.

il gonna be busy with hair and body!

my hair goal is to grow back my ear length crown, thickén up the entire head and get my edges to fill in where its starting to go....

Guinan

Re-Branding
Morning Ladies!!!

Still rockin my twistouts. I plan on straightening my hair next Thursday. I've been wearing my hair out 6days a week and only PS on Sundays for a month now. Once I straighten, I will be able to tell if there is any significant damage or loss of retention. I'm hoping not, b/c I'm REALLY enjoying my hair. My only problem is I can't keep my hands out of my hair. I havent noticed any unusual breakage.

coolsista-paris

Morning Ladies!!!

Still rockin my twistouts. I plan on straightening my hair next Thursday. I've been wearing my hair out 6days a week and only PS on Sundays for a month now. Once I straighten, I will be able to tell if there is any significant damage or loss of retention. I'm hoping not, b/c I'm REALLY enjoying my hair. My only problem is I can't keep my hands out of my hair. I havent noticed any unusual breakage.

seems your having fun with your hair!

keep those hands out of your hair! lol

SincerelyBeautiful

Hi ladies! Nothing really new to report. Just thought I would check in with a bit of an update. I have been keeping my hair up in a bun for the past two weeks with a Bantu knot out here and there. I have also been cowashing still at least once or twice a week. I always dc consistently with added oils and honey and I moisturize and seal daily. I'm currently 9 weeks post and have been debating on my hard core protective style for the fall. I'm thinking wigs or braids. Wigs seem more time friendly and convenient but I don't wanna walk around with some crazy looking wig that actually looks like a wig lol. Y'all get what I'm saying lol?? Guess I will just have to try different ones until something suits me! Enough rambling for me....carry on :)

coolsista-paris

Hi ladies! Nothing really new to report. Just thought I would check in with a bit of an update. I have been keeping my hair up in a bun for the past two weeks with a Bantu knot out here and there. I have also been cowashing still at least once or twice a week. I always dc consistently with added oils and honey and I moisturize and seal daily. I'm currently 9 weeks post and have been debating on my hard core protective style for the fall. I'm thinking wigs or braids. Wigs seem more time friendly and convenient but I don't wanna walk around with some crazy looking wig that actually looks like a wig lol. Y'all get what I'm saying lol?? Guess I will just have to try different ones until something suits me! Enough rambling for me....carry on :)

i spent over and hour in a store..... for 1 wig! i really dont want it to look like a wig , so i understand what your saying lol

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm still in my twists. Did them larger this time due to lazyness. I think I will start having to moisturize a particular spot on the left side of my crown that doesn't seem like it's retaining or growing as well as the rest of my hair. I will massage this area daily to every other day and make sure moisturizer gets on this particular spot every day. I may try only finger detangling that section as well. We'll see what happens.

GettingKinky

I'm still bunning. I've been doing it almost every day since early August. I'll wear it out for a few days after my touch up then back to buns. They are so easy and now that my hair is long enough I actually really like them. I don't even feel like a librarian.

Attachments

• image-3959794058.jpg
    image-3959794058.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 49

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^^I wish my buns looked like that. Even though I have really thick hair, my buns somehow looks pathetic to me.

Guinan

Re-Branding
:bouncegre:bouncegre2morrows my DC/cowash day:bouncegre:bouncegre

The strange thing is the part that I colored is nice and moisturized but the part that I didnt seems dry. So I might start PS 2xs a week instead of once a week.

My plan for 2morrow is to go to the fruit market to stock up on fruits & veggies, then workout and then DC my hair. For my hair, I plan on prepooing w/ olive oil & then DC with yea to carrots. I think I might do a light dusting. Last week I tried to do the S&D but that was too much for me; my eyes started crossing:spinning:

I noticed that when I eat more green, my hair grows like a vine, so I'm gonna go back to doing that.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Oh I forgot to mention, that I decided to put highlights in the front of my hair. I'm going to wait until maybe like the end of October to do them, since I just used a semi. I plan on using shea moisture color line. The color will be the ruby red. I read & seen really good reviews on it. I don't mind if it doesn't come out too bright. I'm buying the color this weekend, b/c they are selling like hot cakes. When I went to the target near me, there were only 2 boxes left of that color & one of the boxes was already opened.

NikkiQ

Rocked a high bun today at work. Idk if I can wear this very often though. My head is shaped too funny for it :lol: