BSL 2013 Challenge

pookaloo83

Decided to finally go through with starting a beauty journal to keep track of hair practices,eating habits and skin regimen. First entry was my trim and protein treatment yesterday :yep:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Good idea.

Sent From My Pheauxne

Guinan

Re-Branding
Added tea rinse and a new moisturizing leave in, into my regimen. Hair loves it, it looks shiny and healthy.....and not just cause I was putting hair silk on it! haha.

My hair seems to be enjoying the burning I've been doing for the past week....my head on the other hand....gives me headaches if I wear it too long (Might cut the pony down to a more manageable length). It's doing we'll though. Not sure I will make it but here it so setting goals!

What leave in did u use?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm bringing in the New Year with a Henndigo Treatment. I just applied it and will let it sit for 5-6 hours. I'm going to use WEN 613 to rinse it out for the first time and then Steam DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and do a rollerset. It's going to be a loooong day.

What are you ladies doing to kick the new year off right, HAIR EDITION?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

~Current hair length - Collar Bone Length (BSL in a year, I know, I'm reaching)
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - Natural, Recovering from Alopecia
~BSL goal month - December, fingers crossed
~Current Reggie and styling choices -
Wash twice a week w/ Jason Natural Biotin Shampoo / Conditioner , Sealed w/ JBCO Low manipulation, Air dry, worn pinned up or in a loose pony tail.
Styled with L'Oreal EverCreme Conditioner and/or Organics Hair Mayonaise, Wild Growth Hair Oil for shine.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL? Sticking to a night regimen, anything else I'm not sure of yet.. Was taking Biotin, but I physically feel better now that i've stopped.
~Post a beginning picture
Pardon My Quick Bathroom Snap..

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm bringing in the New Year with a Henndigo Treatment. I just applied it and will let it sit for 5-6 hours. I'm going to use WEN 613 to rinse it out for the first time and then Steam DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and do a rollerset. It's going to be a loooong day.

What are you ladies doing to kick the new year off right, HAIR EDITION?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Currently baggying my ends.

simplyconfident

After viewing all the 2012 hair progress pictures I'm realizing I need to get my butt back on these hair boards. I've been a member here since 2008 and I'm yet to reach BSL. This is because I've cut my hair many times in hopes of slowly transitioning and/or just because I wanted change. Well I'm done with all that lol. I was able to achieve APL in 2012 and I know with hard work 2013 will bring BSL. I'll be back to add pictures.

~current length
APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Relaxes
~BSL goal month
December 2013
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Wash once a week
DC once a week
Cowash weekly
M&S at least every other day
Trim three times per year
Flat iron only once a month
PS as much as possible
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
Take my vitamins daily and stick to NO hair cuts only light trims.

image-48884907.jpg

Last edited:

Miss AJ

There wasnt enough alcohol in the WORLD to make me come home and forget to oil my scalp and braid my hair up for the night LOL. After seeing Marta9227's post about her results with her sulfur oil I am DETERMINED to use mine every night, no excuses.

FroFab

~Current hair length
shoulder length
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
natural
~BSL goal month
August
~Current Reggie and styling choices
I wash and cowash with Trader Joes NS, moisturize with NTM, and seal with castor oil. I don't really have a schedule for when I'm doing these things which is why I'm hoping this challenge will keep me accountable.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
stepping up my internal health and I want to dabble in the "wigosphere" as a protective styling method. Currently I wear twisted styles mostly or loose updo natural styles

I'll be back with starting length pics once I take this twist set out.

Edit:eek:k I decided to take down a twist to show my start point. I couldn't get a good stretched back length shot without dropping my tablet but I'm about so-almost apl in the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

There wasnt enough alcohol in the WORLD to make me come home and forget to oil my scalp and braid my hair up for the night LOL. After seeing Marta9227's post about her results with her sulfur oil I am DETERMINED to use mine every night, no excuses.

Where was her post? I haven't seen a huge difference in using sulphur oil. I could be doing something wrong. Would love to see what she did. TIA

JJamiah

I am having a Hair SPa today today. Coloring my hair, Hennaing my hair, going to put a moisturizing DC on leave it for about a few hours and then set with rods :) that will be my style for the week :grin:

TLC1020

Happy New Year Ladies :grin:

Here is my starting picture, just shy of apl but I hope to make bsl in 2013...

Cheers to 2013 :cheers:

Attachments

• 12 31 12L.jpg
    12 31 12L.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 46

Angelicus

Hi. I am not good at taking pictures but here is a starting picture. I need a good 5 inches to reach my goal.

I will try to update every four months with progress.

ForumRunner_20130101_151249.jpg

Sent from my LHCF App.

Evolving78

i might be lazy today. i have not sealed my hair in 4 days. i sprayed my moisturizer on and kept my hair tied up. may use my wen tonight, air dry and bun.

hnntrr

What leave in did u use?

I used baby butter creme. I know it's more for natural curly hair....but I used it to set my Flexi rods since my hair is prone to dryness more when it's curly...., and so when those didn't work out I just left it in and brushed the curls down and waited for it to completely dry before flat ironing it.

planning on using it again when I do my curl formers.

HeChangedMyName

I applied more Wild Growth Oil and JBCO today. Since I am going to be working out, now that the Christmas stuff is cleared out of my livingroom, I'll be back to curly curls this week. I had also forgotten that I plan to add back in my MSM(im gonna need it for these knees once i start working out hard) and maybe my Biotin. I never really took the Biotin regularly soooo.

lovebug10

sitting under the dryer with an ORS replenishing pack in my hair... did a prepoo with heat & coconut oil for 20 min, washed and now this as a DC

I'll be rollersetting later.... this is gonna be a long night =(

s1b000

Happy new year, I'm happy to be part of this challenge. I will attach an updated photo as I just washed, dc'd and blow dried my hair, but will need to do that later due to a server error. For 2013 I am continuing a new regi with Kerastase that I began about 2 months ago, and I will restart my vitamins (Phytospecific) and other supplements that i have been inconsistent with in order to accelerate new growth. I will also explore new protective styles to overcome my current boredom in order to reach BSL by the end of the year.

ImanAdero

NYE my hair was like Janelle Monae's not Jan 2nd I'm protective styling it up! Put in some twists with extensions and I'm really proud of myself. I think I did a good job/good first effort of doing twist extensions.

I'm also realizing JUST how long Waise Length hair really is. That is DEFINITELY how long my hair would get and NO longer! This is a lot of hair on my head!

Attachments

• image-134819813.jpg
    image-134819813.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2233212661.jpg
    image-2233212661.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 46

Phaer

NYE my hair was like Janelle Monae's not Jan 2nd I'm protective styling it up! Put in some twists with extensions and I'm really proud of myself. I think I did a good job/good first effort of doing twist extensions.

I'm also realizing JUST how long Waise Length hair really is. That is DEFINITELY how long my hair would get and NO longer! This is a lot of hair on my head!

Cute style.

coolsista-paris

i really wish i could do what i want with my hair at work....but no! just à.bun allowed. flat hair with à bun.

i love your hair style. you did à goid job. i miss changing styles .im so bored of thé same thing

jprayze

Very nice!

Guinan

Re-Branding

You did a fierce job!!

jprayze

I love repurposing products...the shescentit tahitian vanilla & coconut leave in did not help with detangling my hair at all but it's going to be a yummy braid spray/moisturizer, not too heavy and full of great ingredients like chamomile, water infused with aloe, nettle extract, honey, horsetail, silk amino acids, coconut oil and coconut milk. A spray of this everyday and I'm going to alternate my oils, either my MN mix or the liquid gold sulfur mix. I will wash with my shescentit jojoba hemp shampoo diluted every 2 weeks and cowashes in between with one of my V05 conditioners. The only thing is I am going to miss my hair :-( hopefully I will be consumed with styling up my twists!