BSL 2013 Challenge

Curlywurly10

Did a deep condition this morning and then popped to my bss. I could spend hours in that place! Got a new hair accessory and my very first half wig for a winter PS.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hi beauties!!
I'm sitting here DC while watching real housewives of atlanta. I can't wait for the season premiere 2nite!! I've always luved kenya moore hair so I'm really glad that they added her to the cast. I'm excited 2c her hair styles. "Gone with the wind, fabulous!"

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

NikkiQ

Should be going to the beach today so I'm gonna attempt to rock some sort of bun. IF it comes out cute, I'll post pics but I highly doubt it :lol:

KaramelDiva1978

Good Morning ladies!!!!!! Thank you for the compliments!!!

Okay, so I used this Youtube video and INSTEAD of using the kanekalon hair, I used my trusty sock bun! I always hate the sock bun look on me because it reminded me of being in high school, so I am SO happy to be able to use the same bun for a more adult look. I got compliments on it at the wedding too.

Here goes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHggh7qLAw&feature=g-hist

The "trick" to it is all in the combing it around the bun and pinning it down loosely. When I rock it today, I will add some hair sticks and see if it comes out nicely.

Have a great Sunday, I am feeding Bay Bay's (mine) kids right now. :lachen:

jprayze

KaramelDiva1978 said:

Okay, so I used this Youtube video and INSTEAD of using the kanekalon hair, I used my trusty sock bun! I always hate the sock bun look on me because it reminded me of being in high school, so I am SO happy to be able to use the same bun for a more adult look. I got compliments on it at the wedding too.

Here goes!

The "trick" to it is all in the combing it around the bun and pinning it down loosely. When I rock it today, I will add some hair sticks and see if it comes out nicely.

Thanks for the info...it doesn't even look donut-ish :)

RegaLady

I was about an inch from BSL , but due to some trimming, I will probably reach full BSL(which is my limit) spring 2013. I have about 2 inches to go.

I need to get to stop this heat fix I have been on lately :ohwell:

beautyintheyes

NikkiQ said:
Hair is in 4 big braids just chillin in a satin bonnet while I work on a few hair accessories to sell in my Etsy store. Will probably apply my MN mix and moisturize my hair with some random spray that I have around here.

You sell them?!?!? Do you have a link I'm looking for new looks

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
~Current hair length
Somewhere between apl and bsl

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

~BSL goal month
Dec

~Current Reggie and styling choices
Alternate between low manipulation and keeping hair stretched

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
We'll see

~Post a beginning picture
Haven't taken a progress pic in a while and I'm in mini twists right now. I'll take an update pic when I take these out

RockCreak

I want in!!! I just recently took out my loc's and is so happy that I retained alot of length... I'm not to far from BSL and this is just the type of motivation that I need to get my hair there.

~Current hair length- below APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd-Natural
~BSL goal month-April 2013
~Current Reggie and styling choices-cowash weekly, poo every other week, moisturize, seal, bun of some sort. Finger combing and slicking with a silk scarf only... detangle only when poo'ing and dc
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?-nothing at this point

growbaby

Just DC for 12 hrs :) now I'm going to rinse do a lil protein spritz add more conditioner then air dry in a pony & bun

Evolving78

^^^i'm doing a oil prepoo treatment right now. i am going to cowash and use a protein spritz too. i am going to air dry in a pony and bun later!

growbaby

shortdub78 said:
^^^i'm doing a oil prepoo treatment right now. i am going to cowash and use a protein spritz too. i am going to air dry in a pony and bun later!

If we stay consistent with this we should be BSL in no time! :yep:

ronie

Yesterday:
washed with joico chelating shampoo,
dc with DRC 28
Black tea rinse
DC with joico moisture recovery balm
applied bee mine bee lovely mixed with wheat germ oil
Airdried in 4 braids

This morning moisturized with Qhemet burdock root moisturizer, then cornrowed in a ponytail. Will wig it tonight for work. I need to find a good sealant. I have tried many oils individually or mixed but they all make my hair hard. Daily moisturizing seem to work fine for now, but i am afraid i might need something for the winter. This is my first winter since i started this journey. Maybe i will look into some butters; my hair loves products with shea.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
RockCreak, where have you been girl, I haven't seen you post in a while. Glad to see you back around these parts. BTW you will be BSL in no time at all.

NikkiQ, when you open your store let me know.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I need to be in a length challenge so that I am serious about growth.
Last year (2011) I ended the year at BSL, but then I had to cut my hair to even things out and get rid of awful ends.

2013 BSL would be divine.

~Current hair length
APL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

~BSL goal month
December 2013

~Current Reggie and styling choices
buns, wigs, oiling scalp, steaming

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?
Nothing

I will post pics before the start of this challenge in December.

jprayze

jprayze said:
Random thought: When I go on vacay in September 2013, I want to swing my BSL hair!

The destination is Cabo San Lucas! My friend plans these trips and makes payment plans, so I always know well in advance! Already thinking I'm going to start with nice straight hair and end with buns after I go swimming :)

CoiledByNature

KaramelDiva1978 said:

Here goes!

I will definitely be trying this once my natural hair is long enough to be rapped around such a big bun :)

CoiledByNature

Hey ladies sorry about the delay... Here's how my invisible part sew in came out... I'm satisfied with the job but I won't ever get it again... No matter how good or bad of a job you get .. To me it just doesn't look like your hair is naturally parted :/
Ugh this just means I'm going to have to continue to do leave outs. But how the hell am I supposed to blend my kinky un relaxed natural hair without heat!!