BSL 2013 Challenge

KaramelDiva1978

*Question of the Day!!!* (sorry its not in bold.posting from my phone)

Do you have your staple products yet? If so,what are they? Are you still searching for that holy grail list of products?

Sent from my Android...Boom.

It's so funny that you asked because I was JUST talking about this with a co-worker the other day and realized the only thing I'm lacking is a GOOD daily moisturizer. I like the HaiRepair by ORS and my Wen, they are good, but I'm looking a for a bit more so that my hair feels good from day to day. A moisturizer that I only have to use every other day maybe.

Hey my fellow relaxed/texlaxed ladies, please recommend a good daily moisturizer. I prefer one that I can find in Target, BSS or Walmart, don't want to have to order.

Deep Conditioners: Queen Helene Cholesterol with oils, KC Humecto, Wen 613, CON Argan Oil and Kenra.

Shampoos: CON Argan oil, KC Hydrating poo, ORS Creamy Aloe,

Co-wash conditioners: Tresemme Naturals, WEN (my baby daddy :lol:), Aussie Moist and HE LTR (love, love, love this)

Oils: Grapeseed, Coconut, Vatika

Moisturizers: Wen for now, but still on the hunt for one

Protein: Found my AO GPB under the kitchen counter and I could have kicked myself for forgetting about it!! :lick: Oh its back in the rotation! My Aphogee 2 min is #2 for my protein needs.

shortdub78-- I think your baby shower ideas are awesome and unique and that's what a baby shower should be about---fun for you with family and friends. Don't stress out--delegate, delegate, delegate and be sure your wishes are carried out. Baby #3 will be here before you know it, so enjoy! Oh and I can't wait to see your length check photos.

Cattypus1-- you are WELL on your way to BSL sista! Your progress looks great. When are you relaxing or did you decide to transition? Great growth and health either way.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
BAM!! You go girl with all that hair!! You'll be grazing BSL on our next relaxer in April...but knowing you, you'll stretch longer ;-). Did you have to trim?

I bet no body would even notice "fat" if we didn't bring attention to it. I'm never showing mine, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I didn't trim at all. I don't think I want to try another 6-month stretch though. It did my hair a world of good and helped quite a bit with recovering from my setback but the trade-off was bush-woman...she was not cute either! LOL

You should see me trying to pose myself in thin positions-LOL! I need to get my hands on one of those length-check tees.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

Do you have your staple products yet? If so,what are they? Are you still searching for that holy grail list of products?

I have finally found all my staple products, except shampoo. So far I'm loving WEN 613 cleansing conditioner. All shampoos are pretty much whatever. The categories that have more than one staple, I put them in rotation.

Relaxer:
Nairobi Pamper

Clarifying Shampoo:
Kenra

Leave-In:
Darcy's Botanicals Daily

DC Conditioner:
JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm

Co-Wash Conditioner:
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Moisturizers:
Qhemet Biologics AOHC, CTDG, BRBC

Oils:
EVOO
EVCO
Vatika Oil
Grapeseed
Safflower

Protein Treatments:
Heavy - Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Mild - Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor
Light - AO GPB, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer

Serums:
Paul Mitchell SSS - smoothing
Redkin Smooth Lock Heat Glide - Heat Protector

Kerastase Thermique Ciment Thermique

Treatments:
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment
Roux Porosity Control Conditioner
Jamila Henna / Indigo

Last edited:

yoli184

Updating on my length. Had a relaxer touch up and 1 inch trim :yep:

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!

I'm still searching for the HG shampoo and deep conditioner. Once upon a time I had a HG but then the ingredients change and I haven't found anything that my hair absolutely love since then.:ohwell:

BraunSugar

I have officially retired mini twists. My hair was so tangled when I took it down. :nono: I washed and DC'd my hair. I'm going to wear a wash & go for a few days then it's back to bunning.

Evolving78

Cattypus1 ,KiWiStyle

ok everybody, here is my flat iron pic for the beginning of the year. i had a hard time downloading this to my computer. was having network issues with my phone.

anyway, it took me awhile to flat iron my hair. it took over an hour. i decided not to use use my leave-in spray or my cream. i wanted my hair to be more flowy, and not be weighted down. so after i dc'd i applied CHI silk infusion, air dried, then flat ironed. i crossed wrapped my hair last night. i am still trying to perfect that, so i can have next day hair.

i wished i could have combed it better before i took the shot.

jprayze

Cattypus1 ,KiWiStyle

ok everybody, here is my flat iron pic for the beginning of the year. i had a hard time downloading this to my computer. was having network issues with my phone.

anyway, it took me awhile to flat iron my hair. it took over an hour. i decided not to use use my leave-in spray or my cream. i wanted my hair to be more flowy, and not be weighted down. so after i dc'd i applied CHI silk infusion, air dried, then flat ironed. i crossed wrapped my hair last night. i am still trying to perfect that, so i can have next day hair.

Your hair is growing nicely, even with your frequent trims!!! Good job lady!

jprayze

thank you! i cut, i mean dusted again last night!:lol: i got it bad with the scissors...:nono:

Gurl!!! I'm going to need you to hide them from yourself. Your ends are already perfect. Maybe you will be so busy with the shower planning/new baby you will forget to dust for a while. Lol

jprayze

very pretty! i would like to try that one day. are you going to try this with your twists? how are they holding up?

I was thinking about getting this style after the twists. The salon was advertising it for $30. The twists are holding up well. I just washed and DC'd for the first time yesterday. I miss MY hair.

Sholapie

shortdub78 great job! Your hair look so silky and you have really nice ends
KiWiStyle I like your holy grails. I liked the joico dc, for some reason i felt like i needed to keep looking but I'm gonna stick with what's good. Im also going to try some serums you listed :yep:

Last edited:

SimJam

I only have staple dc's too I'm looking for a

Leave in and moisturizer! I'm trying to research while my hair is in these Havana twists I love the braid spray I'm using by Talijag Waajid so far. On another note anybody who is a ps pro start out having issues staying "protected" initially? I'm fighting the urge to wait until my graduation/bday in may to straighten I know it would just be better to wait and leave my hair alone but I want to check my 2 yr post relaxer progress length pic check lol

What kind of hair did u use to do the havana twists. Cud u post a pic of your hair please.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using LHCF

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 ,KiWiStyle

Pretty. Nice work.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Cattypus1 ,KiWiStyle

shortdub78 your results are great! You didn't suffer a setback at all. Both you and Cattypus1 are leaving me in the dust, I'm bald compare to you guys. I gotta get growing!

NikkiQ

Should we do a QOTD today or let it be a free day without me asking y'all questions?

SimJam

Should we do a QOTD today or let it be a free day without me asking y'all questions?

we can take a break.
I was thinking that even though I/we are enjoying the QODs it may get a bit taxing to come up with a new QOD for the rest of the year!!!!

maybe at least once or twice a week, or as many times as you can manage. Dont want our fearless leader to get burned out :yep:

longhairdreaming

Yes I've found mine. It happened without me even noticing

Shampoo-Kinky Curly Come Clean; PM Shampoo Three(clarify)
Moisturizing Conditioner-AO HSR; Moroccan Oil Intense Moisture Mask
Protein Conditioner-AO GBP; ApHogee 2min
Moisturizer-Aloe Vera Juice
Oil-Coconut, Castor, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Peppermint

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

I think you can ask the QOTD when you damn well please, it's your thread. When a good question comes to mind, put it out there if you have nothing, that's fine too.

SimJam

I think you can ask the QOTD when you damn well please, it's your thread. When a good question comes to mind, put it out there if you have nothing, that's fine too.

I totally agree
.....there I was trying to be all fancy with my response :lachen:

Angel of the North

BAM!! You go girl with all that hair!! You'll be grazing BSL on our next relaxer in April...but knowing you, you'll stretch longer ;-). Did you have to trim?
I bet no body would even notice "fat" if we didn't bring attention to it. I'm never showing mine, lol!

At bolded - Exactly! I was focused on that gorgeous hair Cattypus1 you did a great job and that 6 month stretch really paid off.

ok everybody, here is my flat iron pic for the beginning of the year.....anyway, it took me awhile to flat iron my hair. it took over an hour. i decided not to use use my leave-in spray or my cream. i wanted my hair to be more flowy, and not be weighted down. so after i dc'd i applied CHI silk infusion, air dried, then flat ironed. i crossed wrapped my hair last night. i am still trying to perfect that, so i can have next day hair.

shortdub78 You did an amazing job! Your hair is looking great, the work you've been putting in after your setback has definitely paid off. Does your hair feel like it's back to normal yet, or do you still have a little way to go with that?

Last edited:

Evolving78

You did an amazing job! Your hair is looking great, the work you've been putting in after your setback has definitely paid off. Does your hair feel like it's back to normal yet, or do you still have a little way to go with that?

my hair does feel a lot better. that Roux PC conditioner is really helping as well with the couple of protein treatment i have done this past week. but i will continue on. i don't think i will use the Roux PC weekly. i may use it one more time, and leave it alone until my next relaxer.

i washed and cowashed my hair like every two days this past week. one because i had bits of egg in my hair, and two, i felt my hair really needed it to get the cuticle smooth again.

i won't let Mommy Dearest near my hair again! :lol:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
my hair does feel a lot better. that Roux PC conditioner is really helping as well with the couple of protein treatment i have done this past week. but i will continue on. i don't think i will use the Roux PC weekly. i may use it one more time, and leave it alone until my next relaxer.

i washed and cowashed my hair like every two days this past week. one because i had bits of egg in my hair, and two, i felt my hair really needed it to get the cuticle smooth again.

Mommy Dearest! Glad your hair is doing better. It looks great!

Angel of the North

This is the reason I do not use egg for protein in my hair, I tried it once never again! That egg just cooked itself right up in my hair, it took forever to get all the little pieces out. :lachen: I do wonder what the results would have been like if the water I used to rinse it were cooler but I'm not curious enough to go back there :nono: