BSL 2013 Challenge

Going to try and get my mommy to braid my hair tomorrow. Nothing special just 2 big corn braids going back. Either that or I'm buying a wig to help me out with this last few weeks of my stretch.

I wanted to post my official starting pic. I had been super lazy regarding my hair and last night was the first time I flat-ironed my hair since October. I also have a pic from October for comparison. I think I might be BSB y'all! I wish there was more length in the amount of time that has passed, but I'm still happy. Maybe, maybe I can be full BSL by the summer.:pray:

1/27/2013
length check 1.28.13.jpg

10/2/2012
length check 10.2.12.jpg

I wanted to post my official starting pic. I had been super lazy regarding my hair and last night was the first time I flat-ironed my hair since October. I also have a pic from October for comparison. I think I might be BSB y'all! I wish there was more length in the amount of time that has passed, but I'm still happy. Maybe, maybe I can be full BSL by the summer.:pray:

1/27/2013

10/2/2012

I love your hair!! I'm thinking this is how my hair will be when it grows up :). I agree, you are BSB and should be full BSL in a few months. Are you relaxed?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I put my hair in mini twists between last tuesday night and wednesday morning. These were done on blow dried hair, and are my first set of mini twists. I'm really enjoying these almost one week in. Hoping to keep them for 3-4 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

I love your hair!! I'm thinking this is how my hair will be when it grows up :). I agree, you are BSB and should be full BSL in a few months. Are you relaxed?

wow, thanks. I'm usually drooling over others' hair! In fact, I was drooling over your french braid just the other day, lol.

I am relaxed. I'm 4 months post. Won't be relaxing until 6 months post at end of March. I'm really surprised at how straight and light and airy I got it. It's usually weighed down and I'm never ever to get that salon feel. This time I did minimal product just a bit (nickel-size) of heat protectant in each of 4 quadrants of hair).

Last edited:
So I did a WnG on saturday and wore it Sunday, today I'm rocking it again under my tam with a little cute business in the front poking out.

I want to take my twists out,but for what? I'm not going anywhere. Not trying to be cute for the dogs.

I want to take my twists out,but for what? I'm not going anywhere. Not trying to be cute for the dogs.

Maybe you can be cute for the Gringo, lol! Girl that is my new word, i'm not going to get hurt for using it, am I? Mess around and get stabbed trying to use that term in Chicago, lol!

Last edited:
I bought Tammy!

I'm so exciting to try it on! I think the hair might be too straight, but oh we'll! I'm about to be a whole new woman!

Maybe you can be cute for the Gringo, lol! Girl that is my new word, i'm not going to get hurt for using it, am I? Mess around and get stabbed trying to use that term in Chicago, lol!

:lachen:nah you should be fine using it. Just don't be screaming it at people now.

I can't wait till I can get a new wig and cornrow this hair up! Can't be doing braid-outs everyday :nono:

Been taking my MSM regularly until I can buy another bottle of hair finity. The front of my hair is making so much progress.

I put my hair in mini twists between last tuesday night and wednesday morning. These were done on blow dried hair, and are my first set of mini twists. I'm really enjoying these almost one week in. Hoping to keep them for 3-4 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

Mini twists looks so nice!!!! Beautiful! Great job!!!

Today's My Wash Day :ohwell:

I'm currently prepooing under the dryer with some oils, honey and other goodies from my stash =) I'll stay under here for about an hour, then wash, mix some roux porosity control with my conditioner and leave on for a min or 2, then deep condition for an hour+ with LeKair cholesterol plus and rinse out in the shower.
I was playing around with my curl formers last night and I couldn't get the hang of them, hopefully I'll figure it out today or I won't be using them again...anyway, I'm bored, wash days suck

MicheePrings your twists look so beautiful! How do you wash your hair and keep them from unraveling

kandiekj100 9:heart2: your hair...your definitely a hop, skip and jump away from BSL...:grin: you'll be there very soon! I love the fullness!!!

lamaria211 your baby has gotten so big and looks like an angel in your pic... So cute!!!

GettingKinky if what your doing is working for you then I think your fine...I might try to dc a different way but I wouldn't be to pressed to do it...I know prepooing with heat or overnight makes my new growth baby hair soft and relaxer straight so it's much easier to comb through and ive always deep conditioned either with heat or in the shower because I feel like the heat helps the dc to really penetrate my strands

shortdub78 oOo I understand... Maybe you can try some mini twists like MicheePrings...after seeing hers I'm really considering them for myself

Last edited:
Thinking about going home again for Mardi Gras and I'm actually not tempted to flat iron or buy products. Something must be wrong with me :spinning:

Last edited:

So pretty...are you relaxed? If so, how do you get them to stay?

kandiekj100 Your hair is gorgeous! I think you look like you're BSB, good job.

MicheePrings Your twists are looking hot, you did a really good job, I love them.

KiWiStyle :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I bought Tammy!I'm so exciting to try it on! I think the hair might be too straight, but oh we'll! I'm about to be a whole new woman!

ImanAdero Please post pics

checking in!
becoming overly paranoid about my ends 0_o

I get like that too sometimes. I just washed/DC flat ironed my hair over the weekend and I have NOT M&S and baggied my ends in two nights!!!! I keep thinking at any minute my hair is going to just start breaking off my head!!:spinning:

Back