BSL 2013 Challenge

You think so....thinking.....*sigh*

LOL! I just think if there is a problem, it should be addressed as oppose to leaving it alone in hopes it'll fix itself. On the other hand, once you figure out what is causing the breakage and you fix it, then it's cool to leave it alone to recover. This is just my logic, I could be wrong (shrugs shoulders).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LOL! I just think if there is a problem, it should be addressed as oppose to leaving it alone in hopes it'll fix itself. On the other hand, once you figure out what is causing the breakage and you fix it, then it's cool to leave it alone to recover. This is just my logic, I could be wrong (shrugs shoulders).

Well when I say "leave it alone" I mean so that my manipulation/exposure will be limited. I can still moisturize and treat the scalp area......but I'm not gonna just ignore it.....But I know what you meant.

I can see how that can happen, lol! Do you remove your bun daily??

Yeah I take it out at the end of the day,spray it with a moisturizer and put a satin bonnet on. I leave the ponytail in though. Just let my ends breathe for a bit.

I want some small(not quite mini) two strand twists, but my tips always coil up and it looks like
images

Is there any way to avoid this happening? Mine doesn't stop at the tip. it coils up like 2".

I want some small(not quite mini) two strand twists, but my tips always coil up and it looks like
images

Is there any way to avoid this happening? Mine doesn't stop at the tip. it coils up like 2".

You don't want curled ends?? I would LOVE to have coiled ends. Maybe if you braid further down and use a heavier product on the ends? Idk. I'm at a lost. Can anyone suggest anything??

HeChangedMyName I have no suggestion other than using maybe a styling product with some hold or using the little black rubber bands at the end (which I dont like and may cause problems when you're taking out your twists)

bunny bun bun for today.
I made it by putting my hair up as if I was going to make a high puff, then rolled and pinned my hair under.

bunmonthfeb71_zps5f9f3d7a.jpg

bunmonthfeb7_zpsed55b96e.jpg

You don't want curled ends?? I would LOVE to have coiled ends. Maybe if you braid further down and use a heavier product on the ends? Idk. I'm at a lost. Can anyone suggest anything??

I don't dislike the coils, but they cause the twists to unravel and that's the part I don't like. I hate the thought of spending hours twisting my hair up only for it to unravel in one day.

So I know this thread has been going on for awhile but since I'm new I'm looking to enter a challenge!!!!:grin::grin: Since I recently reached SL and had to cut back and regrow to SL I think it's time I set my goals for BSL. Hopefully I can complete this part of my journey without any setbacks. My hair is already longer than it's ever been so i'm excited to keep going!

~Current hair length: SL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural

~BSL goal month: I'm giving myself until the end of the year, if I can do it sooner awesome but this is the first time I've tried to track my growth so I'm not sure how long it will take.

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Currently on a personal PS challenge as well, so I wear a style like braids, or twists for about 1 1/2 - 2 months and wash my hair every 2 weeks using Kimmaytube's Hair care line. Pre-poo/hot oil treatment with either olive, avocado or jojoba oil, shampoo, DC and apply leave in then either reinstall twists or whatever other PS I find I like. I'm hoping my hair will be long enough to bun soon so I can also start bunning as an easy PS

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL? I've never committed to PS'ing for a whole year and I'm not too good on patience so this should be interesting :lachen: I am also going to introduce protein sessions into my washes every 2 weeks.

~My initial pic is pretty crappy since I'm starting this challenge already in havana twists, so I had to take one down and have my baby sis hold it and take the pic, but I plan to take my hair down this wkend to wash and do a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min reconstructor so I'll update with a better photo then :yep:

So I also had a question for the ladies, do you count your hair at a certain length when ALL your hair has reached that point or just the back?? My front is CL but that's because I had a lot more color to cut out of it in December but in general the rest of my hair is SL. I guess I always wondered how people classified their hair's length.

**Oh and I apologize for A) this super long post and B) for the sideways photo, I have no clue how to change that :nono:

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 28
So I know this thread has been going on for awhile but since I'm new I'm looking to enter a challenge!!!!:grin::grin: Since I recently reached SL and had to cut back and regrow to SL I think it's time I set my goals for BSL. Hopefully I can complete this part of my journey without any setbacks. My hair is already longer than it's ever been so i'm excited to keep going!

~BSL goal month: I'm giving myself until the end of the year, if I can do it sooner awesome but this is the first time I've tried to track my growth so I'm not sure how long it will take.

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Currently on a personal PS challenge as well, so I wear a style like braids, or twists for about 1 1/2 - 2 months and wash my hair every 2 weeks using Kimmaytube's Hair care line. Pre-poo/hot oil treatment with either olive, avocado or jojoba oil, shampoo, DC and apply leave in then either reinstall twists or whatever other PS I find I like. I'm hoping my hair will be long enough to bun soon so I can also start bunning as an easy PS

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL? I've never committed to PS'ing for a whole year and I'm not too good on patience so this should be interesting :lachen: I am also going to introduce protein sessions into my washes every 2 weeks.

~My initial pic is pretty crappy since I'm starting this challenge already in havana twists, so I had to take one down and have my baby sis hold it and take the pic, but I plan to take my hair down this wkend to wash and do a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min reconstructor so I'll update with a better photo then :yep:

So I also had a question for the ladies, do you count your hair at a certain length when ALL your hair has reached that point or just the back?? My front is CL but that's because I had a lot more color to cut out of it in December but in general the rest of my hair is SL. I guess I always wondered how people classified their hair's length.

**Oh and I apologize for A) this super long post and B) for the sideways photo, I have no clue how to change that :nono:

Welcomeee :)

Welcome, join in the fun! You may also want to join the APL 2013 challenge as well. Shorter term goals can help you to stay encouraged. You could be at APL by this summer. I was in the APL and BSL Challenges last year. I didn't quite make it to BSL last year, but I did conquer APL. This year it's BSL and MBL for me!

Typically we measure from the back. Some people wait until all their hair is the same length. I happen to like face framing bangs. However, my bangs are getting longgggggggggggg now and Im not cutting them anymore. Now it's like what bangs?

Anyway, welcome and enjoy the fun in our wonderful challenge.:spinning:

jprayze yea I def joined the APL challenge as well, I'm pretty short (5'4") and I'm hoping all this no-manipulation will push me through APL and onto BSL by the end of the year. And thanks for answering my question!

I started untwisting tonight, just a little because I have to work tomorrow. I was still able to gather my hair so no one can see the missing pieces. As soon as I get off, the rest of the night will be dedicated to removing the rest! I'm glad that I did get a start! For anyone who has braids/twists with synthetic hair in right now, please don't forget to moisturize often! I forgot how drying synthetic hair can be to real hair. I moisturized everyday, but still my hair seems very thirsty! I may grab a new DC for this weekend...any really moisturizing recommendations that I can get easily (like Sally's, Walmart or BSS)?

I started untwisting tonight, just a little because I have to work tomorrow. I was still able to gather my hair so no one can see the missing pieces. As soon as I get off, the rest of the night will be dedicated to removing the rest! I'm glad that I did get a start! For anyone who has braids/twists with synthetic hair in right now, please don't forget to moisturize often! I forgot how drying synthetic hair can be to real hair. I moisturized everyday, but still my hair seems very thirsty! I may grab a new DC for this weekend...any really moisturizing recommendations that I can get easily (like Sally's, Walmart or BSS)?

Nubian Heritage has been a staple for me for a while now. It's really creamy and very moisturizing. I'd say give it a try if you've never used it. I usually mix it with coconut oil, honey and a few drops of tea tree oil and peppermint oil.

jprayze yea I def joined the APL challenge as well, I'm pretty short (5'4") and I'm hoping all this no-manipulation will push me through APL and onto BSL by the end of the year. And thanks for answering my question!

Welcome to the challenge :). I'm 5'4" as well and SL in the back. I'm hoping to get to APL by June and BSL by year end. Oh I'm in both challenges so I'll see you in APL, :).

My new set of twists:

twists-2-5-13.jpg

They are a little bigger than the last set. I've been working out a lot and tired of dealing with my hair. I have to wash it a few times a week, and I don't feel like detangling and doing the extra stuff, so I put these twists in. I'm just over my hair right now. **sigh**

@BruanSugar those twists are so pretty!
Checking in-DCing under the dryer(haven't done this is a while) while catching up on Scandal. I'm going to attempt crochet braids yet again. So determined to conquer this style :fistshake:

Hay ladies in the path of the snow storm. Keep safe and warm!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using LHCF

BraunSugar can I just pay you to twist my hair for me?? Yours always come out looking so great! There's no way on God's green Earth that mine would ever come out like that :lol:

Right now I have the biggest,craziest poofy ponytail going on right now lol. I'll be bunning in a hot minute.

I dont usually have problems with shedding and what not but after the onion garlic juice overnight last night...wash and detangling this morning this is all that came out....yes shocked and surprised because I usually have more than this after detangling

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130208_110310.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130208_110310.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 45
Any hair plans this weekend ladies??

No hair plans for me this week other than my usual weekly prepoo, shampoo and DC.
This weekend is dedicated to DD.
This is her week for shampoo, DC and re-twist.

I'm also helping her practice for her audition next week; she's auditioning for her school's jr. rock band's lead singer. It was short notice, just got the memo on Tuesday and auditions are Wednesday coming up. I've hired two trained vocalist, one for hire and the other is a friend. I'm pissed because she has had to devote her entire evenings to ISAT prep; the math teacher has introduced new material everyday this week, UGH! To top that, she slipped and fell on her face yesterday morning while playing with our dog. She literally fell on her mouth...two of the braces brackets got stuck to the skin inside her mouth and she has a fat lip. Talk about bad timing. I've been trying natural remedies to take the swelling down so she can sing properly but I've had no luck. Hopefully it'll go down by tomorrow when the vocalist comes by.

I dont usually have problems with shedding and what not but after the onion garlic juice overnight last night...wash and detangling this morning this is all that came out....yes shocked and surprised because I usually have more than this after detangling

That's awesome! I'll have to try this on my dd. was it a prepoo? How exactly do you mix it?

No hair plans for me this week other than my usual weekly prepoo, shampoo and DC.
This weekend is dedicated to DD.
This is her week for shampoo, DC and re-twist.

I'm also helping her practice for her audition next week; she's auditioning for her school's jr. rock band's lead singer. It was short notice, just got the memo on Tuesday and auditions are Wednesday coming up. I've hired two trained vocalist, one for hire and the other is a friend. I'm pissed because she has had to devote her entire evenings to ISAT prep; the math teacher has introduced new material everyday this week, UGH! To top that, she slipped and fell on her face yesterday morning while playing with our dog. She literally fell on her mouth...two of the braces brackets got stuck to the skin inside her mouth and she has a fat lip. Talk about bad timing. I've been trying natural remedies to take the swelling down so she can sing properly but I've had no luck. Hopefully it'll go down by tomorrow when the vocalist comes by.

ETA: to top all that off, I missed Scandal because I had to help DD prepare for a science quiz today. TGIF!!!

Back