Bsl/mbl 2018 Challenge!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I prepood my hair with Chroma Riche and Brahmi oil. Then I washed with Dove Dermacare shampoo. I used the Frizz Ease conditioner on my ends. Then I blowdried and put in some jumbo braids.

I got a new wig. It's synthetic, so not sure how long it'll last. I do plan on buying a lace lob though.

Caramel74

Ion think I could get more desperate for a set of rollers. Took an evening bath and idk what to do with my kinky wet hair... This is coming down bc I think I will cry in the morning....

Attachments

• 20180330_005546.jpg
    20180330_005546.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 96

LushLox

I've really slacked on my supplements intake lately, I'm back on it now with a vengeance.

eta: I also bought a new blender as my old one died ages ago and didn't replace it. I'll be having a lot of green smoothies for iron and lots of other benefits.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I've mastered my wash and go:
  • CurlyProverbz Hair Tea (with aloe Very powder) under shingled Bronner Brothers gel is awesome for my wngs.
  • Learning to plop overnight in a microfiber towel (following Mahogany Curls's method) is changing my whole hair life.
So now I'm super ready to grow!

Toward that end, for Q2 2018, Lord willing I will:
  1. Continue eating keto and paleo meals
  2. Up my water intake
  3. Continue with my iron pills
  4. Continue with my collagen and hyaluronic acid powder in Keto Bullet Proof Green Tea or in grape juice
  5. Get fitter, then sign up with the personal trainer I found
  6. Continue trialing dubaidee4c's max hydration method (it's super streamlined), and
  7. Incorporate fermented rice water into my regimen (for growth and protein)
Those are the current foci!

Last edited:

Alma Petra

I've mastered my wash and go:
  • CurlyProverbz Hair Tea (with aloe Very powder) under shingled Bronner Brothers gel is awesome for my wngs.
  • Learning to plop overnight in a microfiber towel (following Mahogany Curls's method) is changing my whole hair life.
So now I'm super ready to grow!

Toward that end, for Q2 2018, Lord willing I will:
  1. Continue eating keto and paleo meals
  2. Up my water intake
  3. Continue with my iron pills
  4. Continue with my collagen and hyalurinic acid powder in grape juice
  5. Get fitter, then sign up with the personal trainer I found
  6. Continue trialing dubaidee4c's max hydration method (it's super streamlined), and
  7. Incorporate fermented rice water into my regimen (for growth and protein)
Those are the current foci!

OMG this is huge! Congratulations!:pepper:
And

:needpics:

GGsKin

I haven't done an official length check this year even though I joined this challenge. I've always been ambivalent when it comes to length checks and at the end of last year, I was a little disheartened after my hair growth appeared stagnant, and cutting away my progress, so I wanted to pay it no mind for a little while.

On Saturday, a friend pulled my hair at the back (the longest length near my nape) and confirmed that it's about an inch away from touching my bra strap. In my mind this means that the longest length must be BSB! I didn't take pics but I am excited about my progress and growth possibilities for the rest of the year.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I haven't done an official length check this year even though I joined this challenge. I've always been ambivalent when it comes to length checks and at the end of last year, I was a little disheartened after my hair growth appeared stagnant, and cutting away my progress, so I wanted to pay it no mind for a little while.

On Saturday, a friend pulled my hair at the back (the longest length near my nape) and confirmed that it's about an inch away from touching my bra strap. In my mind this means that the longest length must be BSB! I didn't take pics but I am excited about my progress and growth possibilities for the rest of the year.

Yes! That is good to hear! :smile:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Got a wash, steam treatment and blow out this past weekend. currently wearing my hair in french braids. I might go back to doing my own hair because trying to go every two weeks is adding up.

i also oiled my scalp with the curly proverbs oil..but once I run out I'm not making more because I can't deal with the smell. I need a growth oil that smells nice

GGsKin

After last week's activities of shampoo, protein, only a so-so DC, and clay on Saturday, my hair was feeling a little dry. I moisturised it last night by dampening with water, smoothing in some APB Creamy Hair Pudding and Shea mix. I usually don't like so much product but my parched hair's thirst was quenched and today my hair feels lubricated but not greasy. I baggied my ends before tying up for bed and will baggy again tonight.

ETA: I've taken my hair down and it does feel kinda greasy, well it leaves my fingers greasy...but I'm ok with it for now.

Last edited:

LushLox

I did an all day pre-poo today while I was at work. I got away with it, it wasn't horribly oily or greasy or anything. It just saves time having to do it when I get home. I'm DC'ing now.

I've got to get back on a consistent mid week DC because my results were so much better when I did.