Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I

Candy828

As you all may well know, things are a little tense here in South Korea. I don't know what is going to happen in the coming days, weeks or months. I will keep you guys informed as long as I can. I think it would be best if one of you would volunteer to start the next thread on December 15th. Because I don't know what the situation will be for me in this country.... maybe I will be in transit trying to get back to America. I just don't know right now. If things escalate, I may not have access to the internet.... So if someone is willing to step up and take over the next thread, I would appreciate it.

Keep me in your prayers!

Spring

As you all may well know, things are a little tense here in South Korea. I don't know what is going to happen in the coming days, weeks or months. I will keep you guys informed as long as I can. I think it would be best if one of you would volunteer to start the next thread on December 15th. Because I don't know what the situation will be for me in this country.... maybe I will be in transit trying to get back to America. I just don't know right now. If things escalate, I may not have access to the internet.... So if someone is willing to step up and take over the next thread, I would appreciate it.

Keep me in your prayers!

I'll be praying for your safety and that things settle down in that region ..

Lucia

Candy stay safe were praying for u and if you have to leave leave asap don't wait for things to get really bad and God forbid u get stuck.
Anyone of us will pick up the slack for posting on the challenge.

Last edited:

Lucia

Ok ladies got to pick up for Candy (hope she's safe)

What are you going to do in 2011 to reach or get closer to your CL length goals?(please include regimen changes, trim schedules styles)

Will you keep CL once you reach it or cut back to a shorter length? (after plenty of "whip your hair" update pics of course) :rocker:

Will you be satisfied with CL hair or will hair anorexia get you again?

How will you wear you hair once you reach that BIG goal?

Last edited:

Lita

What are you going to do in 2011 to reach or get closer to your CL length goals?(please include regimen changes, trim schedules styles)

Will you keep CL once you reach it or cut back to a shorter length? (after plenty of "whip your hair" update pics of course) :rocker:

2011 do more s&d..Stick with 2 conditioners that really work,try different protective styles, stick with only moisturizing shampoo's & keep my scalp moisturize (sprays & oils)..

If I ever get to CL & only If..I'll take note at the health & look of my hair..Go from there (may-be cut to one length or keep going)

Big Goal...Don't know yet...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Lucia

I'm going to do the same things that worked for me in the past, keep my regimen the same and PS. I will continue trims according to the moon cycles, my trim schedule will be 2x/year now, I won't cut as much as I did this past year I'll just S&D the splits if needed.

I added up all the trims and mini-cuts I did this year and it was around 5 inches exactly the amount that would have put me grazing HL right now oh the frustration. :fistshake:

I think I'll keep CL for a while to see if I like it and maintain if not I'll trim back to TL but I will definitely keep it super-long. Of course I whip my hair back and forth :rocker: :lol: and have plenty of update pics for sure.

I think I'll be so ecstatic that I reached CL it will cure my hair-anorexia actually HL/TL will cure that for me.

Once I reach CL I'll wear it down and out more often b/c I'll be in maintenance mode. Since everything after CL is extra length I'll be keeping it where it is with trims and go for that thick bluntish hemline. :yep:

BTW wouldn't it be great to goto the salon with Mr T
YouTube - New NetSpend and MasterCard ad featuring Mr. T
@ 0:08 check out the side eye while the stylist is cutting, priceless. :lachen:

Last edited:

Toy

What are you going to do in 2011 to reach or get closer to your CL length goals?(please include regimen changes, trim schedules styles) :

No changes to regime i will continue my usual routine

If i reach Classic Length i will cut it hip length and maintain it there.

I will be satisfied then i will cut it.

How will you wear you hair once you reach that BIG goal?[/QUOTE]

Every now and then i will wear it down most of the time will be ps.

Mz.MoMo5235

my reggie will be the same. although i have made some slight changes in my reggie over the yr.

here's my current reggie

poo and cond 1x per wk or when needed.
do water rinses when needed
towel dry
spray moisture spritz (same recipe)
then i add oil (i've skipped the leave in cond)
air dry or blow dry

on 2nd and 3rd day hair i may slap some HE HH on my edges and ends if needed

i will also trim 1-2x per yr and s&d every 3-6months (self trims)

once i reach cl i will cut back... i'm still unsure though if i will cut back to tlb, hl, or what but i'm thinking some where between wl and hl but i'm still not sure.

i cant imagine wanting hair much longer than cl but i've always had hair anorexia so i cant say. i think my biggest problem is how my hair appears from the front. for example, for those who know of domin, her hair is super long and thick and even from the front (like when she pulls her hair over her shoulders to the front) it still looks super long. but when i pull my hair over i like lose 6 inches!!! lmao i dont know if its because i have big boobs or what!!!!

i will wear my hair the same way i do now. i wear my hair in buns most times and wng others and will wear my hair straight every once in a blue moon :D

Lita

My .....don't know if I'll ever reach..That..Lol goal is CL in its natural state...

Happy Hair Grow!

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

MO CUT HER HAIR!!!!

lmao just playing, i just did a little trim... in fact i think the trim was TOO little.. i dont quite notice a difference and i'll probably need to cut more but i think i'll take it slow since i'm doing it my self. i refuse to let other people come near me with scissors lol (yall know what happened last time!)

this was blow dried (excuse the fuzziness but my camera was focusing on my hair instead of the mirror)

flat ironed

how much i wanted to trim

how much i actually trimmed

and what it looks like now!!!

lol and I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT LENGTH I AM YET i'll just keep growing til i hit my crackin lol

Lucia

MO CUT HER HAIR!!!!

lmao just playing, i just did a little trim... in fact i think the trim was TOO little.. i dont quite notice a difference and i'll probably need to cut more but i think i'll take it slow since i'm doing it my self. i refuse to let other people come near me with scissors lol (yall know what happened last time!)

this was blow dried (excuse the fuzziness but my camera was focusing on my hair instead of the mirror)

flat ironed

how much i wanted to trim

how much i actually trimmed

and what it looks like now!!!

lol and I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT LENGTH I AM YET i'll just keep growing til i hit my crackin lol

Amen, DIY trims, don't let anyone near your hair with scissors esp. not that silent hater (Kat Williams joke)
Looks like your hair is just HL after the trim and you've grown back everything since your frenemy got a hold of your hair. Your ends looked Ok to me I think you could have cut less maybe 1 inch max would have been enough., but then those were prob your lead hairs. Looks thick and healthy WTG. I think you can def make TL (CKL :lol:) this year maybe even CL. We have 13 months until next year is done so even if you were an average grower/retainer which you're obviously not, 1/2 inch/month x 13 months=6.5 inches with no trims oh no am I doing hair math. :look:

I'm on this no cutting kick now that I've consistently trimmed and trimmed and trimmed all this year I found that some of it was unnecessary.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

LMFAO I DO HAIR MATH TOO!!!!!

that's too funny!

well i do feel better that i cut something and that i didnt go crazy with the scissors. i got some nice barber shears so since i spent so much on them i'll be sure to
a) use them and not go to anyone else for a trim lol and
b) not use them to cut other things aside from hair

i think that used to be my biggest issue with having others cut me is cause my scissors were always super dull. not no more!!! mo is for sure a DIY cutter for now on. i'm please enough with the trim lol

Lita

Nice trim Ms.MoMo! How are the rest of you ladies doing with less than 4 weeks left?

My hair has been in braids for 2 weeks straight..(Must change the pipe in my basement..I take long baths but,my hair takes longer)..other wise going ok! My hair looks the same to me..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lucia

Nice trim Ms.MoMo! How are the rest of you ladies doing with less than 4 weeks left?

I CW scalp massaged and oiled with EVCO on damp hair, then followed w conditioner then sealed with shea butter (it's 50/50 east/west shea butter mix) from slice of nature. It's up in 2 braids covered with scarf @ night and I bun/PS my hair all day everyday.

Candy828

Hello All - I am still in Korea.... not completely out of the clear as you all may know. Thank all of you for your prayers. Continue to pray for me. I keep in contact with the U.S. Embassy so I can determine when or if it's time to go. For now it is business as usual.

As for my hair, I had reached maybe a half inch or closer to CL but had to cut back to mid-butt. It was like Cinnamonhair beginnings. The strands were so thin and maybe one or two strands touched the top of CL. But I definitely could not have claimed that.:nono: The majority of hair is growing slower so I must maintain at mid-butt to allow more hair to catchup. Then I can have a better looking CL. At least I know CL is attainable...:grin: Three more weeks to pics...:click:

Mz. MoMo your hair has been through some trials this year. But in-spite of all the set backs, your hair has grown amazingly fast and it looks beautiful.

Everyone is doing an outstanding job with their hair!:yep: We will have a bunch of CL's in no-time.....:spinning:

Lucia - Thanks for picking up the slack!:yep:

Spring

Candy, thanks for the update! I was thinking about you earlier today.... hopefully things will cool off. Glad to hear you're doing ok.