Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

davisbr88

Today's weigh-in: Still 157!

I took this weekend off from eating mostly raw and hoped that eating intuitively would help me maintain my weight loss from the week just in case I travel someplace and can't bring my blender/get a hold of high quality produce. I didn't eat the best, but I'm happy to know that eating whatever I want when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full does help me maintain. I think I will try it again in two weeks when I head out of town for a get-together with friends. It was a nice little break.

I am battling a minor sinus infection, so my hunger isn't very strong, but I am going to get in a training session and see if that will change things.

OH! And I forgot to post in here that I hit WL! So I think I will meet my goal of WhL by the end of the year. My hair is still straight, but I plan to put in some cornrows this weekend to wear under a head wrap. I'm adopting the late Longhairdontcare2011's regimen.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
OK ladies - thanks to @davisbr88 I've been feeling guilty about this extra weight I've put on. I'm not going to join the challenge, since it's so late in the year. But I will be an unofficial challenger. My middle front is beginning to point in one direction and my rear end is beginning to point in the other! Have to get busy - so I plan to go to the fitness center every day and start walking again. I may even get on that mean ol' elliptical machine that keeps giving me dirty looks. <lol>

davisbr88

@HairPleezeGrow so happy to have you back!
@ilong welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

I ate horribly this weekend and I am too ashamed to even check my weight. I am just going to wait until my next weigh-in on Saturday and hope by some miracle of the universe that I will still hit 153. One pro to the long weekend though was that I got back into daily yoga and meditation, and I need to keep that up.

FollicleFanatic

Hi ladies! I've been mia for a while but I need to get back on track hair and weight wise.

Turns out I was heavier than I thought at 180lbs :cry3:
I was a part of a biggest loser challenge at work and my team won and I lost 12lbs. I used my winnings to buy a Fitbit(I need friends!) which has helped me maintain but I needed to get this weight off before the year ends. Help me help me please lol.

Hair is OK, gave myself a good 1-2 inch trim about a month ago. I think the best plan of action for me to meet my hair goals is to protective style all year long with breaks to trim, DC etc.

ilong

God's Own
@davisbr88 - thank you!! 153 pounds? If that was all I weighed I would be ... well I won't say :rolleyes:- but I wouldn't be in this challenge for sure. But since I am you know I am well above 153. Wish me luck

You can do it - I tried to behave myself this weekend and did pretty good. Today wasn't too bad except I did have some potatoes! :bricks:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been using my new Thigh master to tone my inner thighs. I use it to work my arms and chest as well.

My new fit watch should be here any day now. I'm ready to start tracking my steps again

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Oh lawd my new watch is from China. The instructions are in Chinese. I'm so lost. I got the pedometer working, but the time is off by an hour.

Plus it needs to be charged with a usb. So far I'm not impressed with it :(

ilong

God's Own
@davisbr88 - Thanks! I haven't had an appetite for the last 2 days - not since I ate those potatoes! Other than my protein shake this morning - the only thing I've eaten today is 2 chicken wings. Please don't ask me if it was fried.:hide:

@Prettymetty - oh-oh! Good Luck!

davisbr88

Today's weigh-in: 158 :cry3:

I need tips on how to eat well during vacations! Because I ate absolutely crazy over labor day and that horrible eating lasted pretty much all this week until I decided yesterday that enough was enough. And the cravings were HORRIBLE yesterday. And I just woke up wanting fries. Smh. How do you ladies handle it? I mean, I took groceries and my blender with me on vacation but once I got around all my friends, I suddenly got super lazy and didn't feel like making smoothies when I could eat (literally) pounds of fried potatoes easily.

PinkDiamond

Today's weigh-in: 158 :cry3:

I need tips on how to eat well during vacations! Because I ate absolutely crazy over labor day and that horrible eating lasted pretty much all this week until I decided yesterday that enough was enough. And the cravings were HORRIBLE yesterday. And I just woke up wanting fries. Smh. How do you ladies handle it? I mean, I took groceries and my blender with me on vacation but once I got around all my friends, I suddenly got super lazy and didn't feel like making smoothies when I could eat (literally) pounds of fried potatoes easily.

Sorry for the long post....
I just returned home from two different vacations over the past 2 and 1/2 weeks, the first week I did not gain any weight because I ate at restaurants like chipotle and hot food from whole foods store every chance I had but when hanging with friends and family I indulged but made sure to eat the cleanest cheat foods possible and I also remembered my goals. I did the same thing for this last trip but I indulged a bit more since I did not gain any weight the first week. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I gained any weight from this last trip tomorrow. But basically I just focus on eating whole foods if I eat french fries they have to be from fresh cut potatoes and fast food has to be from fresh real/whole foods. I did have Waffle House too but used pure maple syrup :eat::giggle:. I hope this helps some.

FollicleFanatic

Weighed myself Thursday and I'm 172.4 :( I have to put in major work to drop this weight before the year end. This will be sooo hard with the upcoming cold weather comfort food and holiday treats... Jesus be a treadmill and carrot

Leo24Rule

In June weighed in at 208 at the doctors, in July weighed in at 197 at the doctors, and in August weighed in at 193 at the doctors. I'm losing weight without trying (Not trying to brag or anything). Working 2 jobs and these fibroids really have me fatigued and not really wanting to eat.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Dh and I just started a fitness challenge. I have to lose 20lbs and he has to lose 15lbs. Each week we put $10 in the pot and the person that hits their goal first gets all the money. This might take months. That's going to be a nice come up lol

FollicleFanatic

@davisbr88 chili sounds so yummy and I have a ton of beans in the cabinet lol. Have my gym clothes laid out so I can get down to business tomorrow.
Going out of town this wknd so I want my hair laid lol. I'll pre-poo tonight, DC tomorrow and make sure it's detangled before Thurs.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My weight has crept up too much. I have to do something different. Eating whatever, whenever is clearly not for me.

Oan my SmartHealth band came in yesterday so at least I can start getting my 10000 steps daily

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
@Prettymetty I wish that worked for me too :(. I am back to intermittent fasting. It's the only thing besides LC that has worked long term so I restarted. I ate in an 8-hour window today. So far so good.
@HairPleezeGrow Go, girl! You are always in here showing out!!!!
Thank you, I feel like I've lost so much time over the last four months because of my leg but I'm doing good so I'm taking advantage of it. Still a ways to go but I will get there at my own pace.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm headed to the gym after I take the kids to school. I need to release some tension and get back in the habit of working out.

Eta I did a 30 minute interval workout on the treadmill. I am not in shape like I used to be. I felt nauseous...

Tomorrow I want to do my intense bike intervals

Last edited: