Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

davisbr88

@Prettymetty WOW! 2800 calories is unreal!!!! I really just need to exercise. I can't seem to get a handle on my eating lately and I don't know why. I'm sure you've answered this before, but how do you maintain your straight hair and do a 2800-calorie workout????

faithVA

OK I'm officially back and I'm going to stay until the end of the year no matter what.

I got a fitbit this weekend and its helping. Weighed in today at 152.8. Between walking and cycling I should be able to increase my activity levels.

My hair is hanging in there. Just need to keep her moisturized.

I hope to end the year at SL and 143 lbs.

GettingKinky

OK I'm officially back and I'm going to stay until the end of the year no matter what.

I got a fitbit this weekend and its helping. Weighed in today at 152.8. Between walking and cycling I should be able to increase my activity levels.

My hair is hanging in there. Just need to keep her moisturized.

I hope to end the year at SL and 143 lbs.

Where are you going after this year is over?

faithVA

I was doing well until I binged on tortilla chips last night. The scale shot up a whole pound. Hopefully that's just water weight and after cycling tomorrow I will be back down.

I've been hitting my 10000 step mark with my fitbit and I'm feeling it. I was wore out yesterday and in the bed sleep by 930. I hope I see some results. I will gradually increase my steps every 2 weeks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got just over 10000 steps yesterday. I was off from work and I did most of my cleaning and laundry Wednesday. I did overeat a bit. I had buttery kettle corn and caramel gelato during family movie night. I'm still down 2lbs since Monday. I weighed in at 155 today. My first mini goal is to get back to the 140s before Halloween. End of year goal is to be 140 0r less.

davisbr88

I'm out of town again this weekend in Atlanta (so no weigh-in), but I think I did much better this weekend than on Labor Day. I don't think I really overate at all, and I made decent choices. However, seeing the pics that have been taken of me this weekend are making me so uncomfortable. I need to get this weight off for good. I am tired of hating my pictures!

davisbr88

I had two protein meal replacement shakes, a bowl of Thai coconut soup, and a bean and rice burrito with a glass of wine for dinner. The only vegetables I had were in the soup and a tiny bit in the burrito, so I need to make sure I am better about that tomorrow. I am going to begin monitoring my carb intake from now on just to make sure I don't go over 150 (ideally 100). Today's was 87.

Last edited:

davisbr88

Happy Friday!
Been staying under 100 carbs and getting more protein through the shakes, so I'm down to 157.4 today. I started off this week at 164.2.
I started a plank and reverse plank challenge on Monday, too, and I'm loving it!
Still have no idea what I'm doing with my head. My straight hair didn't last 2 weeks because I really needed to wash my hair after a week - my scalp was so itchy! I definitely can't straighten once a week, though, so I'm not sure how to make that work. I started trying out the max hydration method to see if I could possibly wear my natural hair since I've heard it cuts down on tangles and SSKs.We'll see how that goes.
How is it going, everyone?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been bad for a few days. Yesterday I baked cookies and then I had a late night snack session with dh (popcorn, icecream and chocolate).

On the plus side I have been burning over 2000 calories a day. I usually walk at least 4 miles daily.

Today I took my boys for donuts before school. I had an apple fritter and a coffee. Not the worst breakfast, but I need to seriously cut down on sugar.

Very inspirational posts, ladies!

I'm in.

Hair Goals
Current Length: Many different lengths, but on average I'd say chin length.
2015 Goal Length: Shortest lengths at the bottom of the neck
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 4a/4b . . .. high porosity . . . fine . . . dense
How you will achieve goal: (1) crochet braid protective styling for 8 weeks, followed by 2 weeks off where I wear twist-outs, followed by 8 weeks wearing crochet braids, and so on; (2) determine a regimen that works for me (will start this endeavor off trying the Naturalicious line and regimen to see if that works better for me that what I'm currently doing)

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 137
Goal Weight: 120
Current Dress Size: 8
Goal Size: 6
How you will achieve goal: Do a 10-day Green Smoothie Detox followed by 6-week The Abs Diet and exercise program

davisbr88

@Prettymetty have you tried some low carb desserts? I used to make a lot of desserts like cheesecake pudding, cheesecake muffins, etc using cream cheese and Torani/Da Vinci sugar free syrup (and eggs for the muffins). It was perfect because I could make all different flavors - chocolate mint, raspberry, caramel, etc, based upon which syrup I used. I could eat lots of them to satisfy my sweet tooth when it hit really bad and I still lost. But you can make the muffins ahead of time and have them with your coffee in the mornings. I would eat those and bacon almost every morning and still managed to lose around 40 pounds in 4.5 months or so.

@mysblossom welcome!

davisbr88

How's everyone doing????
I haven't weighed since Tuesday when I was 155. I hope I see the 154s on Friday.
I've reincorporated intermittent fasting because counting carbs and calories was just getting annoying. I hate counting things. So far so good on that front. I calculated what I ate yesterday during my window just to see what I got and the carbs were around 63 g, so I am good with that. I am just making the lowest carb choices I can so I won't have to worry about being such a neurotic planner.

Last edited:

faithVA

I'm still hanging in there. I'm gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. Im down today and hope to keep going in that direction. I'm bringing my lunch more and removed all the snacks from my house. Not getting all my steps in but getting close.

Nothing going on with my hair. It's in my usual flat twist style. I want to try 2 strands this weekend. But flat twist are so quick and easy and they hold up better than my 2 strands. We shall see.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I rinsed my hair blue last week and got it blown out this week. I trimmed my ends also on a thickening day.

I refuse to weigh in until after my tom. I'm headed to Victoria's Secret to get some new bras. I tried to go the cheap route, but cheap bras just aren't holding up for me.

davisbr88

@faithVA I really need to get a pedometer/FitBit! I feel like everyone is measuring their steps, and I need to get with it!!!!
@Prettymetty PICS of the hair??? :biggrin: Also, yes, I have bought and broken so many cheap bras that I really need to get some good ones. I hate how they're so expensive! Like damn, what do men have to buy that costs this much?!?!

Leo24Rule

I've been going to the gym with a friend since last week. Was told by the doctor to walk on the treadmill to strengthen my leg. Also, working on abs & arms to get ready for surgery suggested by my aunt.
#we're nothing without our health