Votes: 58 25.2%
  • HL

Votes: 92 40.0%
  • TBL

Votes: 59 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EccentricRed

I've been looking at all these fabulous length challenges, and it got me to thinking about my own length goals. Initially, I planned on getting to APL, and then I would be satisfied. Then I progressed my goal length to BSL. Now that I am at APL, I'm thinking I'd be more satisfied at MBL instead. :rolleyes: I see beautiful WL hair and I wonder if I would even want my hair that long.

That brings me to the question:

How long is too long for you? And why?

Last edited:

locabouthair

APL has always been my goal. Anything longer would be too much for me. I always think I'm the only one who doesn't want WL lol.

Fine 4s

I hear you. My first goal was BSL, then it went to MBL and now HL!!
Honestly, I think full HL may not be all that cute on me. BUT I just want to see how long I can get it to grow. Also want that undeniable long hair, no ifs or maybes...

Maybe when we state our goals, it's not really a goal, it's more of what we KNOW we can achieve, to be safe and not be disappointed. Maybe that's why the target moves so much IDK.
On my short self (5'1'') thick HL hair is just wayyyy too much....

KurlyNinja

I would have to stop at waist length. I'm currently transitioning and I cant even imagine dealing with hair longer than waist length in its natural state. Plus I have a pretty vain reason for stopping at waist length... (I want to accentuate my waist:lol: )

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i wouldnt go past TBL

i see you don't even have anything more than that on the poll:look:

EccentricRed

Maybe when we state our goals, it's not really a goal, it's more of what we KNOW we can achieve, to be safe and not be disappointed. Maybe that's why the target moves so much IDK.
On my short self (5'1'') thick HL hair is just wayyyy too much....

I agree with that sentiment about setting the goals. I think I've been just trying to go one step with my my goals instead of just setting the big one off bat! And actually, I think it has worked for me.

I'm 5'8" so although APL seems long to a lot of people around me, it still doesn't seem that long to me. I think that MBL straightened will give me a good length when I wear my hair curly.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think I will be happy to get to MBL as I think this will allow me to have SL curls. WL seems a bit long for me in terms of hair care. Maybe I will change my mind as I get closer to that goal.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i'm wearing some poetic justice braids that are a little longer than WL. they are waaaaay too long.:nono:

i probably won't go past MBL. at one point it's just gets overwhelming and unflattering.

brg240

I'm not really sure. hmm maybe tbl? definitely classic.
I'm transitioning but i want my natural hair to hang at wl (unless it has to be classic for that to happen, if so mbl is fine). Right now my hair is in between wl and hl and i can handle that okay. I wear my hair in a bun most of the time though so the length doesn't bother me much. Unless i want to try a hairstyle. It can be kind of deterring. And honestly i'm lazy, so many things i want to try but then i take into account how long it would take me and i'm like nah forget it. :ohwell:

RegaLady

APL has always been my goal. Anything longer would be too much for me. I always think I'm the only one who doesn't want WL lol.

ITA!!!APL is my goal too. But anything longer than BSL is too long:nono:. I have a small frame and my facial features are not strong enough for super long hair. So MBL is too long for me:perplexed

Curlybeauty

Sometimes, WL and MBL seem to be one of the same. I want MBL hair at this point.

I just hope my hair will fit under the dryer with rollers when my hair is that long :lol:

PPGbubbles

I am 5'3" with a lil torso so I think going beyond WL may be a little cumbersome. BUT even though I am tiny I look good with large volume styles sooooooo I may be able to grow longer but keep my hair shrunken?

So I voted HL as being too long

AlliCat

For myself personally waist length is the longest. anything longer than that would make me look like a cat lady

EllePixie

Well my goal is TBL because I'm hoping that length stretched will be BSL unstretched. Anything that I can sit on is too long.

natura87

TBL

I am past APL (when straightened) now and it feels short but at the same time I dont want to trip and fall.

Jewell

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO LONG!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Mz.MoMo5235

My sentiments EXACTLY! I'm only 5'2", and if I could grow my hair to the floor, I would NOT consider it too long...after all, I love hair and everything to do with it. :lachen: Even if I had hair that long, I'm too flyy and stylish to EVER look haggard or like a "cat lady"... :look:

^^^

Last edited:

Aireen

I could see myself going for HL even though my goal is WL. Some ladies look really nice with TBL but I think that's too much hair for me.

Last edited:

chasturner84

I will be perfectly fine with full MBL. WL is not something I want to deal with and anything longer is an automatic :nono:

Dak

My hair is approaching waist length now & I've scheduled a cut. It's just too long to take care of, maybe because I'm tall (5'11) it's just too much hair to dry. (approaching 2 hours when I roller dry) Mid-back length is more manageable.

Fhrizzball

Do you have other? Seeing as how I don't wear my hair straight I don't see any of those lengths being a problem. The only hindrance i feel would be detangling but I think that will still be workable and if that fails I can do it at pieces at a time or go to someone I really really really trust and have them detangle it for me.

knt1229

I'll let you know when I get there :lol:

Seriously, I don't know because hair behaves differently as it gets longer. So for me it will depend on how I feel about my hair as it grows. Right now I believe my hair is APL or longer straightened. I'm not sure because I don't straighten. I definitely want more length, though. I want my hair to grow as big as possible.