New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

fivetimestwo

checking in...

I'll be 18 months post on the 27th! I can't believe I made it this far because I've been contemplating chopping since the summer, but I'm still holding on. I have been wearing wigs/half-wigs since mid October and trying to stay on top of my protein/moisture game. Yesterday I added some amla powder to my conditioner and my hair is soooo soft! I had to do something because this Cleveland weather is doing a number on my hair even though it's hidden most of the time.

I am still thinking about chopping before the new year but I'm on the fence. I can't wait to take my year end progress pics.

fivetimestwo

I think I need to be talked down off the ledge:cry2: If I was not running late this A.M. I'm sure I would've chopped my relaxed ends if I had the time. I am really trying to make it to May but I had a mini-meltdown and I'm not sure how much more I can take with the wigs.:whyme:
I thought I could go all winter hiding my hair but here I am in mid-December ready to toss the wigs in the trash! I
:wallbash: really was trying to gain more length before I chop (I'm a little past shoulder natural).

What do you ladies think? Any other good protective styles you think I could do without using wigs or buns?

jerseygurl

Not a new member
:yay::yay:I'm 1 year post :yay::yay: My hair is growing nicely although I can't say the same for my relaxed ends. So here are some pitchas for your viewing pleasure:grin::grin:

I cut my hair back to APL and it's kinda uneven :blush:

Attachments

• 103_0038-1.jpg
    103_0038-1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 103_0053-1.jpg
    103_0053-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 103_0056-1.jpg
    103_0056-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 103_0062-1.jpg
    103_0062-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 103_0084-1.jpg
    103_0084-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 18

dr.j

I think I need to be talked down off the ledge:cry2: If I was not running late this A.M. I'm sure I would've chopped my relaxed ends if I had the time. I am really trying to make it to May but I had a mini-meltdown and I'm not sure how much more I can take with the wigs.:whyme:
I thought I could go all winter hiding my hair but here I am in mid-December ready to toss the wigs in the trash! I:wallbash: really was trying to gain more length before I chop (I'm a little past shoulder natural).

What do you ladies think? Any other good protective styles you think I could do without using wigs or buns?

I'm a bunner but I know some of the ladies have gotten Sengalese twists for a protective style.

dr.j

Does anyone have a hair resolution for the new year?lol

Not worry about my growth rate ---- my sides and front of my hair grow more slowly and sometimes I feel my NG should be longer being that I'm 18 months into in my transition.

Lita

Hang in there ladies..Took me 2yrs before i got the hang of it...I am 100% natural now!

(Sending you all SUPPORT)

Happy Hair Growing!

SmilingElephant

Anybody thinkin in advance the kind of styles you might wanna try once you DO BC? I'm stickin with my story of transitioning for 18 months (come on January so i can say i have only 10 more months to go!!!:fistshake:)

But i wanna try WestNDNBeauty's braid and curl and i definitely wanna be on my twistout game:yep:

Nerd.

I am officially 1.5 years post! :dance7: