Newbie Group Support Challenge 2010

CandiedLipgloss

Omg, am I late? :nervous2:

I would love to join this challenge. I've been lurking forever, but just joined about a week ago.

I am natural. BC'd in June 07. My hair is a couple inches past shoulder length when stretched. Its extremely thick. But I've been having problems with it being dry, ashy looking, and shedding. :nono:
My goal is BSL. I did reach APL after a year of no trim, but was told that it was all dead ends, and the stylist cut it off. :(

Please let me know if I qualify to be on your team. Thanks. :yep:

GoldenBreeze

Omg, am I late? :nervous2:

I would love to join this challenge. I've been lurking forever, but just joined about a week ago.

I am natural. BC'd in June 07. My hair is a couple inches past shoulder length when stretched. Its extremely thick. But I've been having problems with it being dry, ashy looking, and shedding. :nono:
My goal is BSL. I did reach APL after a year of no trim, but was told that it was all dead ends, and the stylist cut it off. :(

Please let me know if I qualify to be on your team. Thanks. :yep:

I'll assume that you were posting to me. :) Unfortunately, my team is full. However; SmilingElephant is trying to get a Section B going with the equivalent teams. If that happens, then you can most likely be on the Section B Natural Thick team. Until then, feel free to watch this thread and follow along to get pointers.

One thing that I can tell you right now is that there is no such thing as "dead ends". All hair once it leaves the follicle is dead. If it were not you would feel it when it is cut. It is possible that you ends were damaged/split, but my guess is that they probably were not damaged enough to take you from APL to SL. Many stylist do not want to deal with a head full of natural hair that is SL or beyond, and they will tell you anything to get you to either cut it or relax it. Once you are here on the forum long enough, you will learn that stylist don't always know what they are talking about.

As for dry ashy hair. How often do you deep condition? How often do you moisturize? Those are things that you can start to do if you don't already. If you do them, you might want to increase their frequency.

sstevenson

I would like to join the challenge. I just joined 9/19/09 :spinning:! I am so excited, and I really want a "Big Sister" to help me do things right! My hair is water waved, and fine. Its about neck length, but I dont know how to label it the way I see it on other post. Please find me a captain so I can meet my goals. I just can not believe the progess I have seen from other members on this site. I really want to show my progress, and I finally found a site to believe in. I can post pictures, if someone helps me out. If anyone out there needs a team member, please pick me! I am natural, and I have never had a perm. Please advise....

SS/West Texas

mstar

Luxury bacon
This sounds like the best challenge ever!

I'd love to be on Fyb87's team...PMing her now!

mstar

Luxury bacon
Whoops, I forgot to ask if we are having a separate team for Type 4 naturals. :blush: I didn't realize that you were a 3c, fyb87!

fyb87

Whoops, I forgot to ask if we are having a separate team for Type 4 naturals. :blush: I didn't realize that you were a 3c, fyb87!

No, there isn't a separate team. All of the fine hair naturals on one team and all the thick hair naturals on another team, and so on and so forth!!

SmilingElephant

This is what the teams look like so far...

SmilingElephant
Nymane
Mrs. Jackson2007
ShakiraShakira
Mysoon2behair
Day Dreamer
MrsSmitty77
Panamoni
Brownie05
Vmelcar
jdbe

Soulie
shamarie
JenBenCal
Angel of the North
preciouslove0x
kandigyrl
IntheMix08

MummysGirl
TyHill21
ladysaraii
JayAnn0513

Fyb87
GreatfulBeauty
brebre928
Nia430
AfricanViolet92
mstar
sstevenson

GoldenBreeze
-NewlyNaturalAgain
-sleepflower
-MiiSS kECiia
-SunkistDiva
- a_shoe_6307
-Choirgirl
-BeExceptional26
-CandiedLipgloss
-Shananyganz

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

Sorry SmilingElephant my team is as listed below. I had a little mixup with the last two names.:blush: It's correct now.:yep:

The ladies who are on my team are:

-NewlyNaturalAgain
-sleepflower
-MiiSS kECiia
-SunkistDiva
- a_shoe_6307
-Choirgirl
-BeExceptional26
-wild curls raquelle
-Shananyganz
-CandiedLipgloss

Last edited:

Shananyganz

OKAY!! SO, I have my team...(YAY!!) Can you tell I'm excited? Uhm...yea. ANYWAY. I come out of these braids TOMORROW!! And I'll be taking pics of my hair, I think. Depends on if the digital cam wants to be my friend...we can only hope. In ANYCASE, they come out in time for my 3 month update...newbie indeed. So hello to ALL of my team members and looking forward to learning from my dear captain GoldenBreeze!!

-S-

jdbe

Was there another captain added for relaxed hair? Sorry was trying to avoid reading through all the pages on my phone :)

ms.aiken01

Looks like im a little late :( Just subscribed earlier this week. I'm relaxed, 4a/b,not sure what u call neck lenght, and THICCKKK, seems like the longer my hair gets the thicker it gets. I will be waiting anxiously for relaxed section b captain..

Sidebar: Just wanted to say that i have never seen hair so beautiful before I came to this site. Hope I can make mine half as healthy and beautiful as all u gals have.

Vintageglam

SUBSCRIBING !!!

I'm in - Yey !!! Have been wanting to join a thread like this for ages but couldn't find one. Good idea OP !!!

I am a 4a/b and would like to join the "fine hair" group (Soulie's Team).

My Hair is currently neck lenght.

My Goals are as follows;
(1) Continue my progress of filling in my edges as a result of over-braiding.
(2) Achieve SL by March 2010 and APL by December 2010 through improved RETENTION(Here's hoping and praying).
(3) Perfect a healthy hair regimen to promote thicker, healthier and more resilient hair.
(4) Perfect the art of shampooing, deep conditioning, ROLLERSETTING and moisturizing (thereby protecting my ends and promoting "retention" again.

Can wait !!!

So what are the rules of the challenge?:dance7:

Last edited:

exubah

Okay so I just relaxed my hair and when wet it looks to be MBL, however I am not claiming until I pump up the volume :ohwell:

So my main focus for 2010 and this challenge will be to thicken up my hair!!

bimtheduck

Im so happy you ladies are excited!!! Next month i will be working on a Section B.

Thanks you for starting this thread, its a really great idea!
I sent you a PM several days ago wanting to join your team or make sure that I got on the section B relaxed team, did you recieve it?
If not, this is my formal request, thanks again!

Neala21

I definitely want to partake in the challenge. I will be on the look out out for Section B openings.

Big Chop July 09, 3c/4a hair, thick hair all natural. I'm ready for new beginnings and growth.

subscribing....

questionable

Hi ladies-
I am new on the board and I would like to join in on the challenge. I am relaxed and 4 something. I hope that I'm not too late. Thanks

Last edited:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I would like to get in on this too. Last night, I tried to flat iron my own and fried my ends to death. So I'm going to get a haircut and starting over, probably at NL.

Please, please help me out!

I am relaxed, but I do not know what my hair type is......

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Smilingelephant I sent you a PM eons ago for section B captain or team member if you already have one. Don't keep me hanging lady :D