~~OMG! They worked on MY Natural 4B HAIR!!~~

Isis

CURLFORMERS!

:yay:

Ok, so I will admit I was a little (okay a lotta) skeptical on how these things would work on MY hair type...

Cause Southern Tease n' nem got that silky smooth type of hair...so I was :ohwell: on how the Curlformers would work on MY hair.

So, I had money to burn and I bought them any way...

The results were nothing short of amazing.

(Sorry for being all dramatical, but I am shocked)

Yes, I did say dramatical.

Enough of that..here are the pics:

Before:

BAM! Scuse the acne..

Also scuse my little doodad in the front...I ran out of Curlformers

I used 6 packs

:yay: :woot::yay:
This is amazing!! Your curls are beautiful! You really could be an advertisement for Curlformers, you know. Seriously! A paid advertisement. Their sales through Sally's are already off the charts from LHCF alone but with the addition of natural 4b examples on their site, the sales will skyrocket even more. Thank you for sharing your pictures. :yep::up:

Isis

Congrats Gin...
I'm telling you natural ladies, we can have straight, bouncy, silky spiral curls with the Curlformers! No chemicals, flat iron or hot comb needed. ...I'm going to make that my new siggy saying!:grin:
You know you could be a great paid advertisement for Curlformers too with your beautiful pics! You've already made them lots of money. What you just wrote here looks like a perfect caption to go with your pics on their site.:yep:

anon123

No I didnt straighten or blow dry it. I washed and put the curlformers in.

I just banded it and it dried like that after I sat under the dryer.

ETA: I just went back and looked at the pic. I think that front part that looks "straight" is from where I have a lil heat damage. If you look at the wet pic, my hair in that area hangs a lil straighter than the rest.

Damn, I didnt know my ish was gonna be analyzed all like that. :look:

KLB? Miss Scarlett? Where are yall?

Its all good :lachen:

oops, sorry! :blush: I was just trying to get down what I would have to do. I'm no good at even blow drying straight, so just making sure it could work on the unheated naps. :)

Maynard

oops, sorry! :blush: I was just trying to get down what I would have to do. I'm no good at even blow drying straight, so just making sure it could work on the unheated naps. :)

:blush: You are cool. :grin:

I'm always scared to post in the hair forum cause I feel like I am under one heated light and getting asked questions by da police.

Ignore me, I have a strange sense of humor.. :rofl:

Maynard

You know you could be a great paid advertisement for Curlformers too with your beautiful pics! You've already made them lots of money. What you just wrote here looks like a perfect caption to go with your pics on their site.:yep:

Pinkskates could! I read her fotki very carefully and watched the youtube video before I attempted anything.

I bought them after seeeing them work on her hair. :yep:

SparklingFlame

HEEEEEEE-AAAAAAYYYY!!!
You look GREAT girl! I am so happy they worked out for you! I cant wait to do another Curlformer set myself. You go girl! Thats for inspiring me!

SparklingFlame

Pinkskates could! I read her fotki very carefully and watched the youtube video before I attempted anything.

I bought them after seeeing them work on her hair. :yep:
Pinkskates got a Youtube vid? Where was I that I didnt know? Can I have a link?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
That turned out really really nice!!!.These things are looking more and more attractive........

SparklingFlame

:blush: You are cool. :grin:

I'm always scared to post in the hair forum cause I feel like I am under one heated light and getting asked questions by da police.

Ignore me, I have a strange sense of humor.. :rofl:[/quote]FREEZE!!!!

Get your hands off the keyboard!!!!

You have the right to remain silent.

Although you have that right I suggest you waive it or the ghetto birds will be out your way in 10 min!

Now get ready for the barrage of questions that I will proceed to ask you.....

1. Whats your hair type? :)lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:)
2. Whats your reggie in complete detail.
3. Do you think I can wear my curlfomered curls for 2 weeks strait?
4. What should I use to detangle before I put in my curlformers?
5. Will I get quicker at putting these things in?
6. How long did it take you to put yours in?
7.How many curlformers did you use?
8. How many do you think I used?
9. Are you gonna do this every week?
10. Do you think I am gonna do this every week?
11. Do you think..............

Guapa1

Gin! Your hair looks wicked! I swear if I was in the States, I'd be running to my nearest Sallys now. :lachen:

Maynard

Alright. :wavey:

I picked out a few of the curls and my ends started frizzing up so I stopped.

I dont know, it may be the product I used (gel) cause I put alot on the ends

See the ends on the bottom row...the trying to go back home...

AfroKink

Gin,
It doesn't look like your hair went to the end of the curlformer, that's okay right? My hair is shorter than yours, but I'd rather by the long&wide and "grow into them" than buy the short&wide and eventually grow out of them and end up having to buy the long&wide later...

Lys

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Gin ... your curls are awesome!! Your results done sold a sistah on these bad boys. I'm getting them next week for sure.

Thanks for posting your results!

Maynard

Gin the gel didnt work for me either.:nono:

Lacio Lacio and some Chi did the trick.

Well, I'm gonna try that next! Thanks!

MissAlyssa said:
Gin,
It doesn't look like your hair went to the end of the curlformer, that's okay right? My hair is shorter than yours, but I'd rather by the long&wide and "grow into them" than buy the short&wide and eventually grow out of them and end up having to buy the long&wide later...

That's what I am thinking...that and a combination of the gel making my hair kinda dry & frizzy...am gonna do what OAHQ suggested and hopefully I will have better results next time

ok,, finally something that kinda shocked me lol,, nothing much surprises me here anymore.... i was just concererned about reversion,,, are u drying under the dryer with these or air drying and does it revert quickly? maybe i should buy a pack try it on one side of my hair and if it doesnt work take them back.....do u have to use alot of product with these,, im going back to look at Pinkskates again lol

Oh another question,, can you fully pick apart the curls and just wear them that way if you wish,, maybe iron it gently?? or does that call for disaster lol?

Maynard

ok,, finally something that kinda shocked me lol,, nothing much surprises me here anymore.... i was just concererned about reversion,,, are u drying under the dryer with these or air drying and does it revert quickly? maybe i should buy a pack try it on one side of my hair and if it doesnt work take them back.....do u have to use alot of product with these,, im going back to look at Pinkskates again lol

I dried under the dryer, but a few ladies have airdried. This is my first time and i dont have the patience to walk around with them thangs sticking out of my head! :lol:

My hair hasnt reverted yet, but its only been one day. I'd imagine it would hold up like any other roller set.

I would use one pack and if it doesnt work, take them back. :yep:

I used gel and a little Chi Silk Infusion, but I think I should have used something to moisturize my situation, cause I think the gel dried my ends out. I dont think alot of product is required, my hair had to be WET. HTH