Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

toaster

Thanks faithVA!

Blairx0 I pulled my hair into a pineapple and then twisted it into a bun. I didn't moisturize or anything after my set last night. Just right into the bun.

toaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0xn_Q_VDe0

Naptural85 is the closest person I've seen to my hair texture/density ( I think her hair is a little more dense than mine) and I love how her flexi-rod set came out. But her hair is 1000 times longer than mine and still shrunk up so much! Flexi rod's might be something I try in 2015.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0xn_Q_VDe0 Naptural85 is the closest person I've seen to my hair texture/density ( I think her hair is a little more dense than mine) and I love how her flexi-rod set came out. But her hair is 1000 times longer than mine and still shrunk up so much! Flexi rod's might be something I try in 2015.

Her results were gorgeous! Gonna give this technique a try later on in the fall. I agree that it looks a lot better on hair that is already stretched. I need to pick up some perm rods so I can try those on dry hair as well.

Beautified16

Texlaxed
Current hair length: BSL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Texlaxed

Current Setting method and styling choices: Mesh Rollers, Flexirods, Curl formers

Current Setting products: Its a 10 Miracle leave In, Nairobi Wrapp It Foam Lotion, Moroccan Oil Serum

Thing(s) you would like to work on/are hoping to achieve: I want to work on overall hair health and length.

How long do you plan to set?: Once a week for the rest of the year as long as I am not in a weave.

Post a beginning picture:IMG_0017.jpg

Last edited:

Babygrowth

Decided to do a BKO. On damp hair and I'm loving it. More shrinkage but good definition and since I have been using my new APB products and HV whipped gelly my hair is sooo soft. Will attempt another rollerset my next wash.

ForumRunner_20140510_095753.jpg

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Under the Pibbs right now… it's taking longer for my hair to dry. I used to get dry in one spin (60 min), now it takes 80 mins. My preggo body doesn't like it. :nono:

toaster

Lest anyone think my sets are actually getting better... Proof that they look the same every week. But my hair is getting longer so I must be doing something right.

image-2352436776.jpg

image-3302729127.jpg

image-1643334850.jpg

image-4054653863.jpg

Trying out the pineapple bun thing again. Will report back in the am.

toaster

Oh. I just went back and looked at the first set I posted in January. It was embarrassingly terrible. I wonder if I'll look back on these sets in December and :nono:.

Blairx0

toaster

Your hair is so full. I can really see that your hair has grown so much since the challenege started. You've done great work.

I am really considering perm rods because of you. Do you use the black ones? I am just impressed with your sleekness. I feel like we may have a similar texture so I always have my eyes peeled for your sets!!!

faithVA

Oh. I just went back and looked at the first set I posted in January. It was embarrassingly terrible. I wonder if I'll look back on these sets in December and :nono:.

Hopefully you will look back and bask on your accomplishment. Your post will be inspiring to those that come behind you. If we only saw your perfect sets, it would probably discourage those whose sets did not come out perfect. But by seeing your history, ladies behind you will know that with practice sets can and will get better and better :yep:

A December quarterly comparison post would be FABULOUS.

toaster

Hopefully you will look back and bask on your accomplishment. Your post will be inspiring to those that come behind you. If we only saw your perfect sets, it would probably discourage those whose sets did not come out perfect. But by seeing your history, ladies behind you will know that with practice sets can and will get better and better :yep:

A December quarterly comparison post would be FABULOUS.

I just love your posts. I will definitely do a comparison post. Maybe as my first post in the 2015 thread so I can see how beneficial being diligent can be.

The last two wash days I haven't been steaming because I just don't feel like sitting in the chair for an hour to steam and then 90 minutes to dry. My HotHead has been working pretty well, but the next time I wash I have to steam! I know how beneficial it is to my hair and I don't want to cause a setback because of laziness.

Nyssa28

Current hair length: BSL

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Texlaxed

Current Setting method and styling choices: Mesh Rollers, Flexirods, Curl formers

Current Setting products: Its a 10 Miracle leave In, Nairobi Wrapp It Foam Lotion, Moroccan Oil Serum

Thing(s) you would like to work on/are hoping to achieve: I want to work on overall hair health and length.

How long do you plan to set?: Once a week for the rest of the year as long as I am not in a weave.

Post a beginning picture:View attachment 259457

Beautified16, Where did you purchase your Its a 10 leave in and Nairobi Foam Lotion?

coilyhaircutie

hey girls,
sorry i've been away for a while, i've been super busy and exhausted these past 2 weeks. here are pics i took of my curlformer set today. loving the CR whipped aloe vera still

curlformers with flash
withflash.jpg

no flash
noflash.jpg

I separated the curls and wore it to work down. It was great...until I walked out the office at the end of the day and into the 90 degree heat. Ugh. Frizz city. My curls were still light and swishy, but too frizzy for my liking. I'll have to find a solution for that.

Also, I'm going to try Naptural85's new flexirod technique this Tuesday or Wednesday. Only I plan to use pure 100% aloe vera gel instead of flax seed gel and vatika frosting instead of her shea butter mix.