Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm going to a cosmetology school tomorrow for a roller set and I'm contemplating going with conditioner in my hair. Policy usually states they have to wash and condition your hair themselves but I mean what are they gonna do if it's already conditioner in it? :look:

I've done it before, they just wash & cond as usual.

SuchaLady

Okay so my hair is all rolled up and I'm under the dryer. I'm under a salon dryer and the bottom row of rollers doesn't fit here either! I'm missing something because I'm sure people get their hair rolled all the time and dryers have not shrank over the years. Also the stylist didn't roll that much faster than me either :lol: So two of my issues are still unsolved. At this point, Id be frequenting a salon just because I don't want to do my hair myself.

After I see my results I'll decide if I want to make this a once/twice a month thing.

PlainJane

A few months ago I posted about how I needed to start taking care of myself again. The good news is I actually did it and I'm in better shape and I got my skin regimen down and my skin looks great. I work out 4 times a week but my hair just isn't having it!! I feel like I've tried everything to look decent. I miss my sleek roller sets but I know they won't last.

SuchaLady

So the length of my hair and roots are straight which is great but my hairline looks as if I airdried with no product :lol: It's frizz city which makes it seem like I didn't do anything at all to it. Is that why people blowdry the roots? :scratchchin:

lushlady

A few months ago I posted about how I needed to start taking care of myself again. The good news is I actually did it and I'm in better shape and I got my skin regimen down and my skin looks great. I work out 4 times a week but my hair just isn't having it!! I feel like I've tried everything to look decent. I miss my sleek roller sets but I know they won't last.

This is me right now. I haven't rollerset in a month. I'm in rollers at the moment, but the sleek look will only last 1 day.

toaster

Congratulations! I know how a good sweat can kind of mess up your hairline. I'm in the same boat. I wonder if a silk scarf tied down during and after the workout would help?

So the length of my hair and roots are straight which is great but my hairline looks as if I airdried with no product :lol: It's frizz city which makes it seem like I didn't do anything at all to it. Is that why people blowdry the roots? :scratchchin:

It's the worst when someone else does your hair and it's not fabulous. I hate when that happens.

PlainJane

@toaster i remember your too about the scarf and I have tied it on there after the workout. I haven't tried to wear it during the workout. I'll have to buy one just for working out to see if it helps. I end up looking so busted after my workouts smh p

PlainJane

Can someone recommend a styler to me?

I style my hair wet after cowashing but I need help getting it smoother. I don't want to use a gel because it'll dry my hair out so maybe something creamy? Or a custard?

I tie my hair down with a scarf but it still doesn't get really smooth. I think it's a product issue.

What do you use to get a sleek look?

toaster

Can someone recommend a styler to me?

I style my hair wet after cowashing but I need help getting it smoother. I don't want to use a gel because it'll dry my hair out so maybe something creamy? Or a custard?

I tie my hair down with a scarf but it still doesn't get really smooth. I think it's a product issue.

What do you use to get a sleek look?
For me, a creamy leave in that has silicones, a silk scarf, and sitting under the dryer. Air drying allows my hair to frizz up too much.

My next wash day I'm going to try four ponytails, braid the length, tie a scarf, and under the dryer for an hour and 20 minutes.

Also pulling the hair up in the shower under running water helps.

NJ11

So, thought I joined this challenge when it started this year, I have to admit that I have only set my hair once that I can think of....and it wasn't even a true and proper set. :look: To make a long story short: I had an event, wanted to stretch my hair, used some Jane Carter setting foam on dry hair and installed curlformers. That actually worked really well (except for one wonky non-curl that resulted). I had curls, but combed them out for a glorious stretched puff.

I have been coveting a Pibbs for months. I know I can air dry to set (especially in the case of curlformers and perhaps flexirods, but I also wanted to work with magnetic rollers and perm rods), but wanted to set with a dryer....

....okay...having written that out and knowing what tools I have on hand, while I would *like* to do some setting under the dryer, I really don't have an excuse for not really getting started yet...

:blush: Carry on! :gorgeous:

bluenvy

Oh and about my hair.

For 4 weeks I been in a sew in.
I wanted it to last 8 weeks, but I notice good growth already.

Within the next 2 weeks I'm taking it down, and setting with hourglass rollers.

Anyone setting this weekend for the holiday?