The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i'm just a lurker to the challenge trying to gain some knowledge. i didn't surf the hundreds of pages, though i just throw this question at you ---
(1) how would you incorporate juicing with moisturizing/sealing daily? OR
(1b) is moisturizing/sealing not required when juicing because juicing provides moisture and it doesn't require sealing?
(2) how often do you juice?
(3) do you juice roots to ends?

divachyk
1) how would you incorporate juicing with moisturizing/sealing daily?
I juice as needed with my long aid activator, I also spray daily with a homemade aloevera, glycerin mix
(1b) is moisturizing/sealing not required when juicing because juicing
provides moisture and it doesn't require sealing?
Some people seal some people don't. The combo most like is juice and coconut oil. I still use castor oil when juicing. do what your hair likes
heavy juice (Long aid- 2-3 times a week) light juicing(mist4-5 times a week)
yes, you wouldn't want only one part of your hair to be in juicy heaven while the rest suffers

hey, i'm just a lurker to the challenge trying to gain some knowledge. i didn't surf the hundreds of pages, though i just throw this question at you ---
(1) how would you incorporate juicing with moisturizing/sealing daily? OR
(1b) is moisturizing/sealing not required when juicing because juicing provides moisture and it doesn't require sealing?

you dont need to seal with the juice. just put it on your hair and scalp and your good to go. but if you want the benefits of the oils then use them with the juice, i like coconut oil because i feel it makes my hair stronger. i use it with my juicy.

i juice almost everyday. you can do it 2-3 times a week if you like.

welcome!

I managed to scape some S-curl out my old bottle yesterday and juice my hair:D

Does anybody else do this?....keep the bottles even tho its only a corner of product left in it?:look:

Just checkin in... still keepin it juicay! Getting ready to do a touch up though, so I will probably be off the juice for maybe a couple of days, maybe :look:

Checkin' in - juicin' w/Darcy's daily leave in condish - 5th ingredient is vegetable glycerin so I hope this qualifies - Chelz!

Clarified with baking soda/distilled water (1 teaspoon bs/6 cups warm water) & removed 2 weeks of product buildup. Co-washed with skala aloe vera, did honey rinse (3 teaspoon honey/6 cups warm water). Finished with apple cider vinegar rinse (3 teaspoons/6 cups distilled water).

Juiced from ends to roots with CFCG, sealed with coconut/castor oil, double strand twists and bagged. Hair is totally lubed to face the pool tomorrow ... no knots, tangles as I sectioned hair with my fingers, twists are moist, ends are smooth and thick ... the pod people are hiding in my 6 cup moonshine jug ... this is NOT my hair :lachen:

oh well, 100% humidity and the products are cooperating with my naps :grin:

is this a no lye relaxer?

Here you go Adora, they sell it at Sally's :yep: BuildableBeauty on youtube uses this relaxer and she was APL 6 months ago and now she is BSL:spinning:

SBS-373600

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Silk-Elements-Relaxer/SILKEL28,default,pd.html

Silk Elements relaxer is the best I use it to my perm be so so nice.

Oh and my girl friend brought WEN for me she saw it advertise and got all excited. I told her girl on LHCF that is all they talk bout she was liek Oh. She doesnt lurk like me I be reading everyuthing if I have time.... but I usually use the Hair One so I will try the WEN since everyone seems to like it.

Today I have my Alter Ego in for a few hours then I will rinse and co wash. I am doing very little because I perm on Sunday (18wks) so I do not want to do to much. I can hardly wait I give congrats to all the natural people how you do it, Combing this dada is something else.

I am still juicing just so you all know.

Welcome back Adora hope you did well in your exams. Chelz and them held it down for you big time.

I juiced last night w/ shescenit moisture mist it has vegetable glycerin but way down on the list. I used it b/c it was on my night stand & I was too lazy to get up from my bed to get either the sta soft fro or the wave nouveau.

*** I thought the wave nouveau finishing mist was crazy slippery when landed on the floor but sta soft fro has that beat. That stuff is killa on the floor that I have use some floor cleaner along w/ a mop to wipe that stuff of the floor. My nephew ran across my bedroom floor after using that stuff and after I just mopped that area w/ no cleaner and this poor boy fell not once but twice:lachen::lachen: but he was okay.

Thats really cute Afrikurl!!!:D You are really pretty, you have a nice hairline:look:,lol that hair toy needle thingy looks sharp:blush:

Thank you and it is not sharp, it's blunt like those metal rat tail combs. My bun was swallowing part of the butterfly. When my friend got married last September, she had me twist her hair and she wanted cowrie shells in some of her twists. I went on ebay looking for cowrie hair toys. I didn't find any but I found this bad boy.The bid was gonna be up and it was .25 plus $9 shipping from china.SWEET!:lick:

Hey AdoraAdora (missed you)! Hello Jheri Juice fam! Still keeping it real juic-eeeey (prolly too juicy)! I took my cornrows down and my hair was so soft and stretched and moist that I decided to rock a fro. Of course I juiced it again I'on know why I just did LOL! I use a juicy cocktail of: HS 14n1, S-Curl, Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist, water, maybe a little CCGC (can't remember).

I'm convinced that the juice stretches my 4a/4b coils cuz they are practically non-existent right now. Looks like I have really loose 3a curls. Should I be concerned - will my hair revert if I stop juicin'?

:weird:New juicer on the block!!!!!

I am juicing with HS 14 in 1 and I luuurves it! Shedding, breakage, and dryness is no longer an issue....but...my hair is so soft now that it doesn't really hold a style well anymore. Is everybody bunning? I am only SL relaxed (with about 1-2 inches NG) and I don't have enough hair to make a respectable bun or ponytail. I need some style ideas.

:weird:New juicer on the block!!!!!

I am juicing with HS 14 in 1 and I luuurves it! Shedding, breakage, and dryness is no longer an issue....but...my hair is so soft now that it doesn't really hold a style well anymore. Is everybody bunning? I am only SL relaxed (with about 1-2 inches NG) and I don't have enough hair to make a respectable bun or ponytail. I need some style ideas.

Could you just pin into an updo? That might work...

Hey AdoraAdora (missed you)! Hello Jheri Juice fam! Still keeping it real juic-eeeey (prolly too juicy)! I took my cornrows down and my hair was so soft and stretched and moist that I decided to rock a fro. Of course I juiced it again I'on know why I just did LOL! I use a juicy cocktail of: HS 14n1, S-Curl, Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist, water, maybe a little CCGC (can't remember).

I'm convinced that the juice stretches my 4a/4b coils cuz they are practically non-existent right now. Looks like I have really loose 3a curls. Should I be concerned - will my hair revert if I stop juicin'?

Why would you wanna stop juicin, lol maybe the juice is elongating your curl pattern by weighing your hair down and I'm sure there are other products as well that could also do that:yep:

I juiced last night w/ shescenit moisture mist it has vegetable glycerin but way down on the list. I used it b/c it was on my night stand & I was too lazy to get up from my bed to get either the sta soft fro or the wave nouveau.

*** I thought the wave nouveau finishing mist was crazy slippery when landed on the floor but sta soft fro has that beat. That stuff is killa on the floor that I have use some floor cleaner along w/ a mop to wipe that stuff of the floor. My nephew ran across my bedroom floor after using that stuff and after I just mopped that area w/ no cleaner and this poor boy fell not once but twice:lachen::lachen: but he was okay.

You can use whatever juice is closest to you, doesnt matter:yep:, sounds like you are drippin juice all ova :giggle:

Toot toot! the juice train needs to get backta moving! I didn't check in on LHCF all day at work and a few hours at home and I just check in and I had to SEARCH for the juice thread. What the fruit? Juice page needs to be on page one or two PERIOD. Juicy updates? Put em here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back