Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

Based on the pictures and your explanation, it doesn’t look like you need more water to me! Your hair looks really defined and hydrated from root to tip.

Like you, I always add more water after applying UFD, but once I apply Jell-O shot, I don’t add any more water. My hair had the heavy feeling after applying the Jell-O shot.

I try to apply UFD on soaking wet hair, and then when I add more water, the UFD is holding the water in, so my hair doesn’t drip anymore. But it doesn’t feel heavy at that point. Just… kind of slimey?

Do you think you need more water?

I definitely got my hair soaking wet before applying the UFD. And I smoothed and smoothed. I added water after the UFD.

What I'm not getting is that heavy feeling.

I don't know if I need more water or not. I think I will measure the water I add to a section like I'm measuring gel.

toaster

Why didn’t I realize this gel was only 6ozs, lol??

@toaster
Girl…. Mine hasn’t even shipped yet! They just created my label.

And I’m already skeptical. Abena used at least 1/2 the jar on me, and the original version was thick and didn’t move in the jar.

This looks watery based on their Instagram posts!

I’m hoping it spreads really easily and we can get AT LEAST 4 uses out of the jar.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Sooooo I used it tonight. I know I used more than 2 ounces. It comes out the jar sticky and moves but as soon as you emulsify it , the texture thickens up. Which is cool to feel. Very satiny feeling. Great slip

it went on heavy but I never shake my hair because it causes my shrinkage. I like it to lay down so when I set under the dryer it stays in the same shape. Well, this started shrinking my hair up immediately. The hair elongated and then started curling up. It feels very lightweight as I sit here.

I cowashed and use it straight up. Right now on the price point alone I would not repurchase. My hair looks nice but not $30 amazing for only 6 ounces. I would only get 3 1/2 uses out of it and I wash my hair every 2-3 days.

I’ll try and capture a picture. @toaster

sunshinebeautiful

Girl…. Mine hasn’t even shipped yet! They just created my label.

And I’m already skeptical. Abena used at least 1/2 the jar on me, and the original version was thick and didn’t move in the jar.

This looks watery based on their Instagram posts!

I’m hoping it spreads really easily and we can get AT LEAST 4 uses out of the jar.

I don't have as much hair as yall lol but I've used mine twice and still have a good amount left in the jar.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Good morning ladies. I pray everyone had a good night.

So, I tried to set it before bed but that dryer is hot a HADES!! Its hot like I dunno what in NJ. I maybe sat under the dryer for 25 minutes total last night. My hair was damp and of course it smooshed in sleeping which disturbs my hair. I'll be trying it again in 2 days at an early start so It has a chance to dry before bed.

It is a one and done. I dont feel it needs a topper or leave in. Its moisturizing alone. It defines alone. The hold is a medium type on the top strands. I just dont think its cost efficient for me. An 8 oz of KCCC can last well over 3 months for me.

sunshinebeautiful

It is a one and done. I dont feel it needs a topper or leave in. Its moisturizing alone. It defines alone. The hold is a medium type on the top strands. I just dont think its cost efficient for me. An 8 oz of KCCC can last well over 3 months for me.

I had the same impressions after using it. The texture is sort of gooey so it's very spreadable once you apply it. It's definitely medium hold. I initially bought 2 jars and said to myself, "let's see how long this lasts" because it is pricey. I have a lot of other gels on deck :look: so I've been alternating Nurture with others. Otherwise, I did enjoy the look and the feel of the product.

I attached one of my pics from when I tried Nurture for the first time.

Attachments

• Nurture.png
    Nurture.png
    469.9 KB · Views: 53

Britt

hi ladies! What are you all using as moisturizing shampoo?
My beloved Elucence is nearly finished and I have yet to find something comparable. I liked that it was moisturizing yet not heavy and feel like it leaves a residue. I tried Design Essentials and I feel it does that. I bought a tiny bottle of Innersense hydrating bath, it's ok. I prefer Elucence.
Oh my! I meant moisturizing shampoo :facepalm:

GettingKinky

Aisha has been on IG the last few days showing how the humidity is messing up her hair.

If she hasn’t figured out a product combo that can withstand humidity, what hope do the rest of us have?

I’m glad I live in a place with low humidity. The only downside is that it doesn’t stay warm at night.

VictoriousBrownFlower

ok so this time when i did my wash and go i let it dry for maybe 2 hrs or 50% dry and then dried the rest of the way with a blow dryer. After i was done drying i stretched it with the blow dryer and this is how it came out
IMG_5828.JPG

my question is will it stay stretched in the summer heat and humidity or will it shrink up when i go out?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I picked this nonsense up because it was super cheap and I thought the top was funny.
1625016578948.png
The regular wetline did nothing for me but this has the strongest hold of anything I have used to date. When it goes on it almost feels like a combo of hair grease and gel but it's not oily or greasy when dry. It gives me all of the rock solid cast that my hair needs to be put into submission The closest thing to this strength of hold I've used was the ecoslay jello shot.

This is 100% dry.
1625018954586.png
Do not let these lying :moon: coils fool you, my hair only looks defined when clumps are strategically placed.
1625019016885.png
My hair dries into a helmet shape because it really has no shape besides the random cuts I made when big chopping. When Covid is done killing folks I'ma find somebody's salon to get me right. Right about now, I know somebody is real tempted to say "Crackers, all you got to do is shake your hair while it's still wet and it will fall into place easy breezy lemon squeezy"

Here's how my hair fell in place to dry every time I attempted to shake and go. I call this style rewet and put in a puff.
1625020727443.png
Like I said in the other thread, yeah I walk out the house like this but I'm on a mission to keep my hairline and playing with process and products on my hair is the only way I'm ever going to get these wash and goes right.

toaster

Aisha has been on IG the last few days showing how the humidity is messing up her hair.

If she hasn’t figured out a product combo that can withstand humidity, what hope do the rest of us have?

I’m glad I live in a place with low humidity. The only downside is that it doesn’t stay warm at night.
I’m in Chicago and have been since last Friday.

My hair doesn’t have a bit of frizz on day 6. UFD and Jell-O shot.

Her hair is high porosity because of the bleach and can’t hold in moisture. It is very very humid here, but she has special circumstances and is trying to play it off like we’re all walking around with undefined afros.

Last edited: