Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I actually ordered the hair off the exchange forum for 80.... I have a toddler sized head so I figured the 1 pack should be fine.
sorry for more questions...but what length did you get?? i'm conflicted...i think i'm probably gonna wear it mostly straight anyways because i don't feel like dealing with kinky hair that isnt growing out of my own head. :look: and i don't want to end up looking ridiculous.
thanks in advance!!
i need to scout out the exchange forum for some of it...

@ BayAreaDream, cute!! :D

SUPER SWEET

We wish me luck...i get my hair done to see if it's ready for another install. GRRRR 2 weeks ago she NOOOOOOOOOOOOO wait. My install I had really did some damage. I hope to get yes so I can use up the 2 packs of hair I have.

PPGbubbles

sorry for more questions...but what length did you get?? i'm conflicted...i think i'm probably gonna wear it mostly straight anyways because i don't feel like dealing with kinky hair that isnt growing out of my own head. :look: and i don't want to end up looking ridiculous.
thanks in advance!!
i need to scout out the exchange forum for some of it...

@ BayAreaDream, cute!! :D

i got 14 inches which may end up being a little long for me but I intend to wear the hair kinky straight 4 a few weeks then curly.

but in my experience kinky weave hair is soooooo much easier to deal with than my hair. detangling is a breeze!

Aveena

Just removed my last install. I am getting my hair trimmed and styled today. I relaxed a couple of days ago so I'm going to be out of the weave for about 2 weeks.

I plan on wearing protective styling. I just need to get a trim because I ends are W shaped.

I'm so frustrated that I can get that kind of damage from combing. My first install was tracks because I didn't have enough hair to do an entire head. (I learned my lession) My last two have been full weaves with a little left out in the horseshoe, edges and back and that worked out MUCH better.

I'm currently looking into just getting a closure and do a complete no hair left out on my next install. I just need to rest my hair for a bit and then I'll be back!!

Caychica

Just took down my install! Going to detangle, shampoo, do an aphogee 2step, bigen, & d/c with ors replen. pack and TRY to trim.

whoa. that seems like a lot :look:

**Glamourlicious**

Not "officially" in this challenge but I am in my own personal Weave it up challege.

I am still in my second install of the year....I like it...but I am bored with it. I will more than likely keep it about 4 more weeks at the least.

Caychica

I might be having a set back. I'm so upset.

I combed out the shed hair and all but my hair still ended up tangled. its like freakin locs & I know i got major breakage trying to detangle. I used the ORS which usually give me enough slip but not this time. I used Garnier with it but still cant get it cleared..

I give up. Just threw some cond. in there & put my hair in a bun. ughh. depressing :(

any suggestions?

pureebony

you should try saturating your hair in oil coconut or olive oil, et it soak in, then begin from the ends try using your hands as much as possible then use a wide tooth comb, avoid direct water as i find it will make your hair vulnerable.

hth

jlh48047

Just removed my second install of the year! It was in less than a full month. I do know that when I eventually do the next relaxer and trim, that I am going to have to do a deep trim on my ends. There is definitely more length but hard to get an acurate length check because of all the kinky new growth. I will do a temporary install with a few individual braids where my leave out hair would be and sew in the rest! Till almost the end of March. Then it will be relaxer and trim time and the another sew-in to have for about 2 months.

I am really proud of you ladies hanging in and helping each other out with tips, advice and encouragement. We all need it. To the one's who have seen some damage, I am so sorry for that. I hope it is something that can be changed with a little more TLC, not that your not giving your hair TLC to begin with.

I will post pics of the new dooo as soon as I can! Happy weaving ladies!!!!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I might be having a set back. I'm so upset.

I combed out the shed hair and all but my hair still ended up tangled. its like freakin locs & I know i got major breakage trying to detangle. I used the ORS which usually give me enough slip but not this time. I used Garnier with it but still cant get it cleared..

I give up. Just threw some cond. in there & put my hair in a bun. ughh. depressing :(

any suggestions?
you did the right thing, in my opinion :yep:
taking a break from it is good....now sleep in an ultra moisturizing DC tonight, wake up, and then attempt to detangle again.
don't worry about it-i bet you're goin to end up being just fine:grin:

Diam0ndiva

hey ladies checking.. and let me tell u for someone that hasnt worn a weave in a while its torture.. i did the 1st one it was out in less then 30 days the 2nd was out in 15days..lol.. and i have yet to do a new weave til March 1st.. but im still focused on the growth.. so for now im twisted up til the 1st

stephluv

Hi Ladies... Happy Sunday to everyone and a healthy hair growing to you!!
I have a question that I hope one or more of you ladies can help me with....I have a full head sew-in weave that has a bang and long layers. It looks great and natural...I've been asked if its mine then asked if its a wig or cap cause this sew-in was put in realllll well. Anyhoo my conflict is I'm about ready to talke it out cause its sooo itchy. Either it was put in too tight or the cronrows are too tight but my head is itching me and I can't get to my scalp quick enough. I think she may have put the tracks too close together. I hate doing the pat my head movement and my mom hates it even more but other than takin a bobby pin and diggin around its the only way I can get some relief. Any suggestions on how to wash this straight hair AND grease it?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

lawyer2be371

Hi Ladies... Happy Sunday to everyone and a healthy hair growing to you!!
I have a question that I hope one or more of you ladies can help me with....I have a full head sew-in weave that has a bang and long layers. It looks great and natural...I've been asked if its mine then asked if its a wig or cap cause this sew-in was put in realllll well. Anyhoo my conflict is I'm about ready to talke it out cause its sooo itchy. Either it was put in too tight or the cronrows are too tight but my head is itching me and I can't get to my scalp quick enough. I think she may have put the tracks too close together. I hate doing the pat my head movement and my mom hates it even more but other than takin a bobby pin and diggin around its the only way I can get some relief. Any suggestions on how to wash this straight hair AND grease it?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I use a applicator bottle, so Im not using grease, oil....rather..... and I spray my tracks roots, etc with infusium 23....its not uncommon for your hair to itch, though....some of the stylist even you take an over counter allergy itch relieve medicines, a few days after you get an install......I dont use grease so I cant help with that.... But washing I like Carson Weave line shampoo's and conditoners, light weight and smell great...you just work the shampoo into the weave and massage, it in...than rinse a few times...

jalen0216

2nd Install of this challenge

This install is Virgin Indian Remy curls. I love this hair because I can keep my and this hair well moisturized. I hope to keep this in for 10-12 weeks.

beauti

wow, its been SOO long since i've updated! i couldnt find this challenge and had to do a search! :spinning: sooo....i caught up with all the posts and omg! there are alot of pretty installs! :yep: well....i have since removed my curly install and replaced it with straight hair...AGAIN :rolleyes: this is my third install already, mainly because hair i buy is so cheap and let's not even mention the shedding! so...i will be saving up for some good hurr ( :grin: ) preferably.. ::cough:: the brand chenteus has installed. that hair looks :lick: okay, i'm gonna shut up and below are my pics. yes, its the same brand of cheap hair i installed at the start of this challenge. its soo beautiful but the shedding is disastrous! the last pic was taken today, used a curling iron. um please dont look @ the mess behind me in that last pic :look:

Attachments

• Picture 0052.JPG
    Picture 0052.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 0056.JPG
    Picture 0056.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 0058.JPG
    Picture 0058.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 66

Caychica

UPDATE!

I washed my hair with ORS shampoo n that helped detangle a bit then I soaked with conditioner, went to the salon & got a d/c & my stylist combed it out with a wide teeth comb. Dont think I lost much hair after all.

Got an install too. put back in my bohbraz from two installs ago. hair is still good as new soo :grin: here are some pics. my hair after i took out my install, combed out, shed hair & my install now. I'll take better pics soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG01109-20100226-2149.jpg
    IMG01109-20100226-2149.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 90
Ok ladies I am in Week 4 of my second install and going strong. I wanted to take it down this past weekend for my cousin's wedding but didn't get a chance to. I'm hoping I get enougt time to take it down Friday bfore leaving for Atlanta Saturday morning. I didn't take any photos this time around because I installed and wore it in a bun EVERY day...even when going out on the town.

missnurselady

So I took down my full sew in last week, and installed Bobraz. Curly hair is so much easier. I took some pics of my hair after my take down, and my relaxed hair looks horrible! Im too embarrassed to even post pics. I will be doing a serious trim after I take down this install. My edges are still pretty bad off, any tried and true suggestions?

loulou82

So I took down my full sew in last week, and installed Bobraz. Curly hair is so much easier. I took some pics of my hair after my take down, and my relaxed hair looks horrible! Im too embarrassed to even post pics. I will be doing a serious trim after I take down this install. My edges are still pretty bad off, any tried and true suggestions?

I don't have any great tips but what products do you use on your braids? Perhaps your edges are being pulled too tightly and/or they aren't getting enough moisture.

pureebony

i did my beyonce sew in this weekend cut and everything im really happy with myself, i even did my own silk closure!!

i did a new braid pattern and have decided to apply a light moisturiser to my hair 3 times a week, by abba, i will apply my growth mix to my hair twice a week. and wash and deep condition once every two weeks.

will post pics of my install with bangs as soon as i can.

pureebony

ooh i also cut 2 inches off my own hair to get a fresh start, so no breakage now, healthy ends so here on i will be triming after every take down, which i hope to keep in for 2 to 3 months, i will also be doing full head weaves only, maybe full head if i feel my hair can handle it and i get a versatile weave like bohyme or something!

LovelyRo

Blizzard... I commented on your blog! Good luck with keeping your ends healthy! Your hair will grow back before you know it... especially since you are hiding it under a weave! For the most part, I've been hiding my hair since I cut it to NL... and every time I see it, I'm shocked by the growth!

Last edited:

pureebony

pureebony... I commented on you blog! Good luck with keeping your ends healthy! Your hair will grow back before you know it... especially since you are hiding it under a weave! For the most part, I've been hiding my hair since I cut it to NL... and every time I see it, I'm shocked by the growth!

Aaw thanks for the encouragement!

I didn't realise that a good cut would save so much uneeded stress and will get me back on track so yes i am back on it! Full speed ahead!! lol