what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

Jace032000

Wow!! I popped my head in to see how progress was going with the CWK plates...and I'm blown away! I just finished reading the last 6-pages of this thread and I'm a little concered. I'm a backer and was excited about getting my plates..but my concern stems from a total lack of communication. AND where is that video showcasing product viability for us type 4s? I'd really like to share this products with some of my type 4-haired friends but don't have a leg to stand on in terms of proof because there isn't any!

She posted a link to a 5 second video but then said there was something wrong and would rectify it....well it's been a few days. Has it been fixed?

Bottom Line: We are here to support but need you to give us something we can continue to believe iin. I personally am losing confidence as this thread continues to grow in the absence of the product's creator.

knbradley

Hello ladies,

<<<<Disclaimer: This is a long message to read :), but I felt it was necessary :) >>>>

First, I would like to apologize for the delay with the video. I can understand your frustration. I am not sure why the entire video didn't upload originally, but put everything aside today and worked on it. Here is the link to the full video of the kinky model: http://youtu.be/Ky_z00kAJX0

I would also like to address some of your concerns. I should have a website done within the next weeks and I will have a forum there, so that I can have one place that I can answer questions and concerns because right now, there are a lot of different threads/blogs/websites that I am trying my best to keep up with about the CWK Plates and I cannot lie....I am having a difficult time keeping up with all of the comments and work on the product too :-(. I believe that if created one place to answer questions and concerns, I could respond in a timely manner. The campaign is over, but my workload is at an all time high because now I have a tight timeline that I am working with and my goal is to get this product to you ON TIME.

I will work on my customer service.... I promise :) I don't want you to think that since I have not been active on this thread that I am not working..... It is quite the opposite. I have been working very hard on this project. Here is a brief (not so brief) summary of what's been going on :).

- I paid $6000 (out of my savings) a couple of weeks before the campaign was over to get the molds started. I didn't want to wait on the campaign to end because my goal is to have all the orders filled on time. The money still isn't available to me :-( It should be released in another week or so. If I waited on the money to hit my account...I would be sooo far behind my deadline.

- I have been in constant communication with the manufacturers about the tooling and I just sent him the numbers for the first production run. I had to do an analysis of all of the orders and get the (total sets) numbers to him. <<<see pictures below of the tools that will be used for the small plates>>>

- We have been researching and trying to find packaging for the product. I don't want to just stick the plates in a box and send it to you all, so I am working on finding packaging. I have also been working on the packaging inserts. The inserts will be done soon, I will send it to the manufacturers for packaging. When the production is done, we will be ready to go.

- I did post a message on an entrepreneur forum to get advice on business model. There are several different ways that I can go with this product and I was seeking advice from experts on the best path to take for PHASE TWO. I could continue to sell out of my garage.... work with distributors.... use sales associates...sell online.... Etc. I hope you can respect my desire to reach out to others who have already done this for advice on the best path to take. No worries, this doesn't affect my kickstarter backers AT ALL. If you read the entire thread, you would notice that I mentioned several times that my backers were my first priority.

- Here is a breakdown for how the kickstarter money will be spent. Please understand that I asked for $8000, but I had plans to use some of my savings for the other portion to get this project off the ground. You only get money on kickstarter if you raise 100% of your goal, so I had to be cautious of that when deciding how much to set my goal. My husband and I were going to fund the rest :)

$24,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER
($4,000 goes to kickstarter and amazon)
($11,000 for the tooling)
($6,000 for the first production run)
($2,000 for miscellaneous items ... Packaging, shipping, tshirts, marketing)

- I saw the link that someone shared about the bonnets and I would like to address that as well. Yes, I did request a quote on the bonnets because I wanted to see if someone manufactured or could manufacture a larger bonnet. This is something that we are looking into for later down the road. If we do decide to manufacture a larger bonnet (which would allow for faster drying time for women with longer hair) the product WILL NOT be funded from kickstarter money. Once I finish paying for the tooling and first production run, the kickstarter money will be gone :-( ..... This is just something that we are considering, much, much, much later down the road.

- I have been working closely with a graphic designer to design the t-shirt that will go out with the orders that has this as a reward.

- The contest winners have not been announced yet, there was a LARGE response for the contest and we are working on tallying up post to determine the ten winners. I promise I will make the announcement by early next week. The contest was NEVER cancelled, we just have not announced the winner yet.

- Once the tooling is complete (in about a week and a half) the manufacturer will send me product samples and I will pay to have a PROFESSIONAL video done. The video will show a demonstration of the plates snapping together and the full application process from beginning to end. The samples should be in within the next couple of weeks.... Trust me, I have been bugging my manufacturer for the samples bc I am ready to show you the FULL video from start to end of the EXACT product you will receive. I found a videographer and a model...all I am waiting on is for my samples to come on in ...they should be here soon :)

Okay, I know I wrote a book on this thread, but I really tried to address all the concerns that I read about. If I missed your concern, I apologize. Please forgive me for not looking at this particular thread daily, I have been really busy trying to get the product tooling finalized, production analysis, packaging selected and the list goes on. I am truly sorry if I have caused any of you to doubt me or my product. I would like to reassure you that I am working hard to get this product in your hands on time.

Thanks you so much for being patient with me through this process. I am learning as I go but I am human and may make mistakes along the way :-/ Please know that I value each and everyone of you as customers. If you need me to address a concern and I don't respond to this thread (I don't get an alert when post are made on this thread) please feel free to email me and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner :). Knbradley[USER=320439]yahoo[/USER].com

Best wishes to all of you,
Kelechi Bradley

knbradley

oooooooh weeeee.....I need that hug today friend and some coffee.....LOL!!! I promise I am working extra hard because I don't want to let you all down. I am grinding over here...I promise. I may be quiet, but I am working for you all because if it wasn't for my supporters, I would not be here!!! I appreciate all of you and your feedback. I can admit when I am wrong and I have always been able to accept constructive criticism. ;-)

knbradley

Here is the tooling for the small plate. Take a close look and you can see the design of the mold. One almost down... Two more to go :) once the molds are done l, this manufacturer can produce 3000 pieces at a time. We are on schedule ladies.... I am sooooo excited!!!!

<<<<<My attorney advised me to remove the pictures of the molds ;-( sorry. For those of you that got a sneak peak, please vouch for me that they are in the process of getting done. >>>>

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without Heat-http://youtu.be/CJlTt02SUis

Last edited:

Frizzyb

thank you, the video really did help. 4 women with different hair types over here needed the insevice to be able to get the most out of the plates.

Channy31

These still look fantastic imo, i didn't donate in the end because tbh as a student I can't afford it. Plus am going to be out of the country till January 2015. I hope to get my hands on some then though :) Good luck!

Ogoma

Thanks for the update. Having one place where people know to get information will definitely help.

Wishing you all the best. It is not easy, but with effort you will get there. Can't wait to try my plates. Do you know when the second run will be? I want to get some for my niece.

ChocolatePie777

Thanks fir the update.....but it came too late for me as I decided not to donate after the update took so long. I wish you all the best and hopefully when this thing is up and fully running ill purchase

Last edited:

JudithO

Thank God she came in here for an update... I've supported her and the campaign from day 1, and the turn the thread was taking was heartbreaking. I'm impressed with the kinky results, I didn't think it would work for my hair (even though I donated)... Now I'm excited to receive it...

Jace032000

Hello ladies,

<<<<Disclaimer: This is a long message to read :), but I felt it was necessary :) >>>>

First, I would like to apologize for the delay with the video. I can understand your frustration. I am not sure why the entire video didn't upload originally, but put everything aside today and worked on it. Here is the link to the full video of the kinky model: http://youtu.be/Ky_z00kAJX0

I would also like to address some of your concerns. I should have a website done within the next weeks and I will have a forum there, so that I can have one place that I can answer questions and concerns because right now, there are a lot of different threads/blogs/websites that I am trying my best to keep up with about the CWK Plates and I cannot lie....I am having a difficult time keeping up with all of the comments and work on the product too :-(. I believe that if created one place to answer questions and concerns, I could respond in a timely manner. The campaign is over, but my workload is at an all time high because now I have a tight timeline that I am working with and my goal is to get this product to you ON TIME.

I will work on my customer service.... I promise :) I don't want you to think that since I have not been active on this thread that I am not working..... It is quite the opposite. I have been working very hard on this project. Here is a brief (not so brief) summary of what's been going on :).

- I paid $6000 (out of my savings) a couple of weeks before the campaign was over to get the molds started. I didn't want to wait on the campaign to end because my goal is to have all the orders filled on time. The money still isn't available to me :-( It should be released in another week or so. If I waited on the money to hit my account...I would be sooo far behind my deadline.

- I have been in constant communication with the manufacturers about the tooling and I just sent him the numbers for the first production run. I had to do an analysis of all of the orders and get the (total sets) numbers to him. <<<see pictures below of the tools that will be used for the small plates>>>

- We have been researching and trying to find packaging for the product. I don't want to just stick the plates in a box and send it to you all, so I am working on finding packaging. I have also been working on the packaging inserts. The inserts will be done soon, I will send it to the manufacturers for packaging. When the production is done, we will be ready to go.

- I did post a message on an entrepreneur forum to get advice on business model. There are several different ways that I can go with this product and I was seeking advice from experts on the best path to take for PHASE TWO. I could continue to sell out of my garage.... work with distributors.... use sales associates...sell online.... Etc. I hope you can respect my desire to reach out to others who have already done this for advice on the best path to take. No worries, this doesn't affect my kickstarter backers AT ALL. If you read the entire thread, you would notice that I mentioned several times that my backers were my first priority.

- Here is a breakdown for how the kickstarter money will be spent. Please understand that I asked for $8000, but I had plans to use some of my savings for the other portion to get this project off the ground. You only get money on kickstarter if you raise 100% of your goal, so I had to be cautious of that when deciding how much to set my goal. My husband and I were going to fund the rest :)

$24,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER
($4,000 goes to kickstarter and amazon)
($11,000 for the tooling)
($6,000 for the first production run)
($2,000 for miscellaneous items ... Packaging, shipping, tshirts, marketing)

- I saw the link that someone shared about the bonnets and I would like to address that as well. Yes, I did request a quote on the bonnets because I wanted to see if someone manufactured or could manufacture a larger bonnet. This is something that we are looking into for later down the road. If we do decide to manufacture a larger bonnet (which would allow for faster drying time for women with longer hair) the product WILL NOT be funded from kickstarter money. Once I finish paying for the tooling and first production run, the kickstarter money will be gone :-( ..... This is just something that we are considering, much, much, much later down the road.

- I have been working closely with a graphic designer to design the t-shirt that will go out with the orders that has this as a reward.

- The contest winners have not been announced yet, there was a LARGE response for the contest and we are working on tallying up post to determine the ten winners. I promise I will make the announcement by early next week. The contest was NEVER cancelled, we just have not announced the winner yet.

- Once the tooling is complete (in about a week and a half) the manufacturer will send me product samples and I will pay to have a PROFESSIONAL video done. The video will show a demonstration of the plates snapping together and the full application process from beginning to end. The samples should be in within the next couple of weeks.... Trust me, I have been bugging my manufacturer for the samples bc I am ready to show you the FULL video from start to end of the EXACT product you will receive. I found a videographer and a model...all I am waiting on is for my samples to come on in ...they should be here soon :)

Okay, I know I wrote a book on this thread, but I really tried to address all the concerns that I read about. If I missed your concern, I apologize. Please forgive me for not looking at this particular thread daily, I have been really busy trying to get the product tooling finalized, production analysis, packaging selected and the list goes on. I am truly sorry if I have caused any of you to doubt me or my product. I would like to reassure you that I am working hard to get this product in your hands on time.

Thanks you so much for being patient with me through this process. I am learning as I go but I am human and may make mistakes along the way :-/ Please know that I value each and everyone of you as customers. If you need me to address a concern and I don't respond to this thread (I don't get an alert when post are made on this thread) please feel free to email me and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner :). Knbradley[USER=320439]yahoo[/USER].com

Best wishes to all of you,
Kelechi Bradley

I know I'm late---but thank you so much knbradley! I'm so happy to see the results on a 4a model and feel confident recommending this to others.

Healthb4Length

Knbradley thank you for updating and using the type 4 model. I wish you much success and I'm glad you've been able to work out the kinks.

knbradley

The CWK Contest Winners have been announced!! Thank you ladies for your support! Please check your email for more information about shipping. Thank you so much for spreading the word and supporting my project!!!

image-4160464141.jpg

knbradley

Hello ladies,

I was super excited last night when I found out that the small, medium and large molds for the CWK plates are complete. I should receive the samples next week of the exact plates that you will receive and that will be eventually sold on my site :).

You voted on the colors and the winning colors are:

Long-black
Medium - pink
Small - purple

I am feeling so excited and I am happy to announce that we are right on schedule with production. I will send pictures of the samples as soon as I open the shipping box :) Thanks again for your support!!!

knbradley

I woke up this morning with ALL smiles when I checked my phone and had 15 messages from my manufacturer!!! The molds are done and samples were made last night. He made them in black, blue and white. They will fix the color and produce more samples in a few days. I am elated!! The journey has been fun; I am starting to see the light!!! I couldn't have done it without my supporters and those who believed in my vision!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Attachments

• image-199095000.jpg
    image-199095000.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image-1692448235.jpg
    image-1692448235.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 179
  • image-1217442797.jpg
    image-1217442797.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image-126145974.jpg
    image-126145974.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 168

knbradley

Will you be the face of CWK Girls website and social media launch for the month of August and win $100?

Contestant
Inbox me your favorite CWK Headshot ([email protected]) Your job is to get as many people as you can to vote for your entry on Instagram. They MUST follow our page for it to count.

Followers
Your job is to vote for the entry that you would like to see as the August CWK Girl for our big website and social media launch. Please vote for the girl that you think represents "Embracing beauty... The Curly, Wavy and Kinky girls of the world".

Attachments

• image-4175012407.jpg
    image-4175012407.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 59