what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

knbradley

Just checked that thread and unfortunately they are catching something I suggested in another thread to knbradley. They mention that it's only with heat. They don't know that you don't have to use heat as she cut out that part of the video of hair being air dried. I suggested that part be placed back in. It's a shame as some sales will be lost because of this because people don't know that you can do it both ways (with or without heat) and the skimmers who don't read will just think it's with "low" heat of a hooded dryer when that is not the case. They also don't know how long it lasts without heat. I still hope that thread helps her but that is a valid concern if you don't want to use heat at all. We know from her previous video on here that you can use heat or no heat but it's not in the kickstarter video. I hope people still come out to support but that is definitely something that needs explanation for a bigger audience at least later. I realize she will get to her goal probably either way but I was hoping she'd exceed it above and beyond. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and rooting for that. Something like shark tank wants to see high pre order sales and I think she easily could do it if she does everything necessary marketing wise. She may not even need a show like that if she runs with it correctly.

Thanks for your feedback! I added an update to the project and I also added right below the video. You are exactly right, you told to include that before I launched but I completely forgot :-/ oops ....

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without Heat- http://youtu.be/74NvbIRKNVw

knbradley

luckiestdestiny :lol::lol: Seriouslyyyyy! I was a bit peeved when i looked at lipstick alley too. I also think people need to understand that this isn't a styling tool like curl formers--it's a stretching tool. A lot of the lipstick alley ladies (not all of them, just most) want to just slap on plates, comb their hair and walk out of the house looking fierce. I'm not hating on those ladies or anyone who agrees with them. I respect their decision to wait until the product launches, but that's just the vibe I got from that thread. I love how knbradley made a note in her video that kinky hair types will have blow dried results. I think that is very realistic. It's a shame some people don't take the time to read and do research before developing an opinion. ANYWAY, on a more positive note I changed my pledge from $45 to $60 because of the CWK stretching LHCF challenge. I want to make sure I have enough plates because I would be devastated if I could not participate because I was short some. :grin:

Yikes I have to find the thread on lipstick alley. I didn't know it was there. Maybe I can address their concerns. Thank you for supporting this project :)

knbradley

^^I hope when this thing blows up she hires you as her vp girl.....your all up in these threads dropping knowledge and answering questions :)

Yes ma'am you are so right! If I make it to sharktank I need to take about five of y'all with me as reps (virtuenow you know you are coming...lol). Some of you ladies understand and can explain the process better than me :)I love this site!!!

Soratachi

@knbradley

I left a comment on the Kickstarter page but I will leave a request here too.

I need more plates and I was planning to get the 2 international pack combined.
Kickstarter only gives one option for rewards if I am not mistaken or I would get both packs and be done :lick: .

knbradley

@knbradley I left a comment on the Kickstarter page but I will leave a request here too. I need more plates and I was planning to get the 2 international pack combined. Kickstarter only gives one option for rewards if I am not mistaken or I would get both packs and be done :lick: .

Good morning!!! I am about to drop kids off for school and head to work. I will do it today when I get a break at the job :) thanks for your support. Take care.

SunRai Naturals

Im looking forward to trying them!! Just pledged today for one of the long packs. For some reason styling mousse makes my hair straighter when I combine it with some form of stretching so I want to experiment with these & see if I can get it a little straighter than a blown out look using mousse. Even still As a 4c girl with fine strands if I can only get it to a blowout look w/out heat I'll still be happy with that.

Hopefully the people who are on the fence about purchasing the actual product right now will still support through the smaller donations. A lot of us easily spend $5 to $10 trying out new products from bigger companies with no hesitation. It's important for us to build up & support our own when they are legit & have good ideas.

luckiestdestiny

Im looking forward to trying them!! Just pledged today for one of the long packs. For some reason styling mousse makes my hair straighter when I combine it with some form of stretching so I want to experiment with these & see if I can get it a little straighter than a blown out look using mousse. Even still As a 4c girl with fine strands if I can only get it to a blowout look w/out heat I'll still be happy with that.

Hopefully the people who are on the fence about purchasing the actual product right now will still support through the smaller donations. A lot of us easily spend $5 to $10 trying out new products from bigger companies with no hesitation. It's important for us to build up & support our own when they are legit & have good ideas.

This is a good point.:yep:

As for the mousse thing. Please tell more @SunRai Naturals
Any type of mousse helps you to have a smoother look when drying and stretching your hair? I never use mousse so this is fascinating.

Rastafarai

This sounds like a great product and I love to support black-owned businesses.

I do, however, have the following questions before placing my order:

- Is it possible to sleep in the plates? My hair can take forever to dry sometimes and I often need a good 24-hours to dry my hair without heat.

- I have fine hair. Are the plates going to be lightweight enough to not cause any breakage from weighing finer hair down?

luckiestdestiny

Hey Kelechi is it possible to add Amazon.co.uk as I do not have the US Amazon account. That way I can pledge. Thank you :)

I can answer that because I'm familiar with kickstater from my own campaigns and unfortunately it doesn't work that way. She can't change the way payments are accepted through amazon, but you as an international supporter should be able to pledge anyways. Kickstarter has rules and it attaches amazon its own way. Others are able to donate in other countries including UK so double check to see if your amazon account is recognized across the board because other wise she can't change the payment acceptance method of amazon.

But kickstarters that accept international can accept payment from all those signed up including internationally. I had tons of people around the world donating to my documentaries (from Germany to the UK and France) so it should not be a problem to donate to a U.S kickstarter internationally as long as she "accepts" international payments (and she does for a couple, scroll down to find the international listings). Once you find the international listings (it should says "accepts internationally), click that one and just go through the steps and follow the directions to register to have your amazon payment accepted.

Last edited:

SunRai Naturals

luckiestdestiny Thanks! In my days when I didn't have a clue about my hair I thought that mousse would make my hair curly (lol). So I put it on there and braided it and when I took my braids out, my hair was straight! So now when I want my hair to lay down flat I'll use mousse after putting some type of moisturizer on and then wrap it up and it works really well with straightening my hairs. I don't know if it is just works with my hair because I really don't have a curl pattern but I'm looking forward to trying it with the straight plates.

luckiestdestiny

@luckiestdestiny Thanks! In my days when I didn't have a clue about my hair I thought that mousse would make my hair curly (lol). So I put it on there and braided it and when I took my braids out, my hair was straight! So now when I want my hair to lay down flat I'll use mousse after putting some type of moisturizer on and then wrap it up and it works really well with straightening my hairs. I don't know if it is just works with my hair because I really don't have a curl pattern but I'm looking forward to trying it with the straight plates.

It may be a gift of no distinct curl pattern or not. I'm going to try it myself and find out as I'm in the fours but more like 4a. Either way I will test out this mousse theory. Thanks for the heads up!

Mousse and cwk straight plates.....hmmmm I'm sure I'll have to experiment and tweak but I'm really excited to try.

GraceJones

Ya'll she said she thought of the prototype while she was watch Real Housewives! Good does come from that show!! lmao

Nazaneen

this looks so encouraging to me that i think i will pledge.
its like culforers in way except for straightening hair.

Nazaneen

ok i watched part of a demo and what about long hair?
can you use two plates on one section of hair?

eta: i see that was answered in the vid lol

faithVA

We're stretching out on faith. Plus, I'd like to be a part of the launch of a new black owned company that is so innovative.

I agree. However, it turns out, but hoping very positively, it is a chance where we can support one of our own. This allows us to pool our resources and make something happen. I'm definitely glad to be a part of it.

Urban

I'm guessing my enquiry's been missed because everyone in the world is trying to get their questions answered too :lol:.

I'm international, and the international option you had stated in your initial post was the ALL STAR pack, but the Kick Starter page has the DIVA Pack as the international option. Card in hand, ready to donate, but I'd much rather the ALL STAR one.

onesoulsista

Is there way to make two seperate pledges? My girlfriends are interested in the plates but I don't want to share. How can I make an additional pledge?

virtuenow

Is there way to make two seperate pledges? My girlfriends are interested in the plates but I don't want to share. How can I make an additional pledge?

You can just create another Kickstarter profile (using a different email). You can name yourself "Anonymous"; or whatever name you want for your new profile.

Last edited:

Urban

You better reach out to JC, Kelechi. I think I saw a message that she left on your kickstarter and she's got 2 posts to support you now. She has a big audience and is someone you definitely want to be associated with.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I think i would go back to being a straight haired natural with these plates. i hate having to blowdry to get my hair straight.