what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

luckiestdestiny

You better reach out to JC, Kelechi. I think I saw a message that she left on your kickstarter and she's got 2 posts to support you now. She has a big audience and is someone you definitely want to be associated with.

Agreed never ignore the bloggers (and youtubers) they are your biggest asset. Why get to 100 percent when you can get to even more and show people that there is a huge need for this product (for stores to pick up a purchase order and even to find investors if you need them in the future). :grin: Get that money and also let people get that product:yep:

PlainJane

I'm excited for this. I was doing my hair today and was thinking to myself "I wish I had some of those xyz plate thingies to do my hair today". I'm just waiting on payday! :lol: :yep:

Muse

I wish I could see these on natural coarse 4B or 4C hair. The video said the little girl's hair is type 4 but it looked like 3c with some 4a mixed in. Her hair got silky just from brushing it.

Blairx0

I wish I could see these on natural coarse 4B or 4C hair. The video said the little girl's hair is type 4 but it looked like 3c with some 4a mixed in. Her hair got silky just from brushing it.

I'm with you! Some of the stuff I read says it will get kinker types blow dry/ Rollerset like straightness results.

Until I see otherwise it is just a lot of for a little result

luckiestdestiny

I'm with you! Some of the stuff I read says it will get kinker types blow dry/ Rollerset like straightness results.

Until I see otherwise it is just a lot of for a little result

It depends on your wants and needs. For someone like me with hip length hair (hair is longer than pic I need an update lol for my siggy)...flat ironing my hair for a million years (okay it doesn't take a million years but it takes multiple hours of arm and hand cramping fun) is just not the bizness. neither is banding (waiting for it to dry, etc). But it mentions that 1) hair air dries faster because of the way it's made and hair is not in layers but lying flat on the plate which is excellent for either air drying or low hooded dryer setting.

To me that means less work for me all and all it keeps my hair stretched quicker and drying faster and that's definitely a plus for me.

Now you may be right, or you may be wrong for sure. It is a risk and you have to decide if you're willing to take it or wait around for the next round of plates if they really work.

If they work, then she's off to a great start. If they don't...there's a challenge going on and she will crash and burn because I know the ladies at lhcf will shout to the heavens about this product in varying threads and how it does not work or if it does how it's a game changer. I'm hoping for her being off to a great start and this product being a game changer and for her to soar instead because my instinct tells me it will work. But yes, she's taking a risk by promising all of this just as we're taking one to believe in her and support a black business owner who has what appears to be an innovative product (as seen in a video where kinkier textures are highlighted more so than in most hair videos).

That's just my take on it all. I'm willing to take a risk and support a new business. I did see the two hair textures and am satisfied that it will stretch my hair enough that the product may be worth it (I will access things like "breakage, etc" over time but hope that they are as gentle as it seems). But with any new product for black hair even the curlformers...we had to take a leap. I guess it just matters if we're willing to or want to wait. I am usually on the fence waiting but for this product I'm willing to take a leap. And my product junkie days are far behind me. I'm satisfied with my reggie and don't like to "mix it up" but this product has me so excited I'm willing to go out on a limb for it. But to each their own of course.:yep:

Last edited:

Blairx0

It depends on your wants and needs. For someone like me with hip length hair (hair is longer than pic I need an update lol for my siggy)...flat ironing my hair for a million years (okay it doesn't take a million years but it takes multiple hours of arm and hand cramping fun) is just not the bizness. neither is banding (waiting for it to dry, etc). But it mentions that 1) hair air dries faster because of the way it's made and hair is not in layers but lying flat on the plate which is excellent for either air drying or low hooded dryer setting.

To me that means less work for me all and all it keeps my hair stretched quicker and drying faster and that's definitely a plus for me.

Now you may be right, or you may be wrong for sure. It is a risk and you have to decide if you're willing to take it or wait around for the next round of plates if they really work.

If they work, then she's off to a great start. If they don't...there's a challenge going on and she will crash and burn because I know the ladies at lhcf will shout to the heavens about this product in varying threads and how it does not work or if it does how it's a game changer. I'm hoping for her being off to a great start and this product being a game changer and for her to soar instead because my instinct tells me it will work. But yes, she's taking a risk by promising all of this just as we're taking one to believe in her and support a black business owner who has what appears to be an innovative product (as seen in a video where kinkier textures are highlighted more so than in most hair videos).

That's just my take on it all. I'm willing to take a risk and support a new business. I did see the two hair textures and am satisfied that it will stretch my hair enough that the product may be worth it (I will access things like "breakage, etc" over time but hope that they are as gentle as it seems). But with any new product for black hair even the curlformers...we had to take a leap. I guess it just matters if we're willing to or want to wait. I am usually on the fence waiting but for this product I'm willing to take a leap. And my product junkie days are far behind me. I'm satisfied with my reggie and don't like to "mix it up" but this product has me so excited I'm willing to go out on a limb for it. But to each their own of course.:yep:

I will be looking forward to your results

knbradley

This sounds like a great product and I love to support black-owned businesses. I do, however, have the following questions before placing my order: - Is it possible to sleep in the plates? My hair can take forever to dry sometimes and I often need a good 24-hours to dry my hair without heat. - I have fine hair. Are the plates going to be lightweight enough to not cause any breakage from weighing finer hair down?

Hello, thank you for the kind words! I sleep in my plates sometimes, it's not my sexiest night (LOL( but it's possible. When I know I want to sleep in them I have to apply them in a way where I can simply pull plates up into a pineapple :)

Drying time depends on the thickness of hair. My hair usually dries pretty fast bc my hair is pretty fine. Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without-http://youtu.be/CJlTt02SUis

knbradley

I'm guessing my enquiry's been missed because everyone in the world is trying to get their questions answered too :lol:. I'm international, and the international option you had stated in your initial post was the ALL STAR pack, but the Kick Starter page has the DIVA Pack as the international option. Card in hand, ready to donate, but I'd much rather the ALL STAR one.

Hello friend!!! I am so sorry girl, I promise I have been trying my best to answer all messages in a timely manner but I have a GREAT problem... My inbox is pooping and the messages are coming in faster than I can even respond... Lol.

I am going to change the international set to and All Star Set tonight :) sorry for the delay. It will be the same price as the other All Star Set plus the additional shipping cost. Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

knbradley

JC of The Natural Haven wrote a second post on her blog about the project. http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/05/cwk-straight-plates-kickstarter-q.html?m=1 Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I am so honored with the support that I am getting from all of my CWK Sisters! You are amazing....this article is unbelievable and I really appreciate you answering questions for me. I am trying to keep up with the questions but between working, baseball for two boys, being a wifey and much more I sometimes miss a few. I really can't express how happy I am and overjoyed with the amount of support I have been getting from my sisters. Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

knbradley

Is there way to make two seperate pledges? My girlfriends are interested in the plates but I don't want to share. How can I make an additional pledge?

Lol... You are so funny!!! I think you can make two pledges. Of not, she might have to go online and order hers :) I don't blame you girl, my sister has been trying to steal mine too!!

Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

knbradley

You can just create another Kickstarter profile (using a different email). You can name yourself "Anonymous"; or whatever name you want for your new profile.

Thanks Sis!!! These are great questions !! Some of them I have to go back and do some research on. I was just about to look up the answer and you beat me to the punch... Lol. I love it!! Take care lady!

Fingers crossed.... We may reach the goal tomorrow if we keep up this momentum :)

knbradley

You better reach out to JC, Kelechi. I think I saw a message that she left on your kickstarter and she's got 2 posts to support you now. She has a big audience and is someone you definitely want to be associated with.

Hello CWK Sis,

I missed that one. Who is JC? Please inbox me with more details. I just went back and checked my kickstarter messages but I didn't see it. Please advice and thanks for looking out ! I appreciate it and will definitely get in touch with her soon. Take care!

knbradley

I'm excited for this. I was doing my hair today and was thinking to myself "I wish I had some of those xyz plate thingies to do my hair today". I'm just waiting on payday! :lol: :yep:

XYZ plates... Too funny !!! I love it girl. I can't wait to ship them out to my CWK Sisters :) Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

knbradley

Agreed never ignore the bloggers (and youtubers) they are your biggest asset. Why get to 100 percent when you can get to even more and show people that there is a huge need for this product (for stores to pick up a purchase order and even to find investors if you need them in the future). :grin: Get that money and also let people get that product:yep:

Hey CWK Sis!!! Which blogger is she speaking of? I went back searching for it but can't find it. I have been in contact with several bloggers and want to make sure I am not missing out on my blessings :) inbox me her details if you know it. I need to reach out to her. Thanks chicka!

knbradley

It depends on your wants and needs. For someone like me with hip length hair (hair is longer than pic I need an update lol for my siggy)...flat ironing my hair for a million years (okay it doesn't take a million years but it takes multiple hours of arm and hand cramping fun) is just not the bizness. neither is banding (waiting for it to dry, etc). But it mentions that 1) hair air dries faster because of the way it's made and hair is not in layers but lying flat on the plate which is excellent for either air drying or low hooded dryer setting. To me that means less work for me all and all it keeps my hair stretched quicker and drying faster and that's definitely a plus for me. Now you may be right, or you may be wrong for sure. It is a risk and you have to decide if you're willing to take it or wait around for the next round of plates if they really work. If they work, then she's off to a great start. If they don't...there's a challenge going on and she will crash and burn because I know the ladies at lhcf will shout to the heavens about this product in varying threads and how it does not work or if it does how it's a game changer. I'm hoping for her being off to a great start and this product being a game changer and for her to soar instead because my instinct tells me it will work. But yes, she's taking a risk by promising all of this just as we're taking one to believe in her and support a black business owner who has what appears to be an innovative product (as seen in a video where kinkier textures are highlighted more so than in most hair videos). That's just my take on it all. I'm willing to take a risk and support a new business. I did see the two hair textures and am satisfied that it will stretch my hair enough that the product may be worth it (I will access things like "breakage, etc" over time but hope that they are as gentle as it seems). But with any new product for black hair even the curlformers...we had to take a leap. I guess it just matters if we're willing to or want to wait. I am usually on the fence waiting but for this product I'm willing to take a leap. And my product junkie days are far behind me. I'm satisfied with my reggie and don't like to "mix it up" but this product has me so excited I'm willing to go out on a limb for it. But to each their own of course.:yep:

Hello, thank you for your kind words and for taking that leap of faith with me :) Also, thank you for explaining in such details your thoughts on this project. I cannot wait to get this product in your hands,so my CWK Sisters can start posting their results on YouTube for the world to see. Results are going to vary by hair type. The plates are VERY easy to apply.... Think of a huge barrette in your hair. The plates snap down tight on hair... Stretching out the curls. It is going to great to see how girls will use them. I have heard all sorts of ideas on this site. Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

virtuenow

knbradley do you know how to multiquote? It will be so much eaisier for you to reply to multiple posts. At the bottom of everyone's post that you want to respond to, just click "multiquote" (it will highlight to the color pink). Once you get to the last person [in that string] you want to respond to just hit "quote". All of those quotes (that you highlighted and selected) will show up in one reply box, it saves you time-- its easier to follow, and more efficient.

Soratachi

Thanks to virtuenow I ordered the 2 international packs with different kickstarter accounts but same amazon.co.uk account (one amazon account is valid for all amazon website). I'm getting the medium and long diva pack.
This will give me a total of 18 long plates, 50 medium plates and 30 small plates.
I'm sure once my hair gets longer I will buy more of the long plates.

My hair needs to be streched in order to retain all my growth . Sleeping with butterfly clips is painful(blame laziness).

virtuenow

Thanks to @virtuenow I ordered the 2 international packs with different kickstarter accounts but same amazon.co.uk account (one amazon account is valid for all amazon website). I'm getting the medium and long diva pack.
This will give me a total of 18 long plates, 50 medium plates and 30 small plates.
I'm sure once my hair gets longer I will buy more of the long plates.

My hair needs to be streched in order to retain all my growth . Sleeping with butterfly clips is painful(blame laziness).

Soratachi Oh that's great, you have plenty of plates. Are you kidding me, butterfly clips?! I won't even put them in my hair for style/prepping purposes. They hurt so much. They have all the indicators of a damaging device b/c they clamp so tight. Have you thought of big twists or braids at night. Relief is coming soon :).

Urban

Hello friend!!! I am so sorry girl, I promise I have been trying my best to answer all messages in a timely manner but I have a GREAT problem... My inbox is pooping and the messages are coming in faster than I can even respond... Lol.

I am going to change the international set to and All Star Set tonight :) sorry for the delay. It will be the same price as the other All Star Set plus the additional shipping cost. Thanks for viewing my campaign, please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

Ok, please do before the campaign closes! It won't be too long now (YAY!!) and I really don't want to miss out on being part of this.

Soratachi

@Soratachi Oh that's great, you have plenty of plates. Are you kidding me, butterfly clips?! I won't even put them in my hair for style/prepping purposes. They hurt so much. They have all the indicators of a damaging device b/c they clamp so tight. Have you thought of big twists or braids at night. Relief is coming soon :).

virtuenow Yes, they are the debil!! :lol: I stopped using them and now I section and pineapple my hair.
Can't wait for the rescue team to be here. :grin:

knbradley

You need to contact the owner of BGLH on the website to do an article on your product.
This is the link
http://blackgirllonghair.com/about/contact/

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Woah guys did you see the numbers?! We are almost at $8000 and not even a week has passed! I am so excited about this product!