What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

• Total voters

4evershika

All of them cause I cut too much. Over a year to hit APL and it's looking like roughly a year to BSL.

Sent from my iPhone (a.k.a. my third hand!)

kblc06

For me it was BSL, but now WL. I think I'll get to WL sooner than I got to BSL though.

All of them cause I cut too much. Over a year to hit APL and it's looking like roughly a year to BSL.

Sent from my iPhone (a.k.a. my third hand!)

If I'm truly honest with myself, I would have to say the bolded is true for me also. :ohwell: There's no logical reason I shouldn't be TBL by now with all the hair I've cut

Last edited:

Shadiyah

man it seem like forever to get to bsl. I may be there right now but I just don't feel like straightening my hair for find out.

I really it will not take as long to get to mbl because once I get there it will not be too far from my goal...

missjones

I haven't been able to get to APL. BCing didn't really help me get there :perplexed but hopefully taking better care of my hair will get me there.

This year would be nice :look:

Lucia

Man I can't seem to ever get to full APL.
The back of my hair is there but the front stays at shoulder.
Sucks.

YasashiiSekai

Are you wearing your hair down and out alot, if so maybe you should moisture DC more so that you can get passed that length. My personal experience PSing and keeping those ends moist and tucked under even baggied will get you to any goal without hiccups. HTH

ETA: the key to getting to lengths between shoulder to BSL is keeping those ends moist and tucked in. If your hair is out getting dry and especially rubbing against your shoulders it will take forever if you get there at all.

Last edited:

Kurlee

WL. It eludes me. Still at MBL. It's slowly thickening and creeping down there and the layers are flattening, but my gosh :mad:

YasashiiSekai

YasashiiSekai

Are you wearing your hair down and out alot, if so maybe you should moisture DC more so that you can get passed that length. My personal experience PSing and keeping those ends moist and tucked under even baggied will get you to any goal without hiccups. HTH

ETA: the key to getting to lengths between shoulder to BSL is keeping those ends moist and tucked in. If your hair is out getting dry and especially rubbing against your shoulders it will take forever if you get there at all.

No actually I wear my hair in buns 95% of the time....the other 5% my hair is in cornrows under a wig. I straighten my hair like twice a year. I have fallen back recently on moisture though, but I've been at this length for about a year now. I'm thinking maybe my hair has gotten used to the products because they don't seem to be working like they used to, but I'm having trouble finding new ones that my hair will like.

Lucia

No actually I wear my hair in buns 95% of the time....the other 5% my hair is in cornrows under a wig. I straighten my hair like twice a year. I have fallen back recently on moisture though, but I've been at this length for about a year now. I'm thinking maybe my hair has gotten used to the products because they don't seem to be working like they used to, but I'm having trouble finding new ones that my hair will like.

YasashiiSekai

Well aside from trimming too often maybe you should try oil scalp massages 3x/week maybe with an ayurvedic oil but plain old essential oil or evoo evco castor etc... works fine too. Check to make sure that your buns aren't putting toomuch stress on your hair. Keep up the moisture by DCing more often.
Maybe you need to clarify before considering changing products.
If the products you're using keep your hair healthy and moisturized there is no need to change and jump on bandwagons. Unless you want to use mostly natural or all natural and that's another thing. HHG

Vashti

I think full APL is going to be hard for me. Mostly because I've been slacking for the past few months.

TheNDofUO

APL is hard because im having a hard time determining am i really armpit..and if i am i it took a long time because i got my hair cut in march this year collarbone/shoulder legnth and now its decemeber and im still trying to figure out am i APL..in the back its really close to APL but i pull it to the front and its about shoulders. smh i want my front and back to be APL

If you turn your head as close to a 90 degrees angle pointing towards one shoulder you can pull your hair in the back on the opposite shoulder to the front and that should be the closest thing to accurate for shortish hair. A diagram I found on Hairlista taught me.

HTH

HautePinkHeels

If I could vote for two I'd say both APL and BSL.

Before I went natural I hit APL within 8 months of starting my HHJ and never made it to full APL after a few setbacks and discouragements...

Now that I'm natural, it seems like I should have been at APL already but I still have at least an inch to go before I'm even touching APL. I'm slightly irritated but have resolved to no longer focusing on length so much in 2012.

Aggie

I think I will be concentrating my efforts on full apl from now on and no longer. I know I will be very happy with this length seeing it was very hard for me to get there before. Now after my 2nd big chop, full healthy apl, here I come....again!

Last edited:

TeeSGee

Full MBL. I feel like i've been MBL for over a yr now. this year i plan on changing things up a bit to make my goal of Waist Length. So far i've revamped my regi and instead of blow drying and flat ironing once wkly i've started rollersetting and only flat ironing the roots and my hair seems so much healthier

Victorian

old head
MBL is/was the hardest for me to reach. I did it once a few years ago, before I was wearing my hair straightened all the time.
My hair flies to APL without much effort, then creeps quietly to BSB if I leave it alone enough, then just kind of sits there like, "What? You wanted me to keep going??" :lol:

PennyK

I voted WL, because every time I reach it, I end up having to cut off 3-4 inches and start over again :ohwell:

I'm grazing WL now and that's after I got my trim :grin:

NYAmicas

Seeker
MBL. Ive been bra strap but I get lazy and careless or something but I am determined this year to get some great results!

RoseTintedCheeks

APL was hard for sure. BSL and now MBL have been walks in the park compared to the illustrious APL. APL is tough to get to. Maybe that's why so many people consider it to be long hair. Just a theory..

DarkAngell

full hip. once i got a routine down and started really maintaining my hair, the other lengths seamed like a breeze but now my ends keep getting frayed once they reach hl and i end up having to sacrifice a couple of inches.

Aviah

I'm not sure. The furthest I ever got was just hovering above/scraping BSB. Its seems APL takes the longest because its where I spent most of my hair journey. I think I just hair-watch the most between SL and APL. Hoping to make it in the next two months!