What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

• Total voters

D.Lisha

APL! I don't get it...seems like everytime I get there (or at least I'm closely approaching the territory) some drama always has to go down (and by drama I mean: SHS, One side is longer than the other, breakage.......and a host of other things that could go wrong!)

CrissieD

Full anything. I am MBL now and. Still not full BSL. It's so weird. It's mainly because my hair grows in layers and is thin.

SimJam

APL, gosh when I was relaxed I breezed from NLt o about 2 inches from APL then sat there creeping for a whole year.

same thing now that Im natural breezed to CBL from a caeser cut in 1 year and now at snails pace to reach APL

3 years later :nono:
Ive reached APL and sat there for months, then I get upset and cut it.

Im now in another grow out phase :perplexed

edit to add: My issue when my hair gets longer (older) is split ends

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Bsl takes the longest. The distance between apl and bsl on me is 5 inches...I am a slow grower so it will take over a year. When i was relaxed it took about 15 months to go from apl to bsl

Marand13

I have been at APL for the longest time now. I have been able to grow past it several times but getting to BSL has always been the biggest challenge for me. :yep:

BostonMaria

I zoomed through SL, BSL, and MBL... I've been at waist length forever and a day LOL and I should be very close to tailbone but its taken me a while. Or at least it feels that way.

I thought for sure this Poll results would be bra strap length. I was surprised to see APL at 45%.

I posted this three years ago and I'm still not tailbone length. I opted for hip length instead and nada. I think my terminal length is purgatory (between WL and hip) and I'm now ok with that.

Fotchygirl

Wow, it looks like APL and BSL are the toughest to reach for most of us. I'm trying to get to APL myself but I haven't been at it for too long so hopefully I will get there by December.

melahnee

Seems like waistlength has been hardest to me, possibly because I wear my bra pretty high. I'm MBL, but it might be BSL on those who wear their bras extra low. I really hated APL to BSL though.

melahnee

I'm the odd one out. APL wasn't hard to me :spinning: I felt BSB/BSL for way, way too long though. Sometimes I still feel like a "long" BSL, but my hair is def. an inch or more past my strap.

ikandi87

I never been past SL pre HHJ but im making progress. I been trimming off texlaxed ends so I might have made APL this year but im aiming for March '15. I guess I can't speak on other lengths yet but I have a feeling BSB and BSL shouldn't take me too long....*fingers crossed*

Angelbean

I feel like getting past mbl is the hardest because it seems as if I have been this length for a while!

bronzephoenix

So far, WL has been the most elusive goal. Somewhere between BSL and MBL, I get really anxious and reckless every time... I blame myself for all of the setbacks I've encountered when I was nearly there.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Victoria44

WL. The longer my hair gets the less dedicated I am, the less hair I retain year by year. I'm probably grazing WL now and it can easily take another 2-3 yrs to be full WL

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
WL. The longer my hair gets the less dedicated I am, the less hair I retain year by year. I'm probably grazing WL now and it can easily take another 2-3 yrs to be full WL

This is me. I actually made WL a few months ago without realizing it, but I gave myself a trim so now it's back to grazing. I felt like I was MBL forever (like 2 years) before I finally realized I'd made WL.

ezina

MBL...I made it but trimmed heavily (last week) because I haven't trimmed since my big chop last year. Lots of split ends. Now I'm back to BSL. But I hope to be full MBL by May 2015, which puts me six months behind schedule. Ah well. Health before length.

CarLiTa

Getting past MBL. I don't know if it is that I'm slacking or that my hair just needs an extra push to get over the MBL push. I feel like I've been here almost all year. Yet at the same time I see progress.

I need to change my regimen if I want to make it to waist by beginning of next year. I'd love to do my hair for new years' and have it reach my waist. So elusive.

bklynbornNbred

I hit the wrong button - voted BSL but should have been APL. That took forever but after I reached I hit BSL about 5 months afterwards. Should be full BSL by end of this year.

I guess BSL was the correct answer. Three years later and my hair still isn't at full BSL (well by my standards). There are pieces that actually look MBL but I have not been able to achieve the overall thick hem line I used to have when I paid little attention to it.

AFashionSlave

I don't really try to get to waist length.
I start to abuse my hair at bra strap length because it takes too long to get dry.

I would like to get to waist length, but not really.

Lucia

It was passing MBL it was the MBL dessert I sat there for months and months until grazing WL
Now it's reaching HL TL but earlier this year I trimmed too often

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Full waist-length and full armpit length.

I can't wait to reach w'hip and hip length.

Tailbone and Classic feel like fairy tale dreams to me :love:.

MzOptimistic

Seems like the hardest goal is reaching MBL again but I know it's because I've been trimming. I'm not trimming anymore until next year. My ends are in perfect condition. Come on MB:lick:

ImanAdero

Getting to BSL and getting to Waist Length.

Hands down. Between scissor happy stylists and my hair just being like, "Nope" those two have been hardest.