Your next hair length goal....how close are you

Healthb4Length

Re: Your next hair length goal....how close are yo

unfortunately I'm off on my goal to attain bra strap lenght. My FORMER stylist trimmed off 3 inches from my lengh which was 11-12''at the time and also completely ripped out the back middle sections of my hair, so right now I have 8-10(?) inches plus 4 inches of new growth but it all has to be evened out! ARG

HOTCHOCOLATE

I'm 2.5" from my first goal. I'll be getting my retouch tomorrow(10 wks). I'm comfortable in thinking I'll at least get an inch, but I soooo want 1.5".

WaterMoccasin

My next/first hair length goal= bra-strap. I am about an inch (actually less) away in the back.
The thing is, bra-strap on me is shorter than most others cuz somehow, my bra-strap is really high! About 6 inches past shoulders is bra-strap to me. The back is millimetering along, but the sides are really thriving and catching up with the back which is great!

So all-around bra-strap is now my Aug/Sept goal.

teenie

Next goal is all one length healthy waist length hair. How close am I? I don't know. To view me from the back I would say about 5 inches or so, from the front more like 10.

Ebony

I was at end of bra strap by Sept/Oct 2003 & got a small trim in Nov which left me at the top of bra strap. Nov was also the time of my last touch up, so I'm due. I have tons of new growth & am awaiting my touch up to see what I've got! I'll be sure to post pics.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"

I want to get back to shoulder length, I have no idea how long it will take, but i'd say i'm at least 5/6 inches away.

x

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

I want bra-strap length by the end of 2004 and I am about 5-6 inches away...will I achieve those 5-6 inches in 7 months???
If not, I will be happy with 3-4 inches by Dec. 31, 2004!

carameldiva

My first goal is 6 inches- currently 2 inches away from that goal.

My second goal is 10 inches by Dec. 2004.

NGC

I am about 2.5 from bra-strap in back and about 5 inches form bottom of bra-strap in front. I hope to reach bra-strap by December (back) and by April 2005 (front). I hope to be three inches below bra-strap by April 2005 (back) and by August 2005 front.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 3.5 inches to reach my next goal of 4 inches past bra strap (i will most likely reach my goal sometime in October) so i'm curious to know how much further everyone else has to go until they reach their next goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Update.....after my mini-cut, i have about 1 more inch to go before i reach my goal next goal of bra strap and 5 more to reach my final goal of 4 inches past bra strap.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I'm only 15 inches from bra strap...YAY!!! (where's the man beating his head against the wall when I need him? dog gone Big Chop!!!) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tai

My first hair goal is collarbone and it looks like I've just achieved that. I'll have to blow out my hair to be 100 % sure. It's a bit past collarbone when it's wet. My second goal is between my shoulder blades, then armpit, bra strap and then waist. Hopefully by the time I reach bra strap, I'll be able to cut off my texturized ends.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Well I measured this morning and just updated my siggy. So check me out!
Mission Accomplished!!! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif And on time too!!!

I'm now on my way to goal #2. As of today, 10/1/04, I'm currently @ 21.5" (hairline-tip)/18.5"(crown-tip). /images/graemlins/weird.gif I was so excited I forgot to measure my sides before they started shrinking, so I'm not sure of the exact measurement. But they have been outpacing my back thus far, so I know they met the goal, but I'm not certain of the add'l length gained (in addition to the 16").

I'm having a Happy Friday!!! /images/graemlins/party2.gif I wish you Ladies all the same!!! Congrats on reaching your goals Ladies!

model_chick717

My one and only goal is bra-strap length. I'm like 5-6 inches away. Actually, this is the first time in my life that I actually decided to let my hair grow that far. I've always kept it a couple inches past collarbone length...

Growingitlong

I am so far away and it seems like I will never get there. I just feel like crying right now. I had a trim this week and was jusst checking my hair and it loosk lke I have not made any progress this whole year in terms of length. This is so frustrating. I follow all the rules, so why did I not gain any length? I probably gained one inch for the whole year. well my year is not quite up I stillhave this month of Ottober to go but I can't be expecting any miracles.
I moisturize twice a day, wash and deep condtion one or two times a week, do protein treatments every six to eight weeks. What do I have to do again, for pete's sake (who ever Pete is). Am I destined to have short hair? It ain't right, I tell ya!

I have decided after my trim to follow the baggie technique for the next year. I also just did a full jAphogee stink treatment. So it's going to be paggie and phony pny for me this next year. I am giving this hair thing one more year, after that I give up.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Sengschick /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Tami!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I gotta take some pics & update the album now /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
/images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Nanyanika

I'm 3-4 inches away from waist length in the back, I may reach this goal by March 2005. i probably need 5 more inches in the front,to reach waist length estimated time September 2005.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
I am so far away and it seems like I will never get there. I just feel like crying right now. I had a trim this week and was jusst checking my hair and it loosk lke I have not made any progress this whole year in terms of length. This is so frustrating. I follow all the rules, so why did I not gain any length? I probably gained one inch for the whole year. well my year is not quite up I stillhave this month of Ottober to go but I can't be expecting any miracles.
I moisturize twice a day, wash and deep condtion one or two times a week, do protein treatments every six to eight weeks. What do I have to do again, for pete's sake (who ever Pete is). Am I destined to have short hair? It ain't right, I tell ya!

I have decided after my trim to follow the baggie technique for the next year. I also just did a full jAphogee stink treatment. So it's going to be paggie and phony pny for me this next year. I am giving this hair thing one more year, after that I give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/Rose.gif ((((Growitlong))))) Please don't give up. You can do this. Try the baggie method, try anything that you haven't yet that you think might change your hair and try deconstructing your current routine and searching for flaws. It's possible that it's in a resting stage or that you could make some dietary changes that might reverse this trend. If you're doing everything right your hair @ least has to be healthier. You may have a whole new head of hair that appears to be the same length b/c the old stuff was damaged and couldn't make the transition. I'm sure your hair has improved, so look for the positive and keep doing what's healthy for your hair, be it long or otherwise.

Stay encouraged and don't relent. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif
~SC

itismehmmkay

My main next hair goal is shoulder-length while curly (I'm still relaxed, but I want it to be shoulder-length even after using rollers). I know I'll be there by next year around this time. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Faith

I'm about 2.5-3" away from my waist..I'll know for sure when I texturize in 3 1/2 weeks.

Growingitlong ...don't give up. I've been about 3" from waist for about 1 1/2 years. I know it'll get there but I thin my hair is just going through some stages. Hang in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aqualung

I'm an inch from bra strap now. I'll get there by New Years with biotin, Viviscal, Surge UltraMax, and buns.

Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror with my head tilted back and pretend that my hair is SOOOO LOOOONG!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My next goal is waist length. I have about 3 inches to go, so I'm not sure I'll make it to December. But I'm hoping!