2012 HYH Challenge Session 2 - July 1- December 31, 2012

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Sorry I missed this.

I don't wash while in braids. I moisturize weekly and grease my scalp with Hairitage Hydration creams.

I have washed in my braids but suffer with my hair matting up. So I only leave the braids in for 3 weeks maximum. I try to leave my hair out for a week in between each braid up. GIve it a little extra conditioning. As you know I have my months where I braid it up and then my times where I don't. So during the times when it isn't braided I wash weekly.

ZebraPrintLover

See I wouldnt be able to wash my hair either cause I KNOW it would matt the heck up.

Hello!

Have you been in this challenge before? what was your experience?
I've been in this challenge before & I've had a lot of process.

What length are you now?
Right now at the top of BSL.

What Length do you believe you'll be by the end of this challenge?
Mid-Back would be nice by Dec.

WHat styles do you plan on wearing?
I like weaves, but I'm also a cheap person so I will bun and wear braidouts.

How often do switch up styles?
Weaves every 8 to10 weeks.

Any Advice for anyone just starting out:
Hiding your hair also mines protecting and taking care of it.

ms.tatiana I am stuck on you using 30 lbs + for the summer.
***Pssstttt What you do? :look:

ms.tatiana

ZebraPrintLover

But girl I went to the doctor about 5 months ago and I was 198 and I couldn't believe it. I got slow and was always tired, but since I had graduation in May I knew I had to drop some weight. So I started eating 3 meals a day and walking, then started running and I've been losing ever since. Still overweight when I look at my BMI but I feel better and hopefully I lose more weight.

JJamiah

In 17 months I plan on cutting my hair. HUH! I think it will bring me BACK to APL or very close to BSL, and I figure it will take me one year to get to MBL from there!

I know I plan Way AHEAD, that is just how my brain works. :giggle:

I am looking at my hair schedule and from November to April (1st week of each) I plan to wig it! :yep:

From April - September ( wash and goes, braid outs, twist outs, and bantu knot outs, braids)

September and October (curl Formers)

So my styling is more controlled and I love this :yep:

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hey ladies.....what yall up to?

I am chilling with celies in my head and and hiding under hats until I get a wig I like.

JJamiah

:cry2: I am struggling not to remove these braids from my hair until Sunday :giggle:

HUH, as well as using www.google.com in all the worst ways. saving hairstyles to an album so I can have ideas. I tell you... Whew. Searching is a beast LOL

I just hate that the same hair styles are there like 40 times on one page.

This weekend I am going to Henna, I am long over due. :yep: Maybe on Sunday!

I am going to mix the henna with hot coffee! Going to reuse the K-Cup and get a second cup to use for my hair. YUMMY hazelnut :giggle: slap it on my head then drink the first cup while I wait for 3 hours :grin: Yay!

hair4romheaven

Plan on taking down my month old braids and do a cassia, brahmi, neem etc treatment and braid it back up. I think the limit for my braids are 3 weeks. Seems by week 4 my ends are having a orgy. (tangled) LOL

hair4romheaven

JJamiah when I was texlaxed & transitioning 4 weeks + was no problem. I wish my hair can stay in braids longer cause I love the ease of doing nothing except throwing on a wig! LOL
I have to get my nails done because the snags will do me in.

charmtreese

Im in!!! Woot Woot!!! :grin:

Introduce yourself: HI!!! :grin:
Have you been in this challenge before? Yup!
what was your experience? Loved it!
what length are you now? I have about 6 inches of hair on my head currently, that shrinks up to about 1/2 inch when wet!:look:
What Length do you believe you'll be by the end of this challenge? Shooting HARD for 4 more inches by the end of the challenge.
WHat styles do you plan on wearing? Phoney ponies, braids, weaves
How often do switch up styles? braids - 8weeks at a time, weaves - 12 weeks at a time, phoney ponies between installs.

JJamiah

:welcome:

Welcome charmtreese I love the eager excitement you have there :grin:

Welcome ojemba :) I gotcha even though you were quiet about it :giggle:

I am happy you all could join us.

I wanted to thank everyone in this challenge :) :grouphug:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
:cry2: I am struggling not to remove these braids from my hair until Sunday :giggle:

JJamiah, leave them braids alone and sat down lady :lol::lol:

Im in!!! Woot Woot!!! :grin:

Introduce yourself: HI!!! :grin:
Have you been in this challenge before? Yup!
what was your experience? Loved it!
what length are you now? I have about 6 inches of hair on my head currently, that shrinks up to about 1/2 inch when wet!:look:
What Length do you believe you'll be by the end of this challenge? Shooting HARD for 4 more inches by the end of the challenge.
WHat styles do you plan on wearing? Phoney ponies, braids, weaves
How often do switch up styles? braids - 8weeks at a time, weaves - 12 weeks at a time, phoney ponies between installs.

charmtreese
When you cut your hair?

CurlsBazillion

This challenge is becoming just a way of life! I have no real desire to wear my hair out. Buns and wigs are all I know and whenever I think hey I should let my hair down I always opt out because I keep my hair stretched and I end up just put oil on it and putting it back in the bun.

JJamiah

^^Curlsbazillion actually that is how I feel. It is honestly no longer a challenge to do so. I don't think it ever really was. It is just more evident now :giggle:

charmtreese

@charmtreese
When you cut your hair?[/QUOTE]

I had it cut into an angled bob June 2011 (which is also the last time i relaxed it), then I started to transition after that. I've been cutting off the relaxed hair for awhile now...Im totally naturally in the back I have a little bit of relaxed ends in the front...I think when I take these braids out I will cut off the rest. :look:

ojemba

JJamiah GURLLL you know I've been longing for this thread. I just haven't checked in a while so that's why I'm so late. Took my braids out and Weaved up already... I'm ready to GROWWW!!! I'll post my info soon and a pic of the new doo.

:welcome:

Welcome @charmtreese I love the eager excitement you have there :grin:

Welcome @ojemba :) I gotcha even though you were quiet about it :giggle:

I am happy you all could join us.

I wanted to thank everyone in this challenge :) :grouphug:

ojemba

Introduce yourself: Dianne
This will be my 3rd time doing a this challenge

what length are you now?
I'm now Neck length Natural after cutting my MBL relaxed hiar.

hmmm I'm looking for inches so I hope I gain my base 3 inches.

WHat styles do you plan on wearing?
I plan to wear a full head weave (which I installed yesterday) then Kinky twist towards the end

I'm keeping this weave for 10-12 weeks, take a 2 week break then kinky twist for about 6-8 weeks.

Take it one day at a time and always check-in with the ladies when you'r feeling discouraged.

image-1554884878.jpg

Full head weave PS #1

Last edited:

JJamiah

ojemba I told you I'd start it if no one took the leap LOL!

I love this challenge and I know I said I wasn't joining. I didn't want to see it die out. It is a great challenge. :) and Easy for me to do :giggle:

ms.tatiana

Wore a braidout all last week never got any good pictures, this week from wash day Thursday I will be doing a side part or down the middle part sock bun.

Can u sign me up for this challenge plz? I'm currently braided up and probably will remain so for the rest of the year. I need to give the wigs a break :(

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

FoxxyLocs

Washed my braids and DCd last night. They've been in for a week now. Hoping to get 3 more. So far they still look fresh.

I'm thinking of trying a sew in with a closure. I'm researching hair now. I'll probably do it sometime this fall. I want to do it myself because I don't think I can keep it in for more than a couple of weeks. Don't want to waste my money having someone else install it.

Sent from my HTC Evo

hair4romheaven

Doing my cassia treatment right now. Will dc after, blow dry & braid it back up. Hair can be so time consuming. Thank goodness im hiding it & dont have to deal with it except once a month.

irisak

# Have you been in this challenge before? what was your experience?
I've never been in this challenge, but it's perfect for me especially since I've learned that I retain the most when I protect my hair from me lol.
# what length are you now?
mostly APL except for the very front.
# What Length do you believe you'll be by the end of this challenge?
I hope to be BSB. I'm really top heavy so BSL is like MBL on me.
# WHat styles do you plan on wearing?
sewins, phony ponies, buns, I might even try braids.
# How often do switch up styles?
every 4-6 weeks with sewi-ns, Every two days or so when my hair is out.
# Any Advice for anyone just starting out:
I'm still trying to soak up advice myself lol.

JJamiah

:welcome: ladies :grin:

So guess who is trying another braid out :look:

Ladies, I have twist out way before joining this forum, and Bantu knot out.

I have never done a successful both sides of my head braid out. :nono: one side looked awesome... the other like a used mop head :nono:

I have googled, youtubed, searched and binged my but off, and I still get that one side that looks like..........a mess! :burn:

jayjaycurlz

Introduce yourself:

I'm currently in the APL challenge. It's nice to share an experience with ladies on the board and learn from each other.

What length are you now?
Few hairs grazing APL

I'd like to be full APL

What styles do you plan on wearing?
Wigs, wigs, wigs, oh yea phony ponies and buns :look:......

Every week, whenever the mood strikes me...

Be patient. I've been transitioning w/o bcing for 4 four years.

ooops! Starting pic:

Attachments

• back1.JPG
    back1.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 16

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@charmtreese
When you cut your hair?

I had it cut into an angled bob June 2011 (which is also the last time i relaxed it), then I started to transition after that. I've been cutting off the relaxed hair for awhile now...Im totally naturally in the back I have a little bit of relaxed ends in the front...I think when I take these braids out I will cut off the rest. :look:[/QUOTE]

charmtreese
Oh ok. You still maintain it in a bob now or what? I did a major cut at the beginning of July and basically I will be doing the same as far as cutting the progress of (relaxed hair)

Introduce yourself:

I'm currently in the APL challenge. It's nice to share an experience with ladies on the board and learn from each other.

What length are you now?
Few hairs grazing APL

I'd like to be full APL

What styles do you plan on wearing?
Wigs, wigs, wigs, oh yea phony ponies and buns :look:......

Every week, whenever the mood strikes me...

Be patient. I've been transitioning w/o bcing for 4 four years. :perplexed

ooops! Starting pic:

jayjaycurlz all the relaxed hair aint gone yet?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Oh yea and I made a wig yesterday, I think its cute. I will post a pic from my phone, how to rock it for a month at least.

irisak

Oh yeah! Here's my starting pic.

ForumRunner_20120724_215859.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.