2012 Natural Products Challenge

Lita

Rubbed some espresso stimulating scalp cream on edges moisturized with Claudies isha cream & sealed with a little rice bran oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

yodie

I'd like to join in with you ladies, but I haven't really found an all natural shampoo that I really, really like. I plan on conditioner washing 90% of the time. Just used L'Oreal Eversmooth (no sulfates and no cones) conditioner last night and I loved it.

I also used Tiiva Naturals leave in condish and used Tiiva Naturals Shea hemp growth butter pomade. I usually hate anything with shea butter, but this melts in my hair. A little goes a long way and my twists feel moisturized. Usually my hair is dry within a day or so, but my ends are straight and my hair is moisturized. Even better, it contains hemp and hemp has ceramides.

faithVA

For you ladies that cowash, what conditioners are you using. I am thinking of switching to cowashing but may want to add something to my regimen along with my AO White Camelia. tia

Curlykale

I now like finger detangling with a lot of coconut oil on dry hair. My impression is that I loose less hair and have no breakage, and I like not standing somewhere with a wet head for ages. I do a small section at a time, gently, and I twist it when I'm done. Then I go to sleep with a shower cap and co-wash it out the day after, or spray some aloe juice on my twists and go to sleep, or co-wash it straight away.

I find that I am more gentle and patient with this method.

I also find that when it comes to coconut oil, cheaper unknown brands work just as fine on my hair. Especially when it comes to detangling. I pay attention to the virgin quality only if I'm eating it because I don't want to eat added trans fats/ hydrogenated oil. My hair, on the contrary, likes hydrogenated oil, and I like to use a lot of oil.

Giggletush

Still going strong! Curlykale, I too love to finger detangle with coconut oil. But I do so on damp hair, I find I have less breakage that way. It has to damp though, not wet. And dry, just causes me to snag too much. But, finger detangling is the business for me! It does take more time, but is more efficient for me, and helps with my retention. I love it! :love:

But yeah, my hair has done a complete 360 in the last couple of months of going all natural. I don't think this is something that I will let go off for a VERY LONG time. It's more manageable, stronger, and overall just healthier in general. :yep:

greenandchic

*Bump*

Still on my natural products challenge though I've "cheated" with Aussie Moist Conditioner. Its hard to find a natural conditioner with slip. I've been spending most of my hair care efforts slowing/stopping my excessive shedding.

Updates anyone? :drunk:

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies....I am still cleansing with rhassoul clay mixed with water and absolutely loving it. This past weekend, I purchased full sizes of the b.a.s.k. silk & honey latte detangling milk, QB CTDG, and a sample size of PBN moisture milk in the hopes of finding a staple hair moisturizer. I am continuing to seal with hempseed oil and am considering adding argan oil in the near future.

I hope all is well with everything and hhg to you ladies.

Last edited:

Damaged but not out

Tried multani mitti last night, mixed with bentonite and rasshoul. next time I will leave it alone to really assess the results.

My hair is in mini twists hoping to keep them in for 3 weeks. No pics cant find my camera charger.

My bc day is coming up, I can't be bothered to chronicle that event with my phone camera. Rather depressed.

Recently made
tea mix( which has like 10 herbs in it, i use this to bind every thing i make)
horsetail and nettle infused oils
flaxseed gel,that i used to twist, but also will mix with msm, essential, castor, the horsetail and nettle oils to use on my scalp.
the clay mixes
methi and sea moss hair mask

greenandchic

black tea really did stop my shedding, and my so's who has a serious problem(its like living with a human sized cat). I use 3 tea bags with my clay and henna mixes and leave it in for hours. the pouring it over my head wasnt as effective. I think the addition of hibiscus has also helped.

lamaria211

i just purchased those new Giovanni Products from the Brazilian Keratin and Argan Oil line i got the deep conditioner and the leave in. i havent tried them yet but i have only heard good reviews

greenandchic

Bump!

How is everyone doing? I think I have my core products down at least for this season and beyond. My life is all about cowashing twice a week, shampooing every two weeks and moisturizing and sealing while keeping my hair somewhat stretched. I need to do a henna treatment; I may do henna and indigo this weekend.

I will update with my current product list soon, but curious as to how everyone else is doing...

morehairplease

greenandchic

Glad to hear your update! I have found my staple regimen & products and plan to keep it simple. My regimen will be to cleanse twice a week, moisturize & seal my hair every other day, and do the greenhouseeffect/baggy when at the home 3-5 days out of the week.

Hhg to all of you ladies!!

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hey girls, how's it going? I haven't checked in for a while, but I'm still going skrong. :drunk:

Has anyone tried Camille Rose products yet? If not, I'm telling ya'll, you're missing out big time! Just steamed with her SOYlicious conditioner the other day, and my hair was so incredibly soft and moisturized. Which is a miracle for my constantly dry hair. I love those products! :love3:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Dang I forgot about this challenge. I've still been on my natural product kick. The only product I've been using that isn't 100% natural is Giovanni direct leave in. They changed the formula again and it has some stuff in it that isnt pronounceable(sp?). I'm thinking of trying out Myhoneychild again. I use to love her dcs. I had to stop using the one I loved the most because she changed her fragrence oils and it irritated my skin but I can still you the honey hair mask and the molasses hydrating dc. Its so much cheaper than Karens body beautifuls luscious locks hair mask. My hair feels really soft and moisturised though. I did a henna treatment and it did my hair right. It felt so soft and luscious after I washed it out. I need to get some more Aubrey organics gpb though.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm trying to decide between ordering BASK or Marie Dean deep conditioners... :scratchch

AfrikanRose

Oops. I know it has been a minute since I posted. I am still on green products, but some things have been altered slightly. I use TMW weekly either Left Coast Lemon or Lavender; ACW final rinse infused with marshmallow and nettle; AO HSR or Swimmer's Conditioner (cali hard water); spray with leave in and twist up. I co-wash with SheScentit Honey Rinse conditioner and use the Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream for styling with argan oil for sealing. The juicing and vegan diet is helping things on the inside. The above is just for the outside. As for my skin, I use Shea Moisture Shea Butter or Avocado Green Tea Lotion, and Dr. Bronner's soap. I am going green head to toe.

Last edited:

Lita

I'm still going strong with natural products & my hair is responding well...

Happy Hair Growing!

youwillrise

I've been using a lot of shea moisture products which I'm really loving. I just got some darcy's botanicals stuff and I also bought some california baby super sensitive conditioner. Good ingredients in all. I'm really enjoying the natural products thing.

I'm considering giving coconut oil another try. Tried it years ago and my hair seemed to hate it...but for some reason, I'm wanting to give it another try. Dunno if I will. We'll see.

Damaged but not out

I'm off of Giovanni leave-in too mostly cuz I used the last bottle(months ago) and haven't had the time to replace it.

Looking for a new leave-in or moisturiser made. I'm good with my cleasners, conditioners, sealers and teas. But i need a good moisturiser for whenever.

Damaged but not out

Had good results with castor oil on wet hair.
Felt good for days after but, i need something to get me thru the week w/o re-wetting and oiling( which leads to a gunky build-up).