2013 Delightfully Delicious Deep Condition Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Dc with aowc on my ng and aoin on the length of my hair with a Shea butter/rice bran oil based blend over top...steamed in.

Brownie518

DC with Naturelle Grow Chamomille Burdock DC for one hour under a cap. Added a tiny bit of rice bran and hemp seed oil.

Lilmama1011

Deep conditioning today with the purple herbal essence(fifteen min), I'm trying to get rid of that crap, it never did anything for my hair and for some reason i don't like the smell. But for some reason since I haven't been co washing and actually washing with shampoo the hair seems to take conditioner better so wont be surprised if its soft(except for the Burt's bees Brazil nut conditioner now that sucks) and rinse out and comb through with Aussie or Tresemme, they both give me awesome slip and able to detangle under water so either or

Last edited:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Just Dced under my steamer for 10 mins with Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructer + SD Wheatgerm DC.

Up next - Moisture DC with Anita Grant Rhassoul clay cube + SD Vanilla Silk + Coconut oil + My moisturising tea blend. Did this combo last week...and let me tell YOU!! :lick: :lick: :lick:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm doing an overnight with Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana deep fix. I haven't used this in awhile and my hair is wondering what took me so long

Last edited:

felic1

Deep conditioned Friday with AE garlic hot oil with wheat germ, hemp, and almond oils added. I have a lot of almond oil on hand and I figure why not use it. I steamed with this as well.

mshoneyfly

I also posted this in the Coffee, Tea, Ayurvedic thread.

Doing another fenugreek paste dc. This time I added a paste of coconut milk powder :lick: marsh mallow root powder, tupelo raw honey and slippery elm powder. Then I added some Wen 613 and some of my original fenugreek paste. I didn't add any more oils cuz I used some of practically every oil I own! WAYYYY too much!!

OMG!!! Could it get any more slickery?? Anyway adding those things took away some of that fenugreek smell. Every time I would sweat or drive with the windows down, I could smell maple syrup!!

kupenda

DC'd yesterday with Mocha Silk Infusion and Jardin oil which was super yummy. Followed that with Aussie 3 min and more Jardin. All my textures were perky and at attention

Duchess007

I'd like to join!

I'm currently using a homemade DC every week, and plan to add some Ayurvedic and herbal tweaks in the next couple weeks. Here's my current DC recipe:

1 c. yogurt powder or whole/coconut milk powder
.5 c. Egg yolk or whole egg powder
.5 c. honey powder
.25 c. royal jelly powder
2 T sea kelp powder
2 T silk peptide powder
1 t aloe leaf x100 powder

Whisk dry ingredients together until fully incorporated.

Add in wet ingredients:
1 c. Coconut oil
.5 c. Olive oil
.25 c. Aloe Vera juice
.5 t carrot seed oil
7 drops rosemary
6 drops thyme or basil
5 drops peppermint
Water, as/if needed to reach desired consistency.

image-3809875200.jpg

Also planning to try some products that are out there. If you have any faves, please let me know. So far most of my research has been done by lurking. :lurk:

Here's my hair after my last DC (last weekend):

image-3493401099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Duchess007, how are you storing that so it doesn't go bad? Which component is the preservative? Do you use distilled water? Do you store your DC mix in the fridge after it's mixed up? Do you warm it up the next time you go to use it? Sorry for so many questions.

TraciChanel

Dc'ed for about 15 minutes yesterday morning with QH Super Cholesterol mixed w/ AVJ. Hair was nice and soft afterwards (wore a wet bun)!

Duchess007

Duchess007, how are you storing that so it doesn't go bad? Which component is the preservative? Do you use distilled water? Do you store your DC mix in the fridge after it's mixed up? Do you warm it up the next time you go to use it? Sorry for so many questions.

I use the whole thing. :blush: I've never needed a preservative, because I have thick hair and I'm soooo heavy-handed. And I just use regular tap water, although you could elect to use more aloe or add vinegar instead. If making a single serving, I imagine you could half, quarter, or double the recipe based on your length and thickness in relation to mine. I'm APL.

Also, this started out as a recipe that used fresh ingredients, so you could also use fresh Greek yogurt, fresh raw honey, egg yolks, etc. Just know that you should eliminate the extra liquids, and that it will be VERRRY drippy if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Status
Not open for further replies.