Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Part 4)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge 2011 (Pt.IV)

:thewave:

Last call!!! This is the final installment of a deep conditioning challenge running until Dec 31st 2011. Cooler temperatures are upon us, which means dry air and thirsty hair, so let's go into fall/winter well hydrated, fending off slipts and breakage. For more details on the benefits of DCing, and a comprehensive list of deep conditioners, see DDDC PART 1. You can also check out DDDC PART 2 and DDDC PART 3.

Challenge Rules :)

1. Deep condition at least once per week, on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days is fine.

2. Shampooing is not required.

3. Deep condition using your method of choice: Heat cap, hooded dryer, steamer, hot towels or no heat.

4. You must DC for a minimum of 30 minutes.

5. Come check in at least once a week to update the team on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.

6. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN AT ANYTIME! COME ON IN AND LET'S DC!!​
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
***Ladies, many of you are in this for the whole year, so what I have done is copied the list of challengers. If your name is here and you're not feeling this round, just let me know :) Of course, if you're still down then let's continue! :grin: If you're new and wanna join, gimme a shout, I will gladly add you to the list :yep:

:yay:Challengers:yay:
13roots
13StepsAhead
allmundjoi
Amazhaan
anewday
ANUBIS
xX-AfroDoll-Xx
AlliCat
ATLcutey20
Arewa Girl
AyannaDivine
baglady215
bajandoc86
bettysmsboop
bernag06
Beauty by Nature
biancaantoinette
@blcbuty@
Brownie518
Brownsilk8
Bublin
DesignerCurls
divachyk
chelseatiara
chikachic817
cinnespice
Clubfoxxy
CocoT
coyacoy
curlyhersheygirl
cutenss
crvlngrhair
DayDreamist
ebsalita
Esslinah
faithVA
fiyahwerks
Forever in Bloom
gigi2011
godzchildtoo
Golden75
hair4today
hair4romheaven
HairGroupie
halee_J
hannan
IDareT'sHair
Imoan
IslandDiva08
janda
JeterCrazed
JustGROWwithIt
katblack
KhandiB
kupenda
ladykpnyc
LaidBak
leiah
Lisaaa Bonet
Lita
Loves Harmony
lovestarr
LoveTheSkinImIn
Ltown
LuvlyRain3
make_me_over
Mami_Chula416
mango387
marta9227
Meemee6223
mEmYSELFaNDj
maxjones
[USER=84027]Minty

ms_b_haven06
missjones
Mom23
mostamaziing
MrsLepe
mystery29
myhair84
mzteaze
NaijaNaps
Napp
~NanCeBoTwin~
Nat1984
naturalagain2
naturalnewb
NappyNelle
nerdography
nelle11236
NicBenny
nicole625
Nix08
Onhergrind09
OsnapCnapp!
prettybyrd
preetyhair
prettyhair73
Prettylonghair
quasimodi
Ravengirl
reeko43
regina07
RelaxednNapulous
Rossy2010
Rotasaruai
s1b000
SailorSuccess
Satya_R
ScorpioLove
Seamonster
Shana'
Shay72
shortdub78
SpicyPisces
SuchaLady
sunkissedskin
TeeSGee
theneolution
tiffers
tngirl22
tori_mama
TraciChanel
TruMe
Used2Bbald
Vintageglam
ylinspired
YoursTrulyRE
youwillrise
Poranges
princesslocks
.Wanji.
wheezy807
Whimsy
winona
Xaragua
xu93texas

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Did a clear rinse, light protein with Alfaparf Rigen, now Dcing with ORS replenishing.

Last edited:

winona

Yesterday prepoo with CJ Honey Butta(hate it as a leave in) and CJ Moisture Rehab under steamer for 30min.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Back in full effect! I have my steamer here so I'll be deep conditioning tonight or tomorrow with Aubrey GPB and HSR.

youwillrise

i used to be part of these dc challenges...but havent participated in a while...even though i have been dc'ing lol

dc'ing is my favorite pastime.

in fact, ive got ao hsr slathered in my hair pretty thick right now. have had it on since last night.

LaidBak

I'm in! I'm in! Add me too. Subbing and will be back in a minute to post today's DCing.

ETA: DCing now with Sitrinillah and oils, sitting under the steamer.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Let's go get it! I will DC with my steamer with all sorts of goodies.

Sent from my DROIDX

Loves Harmony

Wash, then use Curl Junkie Deep Fix (do not moist my hair but its a good Protein Treatment for me), currently Dc with Miss Jessie SSB DC at the moment

kupenda

I'm back!!! This thread has really helped me to find my staples. Love it! DCing is one of my favorite things to do. And all my friends know that lol

DCed today with Aussie 3 minute miracle

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

regina07

Getting ready to DC. Will use AO HSR and Joice Intense Hydrator under a heat cap for 45-60 min, followed by aphogee 2-min reconstructor and joico leave-in reconstructor.

I colored my roots thursday night. While my hair feels good, I want to baby it for the next 2 weeks. I plan to DC twice a week instead of once.

CrueltyFree

Thanks for adding me. Even though I'm a slacker on the updates, I've been on top of my deep conditioning since I joined the first challenge in January. I only use one DC, which is the curl junkie curl rehab, but I'm testing out a new one now and plan on trying a couple others. I have my eye on the Shea Moisture purification masque and the new one I'm trying out today is the curl junkie hibiscus and banana deep fix.

TeeSGee

I'm Back!! I love this Challenge!! Wkly DC is apart of my regimen, so its great to have a place to document it. I can't wait to get a Steamer so I can experience what everyone else raves about.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I will be DCing today under my steamer :grin: not sure with what yet tho. hmmm. sooo many choices *looks at shelf of DCers in the Hair Product Cupboard*:lachen:

Count me in.:yep: I already DC once or twice a week and with the winter months ahead I am more anxious to keep it up! I DC overnight last night with KeraCare Humecto, Jocoi Moisture Recovery, and raw shea butter mix.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Count me in.

My DC's are:
Curl Junkie Repair Me
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk

Mom23

Please add me to the list. I have been trying to do more deep conditioning, and this will help keep me accountable. I will be using Nexxus Keraphix, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, and Aubrey Organics GPB.

Brownie518

I'll be washing later on tonight. Not sure what I'll DC with, though. I'll probably use either Claudie's or Avocado & Silk to DC. I've been sticking to those two lately.

Iftiin

Add me please. I've been deep conditioning a lot this year and I plan on continuing. Right now I'm using one from sunsilk it's not that good but I'll use it while I'm waiting for my aubrey organics wc I ordered online.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
DCing under steamer with Kenra. Was planning to use Jasmine's A&S but thanks to my tangly head, I opted for Kenra, my tried & true.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Pre-pooing with Vatika right now. I'll be steaming with AO GPB and following that with AO HSR.