2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using Guava Leaf Tea Rinse today. Will look to see if I have some left over Coffee in the Coffee maker (will use that too).

Steeping a Pot of Saw Palmetto Tea. May add Green Tea to this Blend. I may also pull out my Horsetail Tea for some summer tea rinses.

Will also do an Inner-Filet Aloe Vera Juice Rinse with a squirt of EVOO.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Henna treatment day!

Let henna marinate in my hair for 4 hours. Rinsed it out...now currently marinating in indigo for a few hours. Will rinse then do a steam treatment with my deep conditioner. I'll be away for the long holiday weekend, so figured I'd get a good spa hair day in today while I do laundry, pack and bake some goodies for the car ride. Hope you Ladies enjoy the Holiday!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Henna treatment day!

Let henna marinate in my hair for 4 hours. Rinsed it out...now currently marinating in indigo for a few hours. Will rinse then do a steam treatment with my deep conditioner. I'll be away for the long holiday weekend, so figured I'd get a good spa hair day in today while I do laundry, pack and bake some goodies for the car ride. Hope you Ladies enjoy the Holiday!

Henna/Indigo treatment turned out wonderful. I lost track of time and left both in for 4 hours each. Then deep conditioned overnight. My hair is super shiny and black.

I picked up 3 bags of Nupur Henna with the 9 herbs blend. This is the one that I will use for my tea rinses and in my DIY Ayurvedic Herbal oil. It has henna, shikakai, aloe vera, fenugreek, bhringraj, neem, hibiscus, jatamansi & Brahmi. That's a lot cheaper than buying all the herbs separately. (I paid $9 for 3 bags)

I'll save my precious Jamila Henna for full treatments and buy it along with indigo and amla for my full treatments from HennaSooq. Love that store!

cocomochaa

@cocomochaa
Welcome Ms. Lady:welcome:

Glad to have You!:theteam:

Please list some of the things you'll be using.

Yayyy.

So the last few weeks:

ACV rinse
burdock root + nettle + bamboo tea + horsetail - tea rinse
then I've followed up with slippery elm + marshmallow and a conditioner
guava tea
vatika oil

I'm currently protective styling with cornrows and i plan on keeping them in another week- today i did hot burdock root + slippery elm and marshmallow rinse (i couldn't wait for it to cool down after making the tea) slathered [] aloe vera and then palm oil on top, left it on for 35 min. Rinsed and curls were popping!
i sealed whilst wet and let it air dry. My hair feels soft and moisturised.

I'll repeat today's routine on thursday

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Soooooo....last night I think overstimulated my scalp because my scalp feels like a 1,000 little needle pricks today.

Here's what I did:

Oil pre-poo using Curly Proverbz oil & Vatika (Warmed oils and did a 10 minute scalp massage)
Poo using The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian shampoo
Tea Rinse (fenugreek + green tea + black tea + nettles)
DC (Megatek plus bhringraj, fenugreek, amla and aloe vera powders, SAAs & CP oil)

My hair liked the treatments but I think next time I would make a mask out of the powders and use that as pre-poo.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Spritzed my scalp with some cold fenugreek tea and did a mini scalp massage. I say mini because my cheap conair scalp massager died on me. I ordered a new one from Vanity Planet for my scalp massages....hope it's as good as all the you tubers make it out to be. LOL

Did nothing to the length of my hair. It still feels good from my henna and overnight DC. Speaking of henna...my Nupur Henna came. My neighbor collects our mail for us whenever we vacation and he said it was left on our doorstep the day we left. So it was shipped the same day I ordered and delivered within 24 hours. I was so impressed with that. I ordered another 3 pack. Can't beat that for free shipping. LOL

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Prepared hendigo gloss yesterday and placed it in the fridge, plan to use it tomorrow. Made a new batch of a modified Curley Proverbs growth oil to infuse. Works well as a sealant/pre-poo.

I also made a Ayurvedic spritz with fenugreek, marshmallow root, slippery elm, bringraj, and hibiscus. I might add a little glycerine later. I have so many herbs/teas to use up.

von rose

did a neem and fenugreek scalp mask. going to co-wash it out then spray clean scalp with more fenugreek tea.

ETA: also pre-pood with olaplex. Rinsed with really warm water then exfoliated scalp and co-wash out the remaining grit/olaplex. With this combo I lost maybe 15/20 hairs post wash and a few during the wash. Last wash was on Thursday and usually I'd have a lot more shed/broken hair. Next wash day will be onion/garlic mask day

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yesterday, I:

Pre-poo'd with my Ayurvedic oil

Washed hair with 2 of Henna Sooq's shampoo bars. On one side, I used the rhassoul clay bar and the other side the Cocoveda bar (Ayurvedic based) Both cleansed and lathered well and I really like them butttttttttttt I didn't like them as much as I like the shampoo I make.

Honestly I think...no I know I can dupe those bars. I found a few melt and pour soap bases and will probably work on creating my own version of these shampoo bars when I use them up sometime next year. That's the beauty of DIY...there is nothing that someone is hand making that I can't hand make myself and for cheaper too. Most soap bases are like $5 for a pound which could make 10-20 soaps...I paid $7 each for 4 shampoo bars at Henna Sooq. For that price, I could have made like 80 bars on my own. I will continue to alternate these bars with the herbal aloe shampoo I make because I do like them...it's just hard for me to think about repurchasing when I know I can make the same thing for cheaper and cater it to my what my hair likes/needs. I'm at a point now where I'd rather spend my coins on raw materials then giving it away for someone to make me something in their home....nah boo I can do that on my own. I have learned to become pretty self sufficient when it comes to making hair products and I want to keep it that way. (not saying these bars were made in their home...I don't know that...was just speaking in general)

*made my observations into a spoiler after going back and reading it. I didn't want it to be connected to Henna Sooq as a company....just my thoughts on me duplicating products*

Deep conditioned under my steamer with a new rhassoul based DC I'm working on.

image.jpg

I've fallen back in love with steaming my hair during these warm months so I've been inspired to create some new DC's. I'm working on 4 new ones. LOL

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Was inspired by @Sharpened to "bless" my scalp with some fresh aloe vera. I had been meaning to cut 3 leaves off my aloe vera plant for the longest so went ahead and did it this morning. My plant is still a baby so the leaves are small. Cut the leaves, extracted the inner gel and blended it in my magic bullet...didn't even get 1/2 an ounce :lachen:It was just enough to cover my scalp though! LOL The hair closest to my scalp melted on contact so I wanted more to put on the length too. :cry3:

Covered my hair with a plastic bag and cute turban scarf and headed to the grocery store. They had 5 aloe leaves in stock for 99 cents each. I got all of em! Won't catch me slipping again.

image.jpg

Don't feel like fooling with them again today so I'll cut one up and play around with it sometime this weekend.