BSL 2013 Challenge

Trixie58

Hey everyone, checking in. I am going next weekend for a full sew-in. I saw a ton of breakage lately, in the crown. I have been struggling with my nape as you all know, but that seems to be growing back. However, my crown is suddenly extremely coarse at the root (a completely different texture from the rest of my roots, which are soft)...and there are pieces that have broken down to the NG. It is ridiculous. So i am giving my hair a break and hoping that if i moisturize the braids and take care of my hair under the sew-in, i can recover in several months, at least to the point where my nape has filled in and the crown is coming back. I may cut the crown several inches once I finish the sew-in so it will not have the current thinness. I have had this problem with the crown before, but it grew out...but now back to square one. This time I know I have to keep the crown area moisturized and sealed every nite otherwise it will break in chunks. It's not a good look right now but hopefully a 3 month sew-in will keep me sane and allow it to fill in without me staring at it in the mirror every night. Meanwhile, the hair that i do have left seems to be growing well after the most recent trim.

Sholapie

After wigging it for 2 weeks I'm letting my scalp breathe for a few days then back to wigging. I hope I can build up to wearing wigs for longer lengths of time before needing a break.

I really need to find a staple leave in. I'm thinking of a liquid one, my hair gets greasy/stringy looking really easily.

Thoughts are with you shortdub78 and the new lovely addition to your family!

ImanAdero

ROFLMAO! I really thought she was talking about school lo.

Anyway doe... I bought a new wig. And I really like it. It still looks a little fake with the kind of hair it is... Nothin a brush can't fix. Love it!

Attachments

• image-1039452918.jpg
    image-1039452918.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-400626273.jpg
    image-400626273.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 65

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
ROFLMAO! I really thought she was talking about school lo.

Anyway doe... I bought a new wig. And I really like it. It still looks a little fake with the kind of hair it is... Nothin a brush can't fix. Love it!

It looks way better on you than the model ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

GettingKinky

ImanAdero you look great in that wig.

Here are the benefits of over processed roots. Sleek edges and a thick pony. Too bad there is no way to keep it this way. Although I like the way my roots lookl I hate the way they feel.

Attachments

• image-1769571859.jpg
    image-1769571859.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 64

HeChangedMyName

TOM came today so I might straighten my hair since DH can't sweat it out for at least another 7 days l lol. If I do it, I'll be back with pics.

Sent from somewhere over the rainbow

Last edited:

naturalagain2

I'm going to get my hair braided/twisted in a protective style later this morning. So I prepoo'd (again lol) with amla/brahmi oil overnight. Then I shampooed with CON w/Argan oil shampoo, followed up with my tea rinse (fenugreek, nettle leaf, slippery elm, marshmallow root, and AVJ) let that sit for a few minutes then put MD Coconut Apricot Creme Conditioner on top now I'm under the dryer for 15 mins. Then I will rinse out and blow dry my hair before my appt.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@ImanAdero that wig looks really cute on you!

@GettingKinky I know you didn't like the results of your touch up, but that pony is swanging and your roots look great!

@NikkiQ Girl I was about to say...."DAMN that bun is huge!" It's still cute...your secret is safe with us. :)

As for me: Dcing right now with AOHSR. After I shampoo that out I will spray with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and add my leave in and oil on top of that. I'm very curious as to how this will do in my hair.

...and I got my NJoy mix and my Hair Therapy Wrap today. Just ordered them both yesterday. I love Amazon Prime (for the therapy wrap). Waiting on my SD Vanilla Silk and End-tegrity ends serum and I will be good to go!

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I need to figure out what moisturizer I can buy to replace my beloved Shea Moisture Yucca and Aloe Thickening Growth Milk that is almost gone with no replacement bottles in my stash. I've checked all the Walgreens here and they have all the other SM products,but not that.

jprayze

I need to figure out what moisturizer I can buy to replace my beloved Shea Moisture Yucca and Aloe Thickening Growth Milk that is almost gone with no replacement bottles in my stash. I've checked all the Walgreens here and they have all the other SM products,but not that.

Awww I know that's disappointing to have to replace one of your staples!

Guinan

Re-Branding
@ImanAdero that wig looks really cute on you!

@GettingKinky I know you didn't like the results of your touch up, but that pony is swanging and your roots look great!

@NikkiQ Girl I was about to say...."DAMN that bun is huge!" It's still cute...your secret is safe with us. :)

As for me: Dcing right now with AOHSR. After I shampoo that out I will spray with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and add my leave in and oil on top of that. I'm very curious as to how this will do in my hair.

...and I got my NJoy mix and my Hair Therapy Wrap today. Just ordered them both yesterday. I love Amazon Prime (for the therapy wrap). Waiting on my SD Vanilla Silk and End-tegrity ends serum and I will be good to go!

I will be ordering my njoy mix soon. I swear this will be the last product I buy. Let us know how u like it.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm doing pretty good 2day. I ate right, took my vits & no smoking:) I'm also dc overnite in prep for my curlformer set 2morrow.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Have u tried scurl or making sum rose water? Oh or maybe ors leave in. That sucks did they stop making it?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I see that a plastic cap and a towel have nothing on the Hair Therapy wrap. The conditioner was invisible, completely soaked into my hair once I took the plastic cap off. I'm gonna keep this up.

I also applied the NJoy mix. Sitting with a baggy on. I don't think I will try the overnight baggy thing. Last time I did that, my hair was mushy. Instead I'll keep the baggy on for an hour or so, then take it off. I'll apply it every other day.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I just ordered the NJoy blend. I haven't truly used a growth enhancer that I liked since BT so I'm really looking forward to using this one. :yep: Especially since the summer is when I get my usual growth spurt.

I've been SUPER lazy with my grass lately. I did a heavy protein to curb some breaking (uber stressful time in my life right now) and it helped. I broke out the glycerin and water and so far so good. I've been rocking these plists (plaits at the root and twists the rest of the way down) :lol: for about two weeks now. I need to do my hair.... but I can wig it. Besides... I JUST did my nails... and for some reason, natural oils and manicures don't mix. :nono:

Last edited:

lamaria211

I just ordered the NJoy blend. I haven't truly used a growth enhancer that I liked since BT so I'm really looking forward to using this one. :yep: Especially since the summer is when I get my usual growth spurt.

I've been SUPER lazy with my grass lately. I did a heavy protein to curb some breaking (uber stressful time in my life right now) and it helped. I broke out the glycerin and water and so far so good. I've been rocking these plists (plaits at the root and twists the rest of the way down) :lol: for about two weeks now. I need to do my hair.... but I can wig it. Besides... I JUST did my nails... and for some reason, natural oils and manicures don't mix. :nono:

I'm going to order from njoy on Tue. I bought some JBCO yesterday, I'll use that until I get njoys mix.
Today I'm DCing on dry hair for a few hours with AO HSR