BSL 2013 Challenge

NikkiQ

Have u tried scurl or making sum rose water? Oh or maybe ors leave in. That sucks did they stop making it?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I've never used S-Curl before. I have used another "juice" when I was transitioning,but not since becoming fully natural. I'd have to see if I could find it here. I don't think they stopped making it. There are just a lot of things that the island doesn't get that is already in stores in the states. Like I had to get foundation sent here b/c they don't even have the line here :nono:

GettingKinky

NikkiQ nice job on your stats quiz

I think gardening is helping with my hair obsession. I usually start wash day as soon as I get up on Sunday. Today I started working on building my garden box. I would have finished but I ran out of nails. I'll start wash day later this afternoon. Here's my garden box. It's not the prettiest but it will hold the dirt.

Attachments

• image-2245445221.jpg
    image-2245445221.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 30

NikkiQ

DH decided he wanted to check out a mall we haven't been to before today. There was a Sally's and Lord y'all...I almost cried. They had SO much stuff in there! This is definitely the one I'll be going to from now on. Here's what I got. My reward from DH for my B :lol:

View attachment 2013-03-17 15.40.02.jpg

And bonus: Sally's has all their clearance products an extra 50% off so the Curl Care shampoo was only $3!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

NikkiQ

@NikkiQ nice job on your stats quiz

I think gardening is helping with my hair obsession. I usually start wash day as soon as I get up on Sunday. Today I started working on building my garden box. I would have finished but I ran out of nails. I'll start wash day later this afternoon. Here's my garden box. It's not the prettiest but it will hold the dirt.

GettingKinky you did a great job building that box! Looks really good. Any idea what you're going to plant in there?

BraunSugar

DH decided he wanted to check out a mall we haven't been to before today. There was a Sally's and Lord y'all...I almost cried. They had SO much stuff in there! This is definitely the one I'll be going to from now on. Here's what I got. My reward from DH for my B :lol:

View attachment 199843

And bonus: Sally's has all their clearance products an extra 50% off so the Curl Care shampoo was only $3!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Let me know how you like that cholesterol NikkiQ

GettingKinky

I was really focused today and finished my whole wash day ( from the time I first started applying my AOHSR DC until the time my hair was air drying in 2 ponys) in 55 minutes!! Next time I may take a bit longer though. I think I should let my hair dry a bit before I comb it so it won't be a prone to breakage.

NikkiQ I'm not exactly sure yet what I'm going to plant in my garden box. I want to grow squash and eggplant and tomatoes, but I'm not sure my backyard gets enough sun for that so I may do spinach, collards and other greens.

growbaby

Hey ladies! Been missin for a few days but that's bcuz I'm in Disneyland! :) I only brought my moisturizer and OCO but my hair is holdin up well.. My bf completed my banana clip pony n took this pic :)

image-229451625.jpg

Does anyone else's hair change color as the sun comes out? (Warmer months)

NikkiQ

Hey ladies! Been missin for a few days but that's bcuz I'm in Disneyland! :) I only brought my moisturizer and OCO but my hair is holdin up well.. My bf completed my banana clip pony n took this pic :)

View attachment 199855

Does anyone else's hair change color as the sun comes out? (Warmer months)

growbaby I love the texture of your pony. Very cute! My hair used to lighten up in the summer before I started to dye my hair,but that was so long ago now :lol:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I have come to the sad realization that my scalp may not like coconut oil. It started to itch horribly for a few days so I had to shampoo then cowash. I noticed that whenever I apply coconut oil to my cornrows my scalp would begin to itch within minutes. I stopped using it instead moisturizng and sealing with Qhemet AOHC and haven't had much itching. I hope that I'm wrong but while I'm trying to keep these braids in for a while I won't take my chances.

Tonto

So... I decided to take exercise seriously in order to stimulate my growth.
30 min of abs, cardio and strength everyday. I guess I guess the 3 hours requirement of physical activity per week. I hope to see some results in 3-4 months and get to that bsl lol

glamazon386

Flexi rodded my hair this morning. Hoping it lasts until the end of the week.

Did a wash and go on Thursday fir the first time in almost a year. And here's a quick do I threw together Friday morning when my twist out was a mess.

Attachments

• image-3904338868.jpg
    image-3904338868.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 34
  • image-897834141.jpg
    image-897834141.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-3779823053.jpg
    image-3779823053.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Phaer

Detangled with a comb for the first time in months, cut ssks and trimmed hair. Lost a lot of hair, but I feel good of where I am and my goal for this year.

NikkiQ

Hair seems not to benefit with everything I do to It
I just want long hair and prove to others that I can do it
:(

daae what is your reggie like? You know hair growth takes times and won't be rushed for ish!:lol: A watched pot never boils so maybe you should put your hair away for a bit and focus on other things to not drive yourself hair crazy.

NikkiQ

Got up this morning as a woman on a mission. Did some reading for school, washed 2 loads of laundry,wore the puppies out playing outside and now...it's me time. I've unleased the beast. The bun it down, the hair has exploded all over my head. It's wash time. Gonna try the Curl Care poo I got yesterday.

NikkiQ

Okay. It's time for a rant you guys.

I used the Dr. Miracles Curl Care shampoo and sweet baby JESUS that smell is absolutely frikkin HORRIBLE!!! Overbearing,overpowering,medicated,minty hot mess! And I washed my hair in the sink. Imagine what steam from the shower would do to it! I would've passed out up in there. Bad smell and it wasn't that great for my hair. Total epic failure!

The Proclaim cholesterol is lightly scented and thick as hell BraunSugar. A little goes a long way. I have relatively thick hair and even coated my hair barely put a dent in the top of it. I can see I'll have this jar around for quite some time.

JosieLynn

I have come to the sad realization that my scalp may not like coconut oil. It started to itch horribly for a few days so I had to shampoo then cowash. I noticed that whenever I apply coconut oil to my cornrows my scalp would begin to itch within minutes. I stopped using it instead moisturizng and sealing with Qhemet AOHC and haven't had much itching. I hope that I'm wrong but while I'm trying to keep these braids in for a while I won't take my chances.

i have definitely had the same problem, I'm pretty sure i'm allergic

SincerelyBeautiful

Im in the middle of a nice DC right now under my hooded dryer. I did a protein treatment as well beforehand. Today is a lazy day so that means i have time to pamper my tresses lol.
NikkiQ Im sorry that poo didnt work for you. The only product i like from dr miracles is the scalp balm and i havent even used it in a while. I havent seen many reviews on their products either.

koolkittychick

Haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would pop in to give an update since the first check-in is only a couple of weeks away. :grin: Had a minor setback about a month ago; got lax in my weekly washes and DCs and I suffered a moisture/protein imbalance that took a while to reign back in. I'm back on track, but not before I lost a patch in my right temple to breakage. :nono: I have been able to camouflage it okay, since I don't wear "pulled back tight" styles and my density has improved (yay supplements!), but it still bothers me. Since the breakage is right at the line of demarcation, it'll be hard to blend 2" of hair into the 17" to 19" of hair surrounding it once I do my touch up, especially since I mostly wear my hair up and away from my face ("baby hairs" don't go that far back :ohwell:).

I have decided to try self-relaxing again March 30, if only to use up the rest of the relaxer I have (why waste the money?). To prepare for it, I will do two "practice runs" this Wednesday and Saturday using thick deep conditioner as the "stand in" for the relaxer. That way I can work on getting my application time down so I can have more time for smoothing, plus I will get some extra conditioning in before the touch up. :grin:

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your progress in a couple of weeks! :yep: