BSL 2013 Challenge

Sholapie

Hi all! :)
Im new here and so excited to have joined. I've been a long time lurker, mostly just using the search function to answer every question about hair I've ever had lol
Anyway I would love to join this challenge.

Reggie:
Texlaxed apl
Shampoo once a week
Chelate monthly
Dc weekly with any condish and added yoghurt
Im trying to learn how to rollerset because im cutting out hair straighteners
Moisturise and seal in sections daily
Co wash once during week
Main styles are buns and bantu knot out/ braidouts

What i'll do to get to bsl?
Reduce heat use to every couple months
m&s everyday
Low manipulation styles

start pic (please excuse my fluffy back i'm working on it)
start hair 001.JPG

Last edited:

Angel of the North

~Current hair length: 2 inches past APL 3-4 inches away from full BSL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Relaxed

~BSL goal month: August 1st

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL) Pre-poo weekly, co-wash bi-weekly, shampoo twice a month (one of these is a clarifying poo), DC weekly alternating with moisture and protein DC's sometimes both, Hard protein week before and week after relaxer, trim when I get relaxed.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?: I will be wearing more PS, M & S every other day, baggying and babying my ends, going back to only relaxing 3 times a year again

~Post a beginning picture Attached

Attachments

• 2013 start pic.jpg
    2013 start pic.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

coyacoy

~Current hair length: just at, maybe a smidge above APL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd....natural

~BSL goal month: December

~Current Reggie and styling choices: Regimen
Wash weekly and DC always with protein.....henna once a month....heavy protein once per month....stretch to dry using b/d on cool setting....moisture and seal daily.....updo/bun ps or twist out as go to styles....fav product lines include (in no particular order) Darcy Botanical, Qhemet, Claudie's Revitalizer, Komaza Care and Silk Dreams

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?:
More regularly ps'ing.....monthly dusting....

~Post a beginning picture Attached

ForumRunner_20121202_121721.jpg

ImanAdero

Yep. If I didn't say it before, I'm saying it again. Shea Radiance Nourishing Hair Repair Cream is ALLADAT!!!!!

I was planning on doing the faux marley bun, but I love what happened when I too down the braids so much, I'll just wear the braid out!

Picture attached!

Attachments

• image-2395615705.jpg
    image-2395615705.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1623648078.jpg
    image-1623648078.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 34

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Im going to have to excuse myself from this challenge. I did a huge blunt cut to sl today. Fingers crossed I will still get to BSL by 2013.. If I make it back to APL early then I'll be back to join you all.

Good luck ladies!

NikkiQ

Welcome to all the newcomers! :wave:

My guests didn't leave til about an hour ago (11pm PR time) so I didn't get to wash my hair today. Going to pre-poo my hair tomorrow during the day and start the wash process tomorrow night. I can't wait!!

lawyer2be371

~Current hair length Some where between APL and BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd natural
~BSL goal month March 2013
~Current Reggie and styling choicesprotective styling with braids
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL?nothing much protective styling sulfur, exercise eating clean and drinking lots of water
~Post a beginning picture check fotki currently still in braids did a length check for the front uploaded that today

Guinan

Re-Branding
Morning Ladies!!

My hair is still straight even with my workout yesterday. The edges are starting to curl but by me wearing a very thick headband no one can see it:look:. I am hoping to get another two weeks in (total of 3) w/ my hair straight but my scalp is beggying to be washed. So I might buckle down and DC, protein (2min aphogee) & cowash this weekend. I am trying to prep my hair for its Jan relaxer. So I stopped with the MN (I will resume w/ the MN either 2wks after my relaxer or in Feb), been wearing my hair in a bun, dusting my ends & trying not to manipulate it too much.

Do any of yall ladies have this problem: Whenever I straighten my hair my ends always feel dry. So I always baggying them. The left side is fine but the right side of my hair, the ends feel so dry and stringy. I carefully looked at the ends on the right side and I didn't see any split ends or knots and whenever I wear my hair down, it looks fine. But when I touch my hair on the right side it feels like hay, but only an inch of the ends feel that way, the rest of the strand feels soft. I think the next time I flat iron my hair I am going to switch my heat protectant to an alcohol free one. I currently use Matrix Sleek heat protectant and one of the 1st ingreditients is alcohol. I'm guessing the right side can't handle it:ohwell: I also dusted my ends last week. That seemed to help alittle.

Happy Growing Ladies!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Miss AJ

Yea definitely get that matrix sleek heat protectant OUTTA there. The watery looking ones do nothing for our hair especially with that denatured alcohol or sd alcohol in it.

NikkiQ

My mom is insisting on me getting a Dominican blow out for the holidays but idk. I'm terrified :nervous2:

Miss AJ

NikkiQ said:
My mom is insisting on me getting a Dominican blow out for the holidays but idk. I'm terrified :nervous2:

I've gotten ONE Dominican blowout and it wasn't bad. How well does your hair normally tolerate heat?

NikkiQ

I've gotten ONE Dominican blowout and it wasn't bad. How well does your hair normally tolerate heat?

Honestly idk. I've had it fully flat ironed and blown out once since being natural and I washed it out 3 days later. It started to revert by the 2nd day. My best friend hot combed one piece back in September and it reverted back with no problem.

Miss AJ

Hmmm, if u decide to go through it, I would wait long enough so u can get a good protein DC in a couple times. My hair is fine so at least 85% of my products are pumped with some type of protein. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

NikkiQ

I planned on doing a protein treatment right before I went home for the holidays so it'll be sorta fresh. I'm all about protein :lol:

Evolving78

i took my bun down this morning. as i was gently finger detangling, i didn't have any breakage. i do plan on washing today, so we will see how that goes later. i do plan on giving myself another protein treatment today. after that, instead of once a month, i will do it every other weekend. i may get a flexi rod set for Christmas, but i want it to be really full.

Blairx0

Morning Ladies!!

My hair is still straight even with my workout yesterday. The edges are starting to curl but by me wearing a very thick headband no one can see it:look:. I am hoping to get another two weeks in (total of 3) w/ my hair straight but my scalp is beggying to be washed. So I might buckle down and DC, protein (2min aphogee) & cowash this weekend. I am trying to prep my hair for its Jan relaxer. So I stopped with the MN (I will resume w/ the MN either 2wks after my relaxer or in Feb), been wearing my hair in a bun, dusting my ends & trying not to manipulate it too much.

Do any of yall ladies have this problem: Whenever I straighten my hair my ends always feel dry. So I always baggying them. The left side is fine but the right side of my hair, the ends feel so dry and stringy. I carefully looked at the ends on the right side and I didn't see any split ends or knots and whenever I wear my hair down, it looks fine. But when I touch my hair on the right side it feels like hay, but only an inch of the ends feel that way, the rest of the strand feels soft. I think the next time I flat iron my hair I am going to switch my heat protectant to an alcohol free one. I currently use Matrix Sleek heat protectant and one of the 1st ingreditients is alcohol. I'm guessing the right side can't handle it:ohwell: I also dusted my ends last week. That seemed to help alittle.

Happy Growing Ladies!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Had the same issue and crisco cured it

Evolving78

i straightened my DD's hair last year for Christmas. my mom talked me into it. i didn't know what the heck i was doing. but i did give her a nice trim. plus her hair is so delicate and fine.

NikkiQ

Just took my hair down out of my bun from yesterday and about to tackle this mess. I haven't washed it since before Thanksgiving. Lord have mercy! It's time.

gennatay

~Current hair length
a little pass Shoulder Length
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural
~APL goal month
December
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Buns and Wash and Go's
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
properly detangling before washing and pineapple hair at night
~Post a beginning picture
Ill post a better beginning picture later

Attachments

• 380167_3980438824298_1558548269_n.jpg
    380167_3980438824298_1558548269_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 14

PinkPeony

As always I'm wigging it, celie braids underneath.
Last wash I sealed with two types of grease, I keep forgetting how my hair loves grease.

Your Cheeziness

Current length: APL
Relaxed
Goal month should be around August because I'm including trims.
My Reggie will be protective styling via sew ins. I wash weekly and I wear then between 8-12 weeks.
I'll also be taking Hairfinity vitamins.
I'll post my start pic when I take it for the end of the APL challenge.

Sholapie

Just added a start pic to my post but I'll post it here too. Really hoping to work on thickness. I'm hoping my new running schedule will get some extra blood flow to my follicles lol

start hair 001.JPG

SincerelyBeautiful

Good afternoon ladies!!! Up in Bantu knot out right now only because I had family come over this weekend. I washed and DC Saturday morning and continued with my leave in followed by sealing with EVCO. I absolutely love my coconut oil. I think I would suffer tremendously without it lol. I'm ready to hit my BSS up to go product shopping. Really need to stock up on my staples :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Kerryann

WAshed my hair yesterday morning put in my dc and still haven't taken it out yet smdh laziness because I washed and dc'd my dd and SO hair

coyacoy

Working from home today so hair is in 4 bandu knots till tonight when i will spritz with CR tea spritz then apply a little DB cocoa smoothing cream then seal with sumthin, not sure yet .....since my labor day and black friday product hauls the possibilities are endless!! :)