Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Joigirl

I did my WNG today with a product that I thought I would hate, but I was pleasantly surprised by the fluffy and curly results. I used SM JBCO leave in and Jane Carter Curl Defining Creme. The JC was part of my stash forever and I never used it because I had mediocre results with some of her other products.

Love this look! Your hair looks really nice and fluffy. I loved that Creme, but it irritated my scalp.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So, Im doing some thinking. I cant be washing KCCC down the drain every 3 days.

Im going to stick with my Xtreme Professional Wet Line and other cheap gels and only use the KCCC if I really need a no fail WnG.

I was trying to figure out exactly how much can I use per WnG thats reasonable. Its just not happening. I eyeballed about 3-4 ounces out for this WnG. I could probably keep this for a week but I like water rinsing or washing my hair every 3 days. It cuts down on the tangles a lot for my hair.

Its funny because I dont mind washing Miss Jessies out, but that KCCC? , I get mad, LOL

Joigirl

I hear you! I wanted to kick my own A$$ for not buying during Black Friday. Joigirl thanks...but I have to admit my dream hair would be like yours! Your curls are everything.

Thanks pattyr5, I love my curls but these single strand knots are killing me. I actually did a decent TO this week and I think I fell in love and will be doing more of them this winter along with my WNGs. Who knew you could pineapple a TO at night and just fluff and go in the morning. :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay soooo I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my grays never turn a brown they always turn golden copper. I've even used more indingo to henna ratio but it still isnt working. Ah well guess I jist have to deal with the color it gives me lol.

Anyway here's the pics of ny hendigo. No different than they way it usually looks. All the color is result from my hendigo of my grays. My hair is not dyed and that should give you an idea of how much gray I have lol. For some reason though I have more gray in the front and sides than the back....today's wash n go are the last 3 pics. The others are just to show the color

View attachment 290421

View attachment 290423

View attachment 290425

View attachment 290427

View attachment 290429

View attachment 290431

ForumRunner_20141227_110245.jpg

ForumRunner_20141227_110254.jpg

ForumRunner_20141227_110301.jpg

Joigirl

Okay soooo I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my grays never turn a brown they always turn golden copper. I've even used more indingo to henna ratio but it still isnt working. Ah well guess I jist have to deal with the color it gives me lol. Anyway here's the pics of ny hendigo. No different than they way it usually looks. All the color is result from my hendigo of my grays. My hair is not dyed and that should give you an idea of how much gray I have lol. For some reason though I have more gray in the front and sides than the back....today's wash n go are the last 3 pics. The others are just to show the color

I use the two step process and my gray ends up a reddish brown color over time. I've never tried to use them together, but I image that I'd end up with more red.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I use the two step process and my gray ends up a reddish brown color over time. I've never tried to use them together, but I image that I'd end up with more red.

Ive been hendigoing for 2 years and it hasnt changed my color at all :-( i get the same exact color deposit. Maybe I need to do it more often. Lucky you I bet the red is beautiful! Okay what's the 2 step process? I mix everything together.

pattyr5

Okay soooo I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my grays never turn a brown they always turn golden copper. I've even used more indingo to henna ratio but it still isnt working. Ah well guess I jist have to deal with the color it gives me lol. Anyway here's the pics of ny hendigo. No different than they way it usually looks. All the color is result from my hendigo of my grays. My hair is not dyed and that should give you an idea of how much gray I have lol. For some reason though I have more gray in the front and sides than the back....today's wash n go are the last 3 pics. The others are just to show the color

I have only done henna a few times but my BFF does henna monthly and she does it in a two step process....meaning henna first then the indigo after. I takes a longer among of time i imagine but her hair looks jet black.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have only done henna a few times but my BFF does henna monthly and she does it in a two step process....meaning henna first then the indigo after. I takes a longer among of time i imagine but her hair looks jet black.

Thanks okay so are you mixing both of them with the tea? I dont want jet black or black at all really just a chocolate brown. Someone mentioned before to use cocoa but I need to know how much and am I still using the indigo as well. Guess I'll hop back over to the henna thread.

Joigirl

Thanks okay so are you mixing both of them with the tea? I dont want jet black or black at all really just a chocolate brown. Someone mentioned before to use cocoa but I need to know how much and am I still using the indigo as well. Guess I'll hop back over to the henna thread.

The two step process is supposed to make your hair jet black. Mine never is totally black, maybe because I only use henna and then indigo once every three months. My dark hair turns black, but my gray hair is dark brown that takes in a reddish tone as the indigo dissipates.

In the one step process you have to use more indigo to deepen the color. You may also want to add Amla which helps release the red in the henna.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
The two step process is supposed to make your hair jet black. Mine never is totally black. maybe because I only only henna and then indigo once every three months. My dark hair turns black, but my gray hair is dark brown that takes in a reddish tone as the indigo dissipates.

In the one step process you have to use more indigo to deepen the color. You may also want to add Amla which helps release the red in the henna.

Thanks Joi...yes I add amla as well and othe ayurvedic powders...I'm just going to have to accept this is the color I get. It isn't a bad color I'm just being picky lol.

Joigirl

I was first using nupur (i think that's what it's called) and in may i think it was i bought the hennasooq and indigo from them and used that.

I haven't tried those brands. I use Jamila henna. It lovers the grays. Well and is very inexpensive. You can buy from Amazin, but a local Indian Grocer will likely have it for half the price. $2.59 for 100 grams.

BillsBackerz67

The curls are back. Prior to washing I doused my hair in oil, and let it sit for a few hours. I'm happy with the trim although I haven't done an official wash n go yet but I can tell from washing my hair that it's exactly what I wanted. After every flat iron I always follow up with a protein treatment (it's on my hair in this pic) I primarily use wen but he doesn't have any hard core penetrating protein treatments in his line. I use keracare super penetrating reconstructor. It's hydrolyzed wheat protein, doesn't smell bad and not messy. My curls pop after this treatment and doesn't make my hair hard or brittle.

Attachments

• image-3548974772.jpg
    image-3548974772.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1359373887.jpg
    image-1359373887.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

pattyr5

I'm on day 3 of my wash and go... Looking forward to redoing it. One thing I discovered is that no matter what products I use , I can't go past 3 days before rewashing. The curls at my roots puff up and just look a mess.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I shampoo'd today with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-free shampoo (loove it, made my hair so soft, now I wanna try the conditioner :look:). I used As I Am leave-in (love!! makes my hair soft and silky :) I'm surprised by how much I like it) and the Olive Oil Eco Styler. I love the way my hair is drying.

KaramelKutie803

Think I may decide to go ahead and join this challeneg. I live in SC and our weayher varies throughout the week during winter. We're still having some days in the mid 70s and then back down to the low 50s. I think I'll cowash ebery 2-3 days if not daily. Are you ladies mainly cowashing at night or first thing in the mornings

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Think I may decide to go ahead and join this challeneg. I live in SC and our weayher varies throughout the week during winter. We're still having some days in the mid 70s and then back down to the low 50s. I think I'll cowash ebery 2-3 days if not daily. Are you ladies mainly cowashing at night or first thing in the mornings
I cowash every morning.

BillsBackerz67

I'm on day 3 of my wash and go... Looking forward to redoing it. One thing I discovered is that no matter what products I use , I can't go past 3 days before rewashing. The curls at my roots puff up and just look a mess.

This is usually the case with me if I just do my regular wng with no gel or additives to make it last longer. But regardless I'm usually ready to wash by day 3-4 anyway provided that I'm not have a lazy unmotivated week

Joigirl

I try to do my hair during the weekend when I can allow it to air dry. If I wash at night, I sit under a hooded dryer or diffuse to speed up the drying process. It takes my hair 8 or more hours to completely air dry.

KaramelKutie803

I try to do my hair during the weekend when I can allow it to air dry. If I wash at night, I sit under a hooded dryer or diffuse to speed up the drying process. It takes my hair 8 or more hours to completely air dry.

Wow that's a long time lol. Does diffusing make your hair frizzy?

pattyr5

I decided to try Ampro gel tonight. Hoping I get a better result than the Ecostyler.

Attachments

• image-3621736220.jpg
    image-3621736220.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-973366579.jpg
    image-973366579.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 58

Karmi

Hey guys. Here's my hair done today using SM raw Shea butter detangler and Eco styler olive oil. I really like this combo. There's no crunch at all and it dried really fast. image-1462213722.jpg image-233419778.jpg

Last edited:

Karmi

I do my hair at night. I couldn't possibly do make up, outfit and hair in the morning and make it to work before 11 Lol.