Hair Vitamin/Supplement 2015 Challenge

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
What supplements are you taking or planning to start?
For the past 4 months ive been taking a regular women's multi and Neo Cell collagen. I might add another. Im a slow grower with fine hair and they have gotten me from bein stalled at nl for a year to sl. But I had to do a trim ssk last month.

Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc.
Natural

Current Regimen

Weekly wash and biweekly chelate and clarify. Followed by a reconstructor and moisture dc. Mid week is a tea rinse and cowash. I also henna and indigo for strength, thickness and grey coverage.

Current Hair Length
Almost sl stretched. NL in kinky state.

Desired Hair Length
Absolute is BSL. for 2015 I pray for APL

Post trim 2 weeks ago in reverting state from a light blow out. Pardon its lack of styling. :lol: and I didnt even comb it evenly. Ha!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150101_094619.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150101_094619.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 59

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Just finished my 3rd bottle of Manetabolism today. I've experienced great growth with these and will definitely continue to take them. I've been in braids since Nov 15th and my new growth is off the chain! I'm taking them down next week and will update with before and after pictures.

Happy New Year

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Welcome to you all! This year is the year of our hair!! Thank you all to have joined and will signup in the near future. Let's keep eachother encouraged and plan on a length check every 3 months or whenever is convenient for you! I've been taking my hair infinity consistently but do notice almost immediate hair shedding if I skip a few days. Anyone else experience this?

I personally don't take hairfinity but I know ppl who used to and they said they experience shedding when they stopped taking them all together.

Jace032000

Just finished my 3rd bottle of Manetabolism today. I've experienced great growth with these and will definitely continue to take them. I've been in braids since Nov 15th and my new growth is off the chain! I'm taking them down next week and will update with before and after pictures. Happy New Year

I've only heard good things about manetabolism! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Leo24Rule

I'll be joining with all of my info as soon as I take a pic today. Time to start off the day right. So off to do laundry.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks @Jace023000

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? Spirulina, Chlorella, Fish oil, Vitamin C and Bamboo tea.

Current Hair Status: natural

Current Regimen: Mini braids, moisturize 2x per week seal with shea butter mixture, use a mild/med protein 2x per month

Current Hair Length: APL

Desired Hair Length: This year WL

Post your starting Picture!! Will post once I get back home in few days.

Leo24Rule

As of yesterday started 2015 on a good note by:
a) Finishing the last of my Biotin Bottle
b) Taking a multi-vitamin
c) Massaging my scalp for 4 mins
d) Starting the 30-day squat challenge

Jace032000

As of yesterday started 2015 on a good note by: a) Finishing the last of my Biotin Bottle b) Taking a multi-vitamin c) Massaging my scalp for 4 mins d) Starting the 30-day squat challenge

Are you using any oils for your scalp massage? I've been using jojoba oil because I've noticed some really dry patches in the back of my head which has led to thinning. Those dry patches itch terribly but I've found that jojoba oil has all but eliminated the itchiness and dry areas. It's still to early to tell as I've only been massaging with it, two mins each day for the past two weeks. I remain hopeful however.

Jace032000

Got this on Black Friday and have just now cracked it open. I'm upset that I waited so long because this cream is incredible!!!!! It goes on so smoothly, smells delightful and almost instantly moisturized my hair. I'm a straight haired natural and it didn't cause too much reversion despite the first ingredient being water. This one is a keeper!!

image-823670213.jpg

Jace032000

Got this on Black Friday and have just now cracked it open. I'm upset that I waited so long because this cream is incredible!!!!! It goes on so smoothly, smells delightful and almost instantly moisturized my hair. I'm a straight haired natural and it didn't cause too much reversion despite the first ingredient being water. This one is a keeper!!

image-1102451935.jpg

Leo24Rule

*What supplements are you taking or planning to start: Finished a bottle of Biotin a few days ago. Started taking a multi-vitamin and a hair, skin, nail vitamin that my gf gave me. After that HSN Andrew Lessman's hair, skin, and nail vitamin.
*Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc.: Natural 3C
*Current Regimen: Pre-poo with coconut oil and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. Shampoo with Shea Moisture's JBCO just on scalp while pre-poo is still on. Rise and Apply alone just the Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. With conditioner still on do a tea rinse with organic black, green, and nettle tea along with coffee. Apply Shea Moisture's Restorative Conditioner and my Shea Butter mix. (Is going to change though)
*Current Hair Length: Curly BSL Straight MBL
*Desired Hair Length: HL
*Post your starting Picture!! Picture in Blue was taken in Nov. The other last night.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 63
  • WP_000183.jpg
    WP_000183.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

....no. wait. Please don't kick start my PJ ism

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I couldn't resize my starting pic so I posted it in my Avatar. I'm in mini braids for the rest of the year or until dh has had enough,lol.

Last edited:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
image-109404113.jpg

Here are my three month results from my manetabolism vitamins. Left is Oct 4th. Right is today Jan 8th.

And the right pictures can be my 2015 starting pics lol.

I love these vitamins. I haven't experienced any breakouts either.

Jace032000

View attachment 292489

Here are my three month results from my manetabolism vitamins. Left is Oct 4th. Right is today Jan 8th.

And the right pictures can be my 2015 starting pics lol.

I love these vitamins. I haven't experienced any breakouts either.

WOW!!!! Your hair looks so much thicker and has definitely grown. I can certainly tell the difference. Keep it up!! :yep:

Jace032000

I've been taking my Hair Infinity .....still experiencing shedding but I think I've narrowed it down to hormones. :(

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Just ordered a bottle of black seed with garlic capsules. This should be good for overall health and my research says it can help the hair come in healthier and maaaaybe faster. The reviews say its given them nasty burps as a side effect lol. I got a 30day supply to start and see how I like it.

Otherwise still very consistent with my daily multi and collagen

Jace032000

Just ordered a bottle of black seed with garlic capsules. This should be good for overall health and my research says it can help the hair come in healthier and maaaaybe faster. The reviews say its given them nasty burps as a side effect lol. I got a 30day supply to start and see how I like it. Otherwise still very consistent with my daily multi and collagen

Keep us posted! If you have good results with it I may just order lol!!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Thank you everyone! Those were my results after three bottles! I'm going to do another length check at 5 months and then get a silk press my hair at 6 months..with falls right around my birthday.

That first picture with my hair pressed out will be my comparison pic when I do my 6 month press. Can't wait to see the difference!

Jace032000

Well I'm back to BSL after reaching my goal of MBL last month. I had to get a much needed trim and had about 3 inches chopped off. Although I miss having MBL hair...my hair feels noticeably healthier. Off to take my hair infinity lol

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
What supplements are you taking or planning to start: Taking a women's multi w/iron, diatomaceous earth for the silica content, vitamin C, and protein shakes.
*Current Hair Status: Natural
*Current Regimen: Shampoo/cocleanse, dc, weekly in twists, protein treatment every two weeks, moisturize twists every other day, topical sulfur pomades, oils, and creams, as well as MN. I'm keeping my twists under a wig at least until winter is over.
*Current Hair Length: BSL
*Desired Hair Length: MBL - WL
*Post your starting Picture!!

Attachments

• LC 2014 copy.jpeg
    LC 2014 copy.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 64

Jace032000

What supplements are you taking or planning to start: Taking a women's multi w/iron, diatomaceous earth for the silica content, vitamin C, and protein shakes. *Current Hair Status: Natural *Current Regimen: Shampoo/cocleanse, dc, weekly in twists, protein treatment every two weeks, moisturize twists every other day, topical sulfur pomades, oils, and creams, as well as MN. I'm keeping my twists under a wig at least until winter is over. *Current Hair Length: BSL *Desired Hair Length: MBL - WL *Post your starting Picture!!

Welcome Froreal3!!

Jace032000

Been taking my hair infinity vitamins faithfully!

Last week I told ya'll that I got a trim. At first I was sad because she took off about 3 inches. But honestly my hair feels great and I love the neatly trimmed look. Here is a pic of my current length.

image-261356303.jpg