Hair Vitamin/Supplement 2015 Challenge

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
So I came across a thread about Mineral Rich and how ladies were getting some thickness with this. I purchased two bottles and will use this in addition to my Manetabolism vitamins. I've been taking Manetabolism for four months now and while I've been getting greath growth my hair hasn't gotten any thicker so I'm hoping the Mineral Rich will help in that department

Jace032000

So I came across a thread about Mineral Rich and how ladies were getting some thickness with this. I purchased two bottles and will use this in addition to my Manetabolism vitamins. I've been taking Manetabolism for four months now and while I've been getting greath growth my hair hasn't gotten any thicker so I'm hoping the Mineral Rich will help in that department

Ooh this sounds interesting! :grin: My PJ inner needs are about to explode! I MUST HAVE THIS MINERAL RICH you speak of! LOL! I've been on Hair Infinity now for 11 months and like you, my hair is growing but my thickness is lacking. Can you post link to the Mineral Rich thread?

Jace032000

Happy Tuesday!

To al in here using hair infinity they have a 10% off sale going on.

Coupon Code: GROW2015

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Ooh this sounds interesting! :grin: My PJ inner needs are about to explode! I MUST HAVE THIS MINERAL RICH you speak of! LOL! I've been on Hair Infinity now for 11 months and like you, my hair is growing but my thickness is lacking. Can you post link to the Mineral Rich thread?

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=649991

I came across this thread because typed "thicker hair" into the search box and just clicked on various posts. I saw people post that mineral rich made their hair thicker, put a search in for mineral rich and waalaa lol.

Karmi

Hey ladies -

Has anyone notice lots of I itching while on hair vitamins? I hope this means I'm getting extra growth but the itching is annoying.

Jace032000

I bought some the other day on Amazon, it should arrive today. We should do a mini mineral rich challenge!

Just ordered mine from Amazon today too!!!! Mine should be here tomorrow. I'll jump on this mineral rich challenge. I need to thicken up my hair.

Jace032000

Are you going to take it straight up or mix it w water? I'm starting Tomorrow February 1.

I haven't decided yet. To be honest ... I haven't done a whole lot of research on the mineral rich so I don't know which is more beneficial. If it's just based off taste...then I think I'll just mix it with something. But if that dilutes the effectiveness...then I don't mind drinking it straight lol.

I literally skimmed through the mineral rich thread, watched the YouTube video and said "take my money I need this stuff!!"

I really hope it works because...my hair is at the perfect length...it's just not full.

Froreal3, knows my struggle she's my low density hair twin.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I like the taste of mineral rich so I don't mix it with anything. I look forward to it in the morning and I have to stop myself from wanting to drink more than one ounce lol!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ive noticed a diff in hair and nail growth between a regular multi and women's multi. There's less growth and my nails do not grow in as strong with a regular. My hair also seems to break more easily. I think a women's multi has more stuff in it for hair and nails.

Once this regular multi is done I will go back to a women's once daily.

Sugadoll

Ok, since October 1, 2014 I have been faithfully taking my Viviscal supplements. I continued to have shedding and breakage. I got mad at Viviscal thinking they had over promised their product. I continued to moisturize my hair, I continued to co wash weekly, I continued to hide my hair under my wigs. My hair is texlaxed.
I have truly had a setback :( I have new growth. But I trimmed and trimmed thinking that was the problem. I moisturized and moisturized. I deep condtioned and deep conditioned.What I did not do; was to do my protein treatments.
I typed all of this , to say this please don't slack on your regimen just cause you are taking supplements. I did and I am paying the price.

Babygrowth

My rainbow light hair vitamins just arrived after 11 days! Going back to Manetabolism and I'm going to try a fish/flax oil supplement.

BillsBackerz67

Switched prenatal supplements. I now take the women's prenatal from Whole foods instead of Trader Joes. The closest trader joes was a half hour away vs 15 minutes from whole foods lol. The vits are disgusting I have to hurry up and swallow before the residual reaches my taste buds lol.

Jace032000

Ok, since October 1, 2014 I have been faithfully taking my Viviscal supplements. I continued to have shedding and breakage. I got mad at Viviscal thinking they had over promised their product. I continued to moisturize my hair, I continued to co wash weekly, I continued to hide my hair under my wigs. My hair is texlaxed.
I have truly had a setback :( I have new growth. But I trimmed and trimmed thinking that was the problem. I moisturized and moisturized. I deep condtioned and deep conditioned.What I did not do; was to do my protein treatments.
I typed all of this , to say this please don't slack on your regimen just cause you are taking supplements. I did and I am paying the price.

Sugadoll --- thank you so much for sharing your experience. I had a slight setback last year too when the back of my hair started falling out. I deep conditioned regularly and was applying all sorts of oils and creams...but what I failed to do, like you was protein treatments. I'm just now recovering --- but I think you hit the nail on the head: supplements do not replace your regimen.

Jace032000

What is it in prenatal vitamins that makes hair grow faster?

Actually, there isn't any scientific evidence stating that prenatal vitamins make hair grow longer. Many of the prenatal vitamins on the market today are similar to women's multi-vitamins with the exception that they sometimes contain higher levels of iron and folic acid. Some women (myself included) are vitamin and mineral deficient and the vitamins offered in supplements, prenatal etc., offer the needed boost to hair and nail growth amongst other things. That's why many women experience hair growth when on vitamins.

More info can be found here:

http://blog.doctoroz.com/you-wanted-to-know/you-wanted-to-know-prenatal-vitamins-for-hair

BillsBackerz67

Actually, there isn't any scientific evidence stating that prenatal vitamins make hair grow longer. Many of the prenatal vitamins on the market today are similar to women's multi-vitamins with the exception that they sometimes contain higher levels of iron and folic acid. Some women (myself included) are vitamin and mineral deficient and the vitamins offered in supplements, prenatal etc., offer the needed boost to hair and nail growth amongst other things. That's why many women experience hair growth when on vitamins. More info can be found here: http://blog.doctoroz.com/you-wanted-to-know/you-wanted-to-know-prenatal-vitamins-for-hair

Yep all it is is a regular multivite with extra iron and folate. I specifically take it for my iron levels and that's it.....and once that Improved I had deceased hair shedding as a result.

BillsBackerz67

What is it in prenatal vitamins that makes hair grow faster?

Pregnant women barely shed during pregnancy and hair grows slightly faster due to some hormone they produce while being pregnant. Once the baby is born those hormone levels subside and most experience the postpartum shedding....basically all the hair that didn't shed in the nine months of being pregnant.

Ajna

What supplements are you taking or planning to start?
Fish oil
CoQ10
flip between Keratin Booster and Phyto’s Phytophanere every few weeks
Vitamin C

Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc.
Natural

Current Regimen
I don't really have one - been a bit lazy with my hair

Current Hair Length
Almost APL

Desired Hair Length
Full APL
This year is no so much about length but I want my ends to grow in and my hair to be all big and full.:grin:

Post your starting Picture!!

Attachments

• LC.jpg
    LC.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 29

Evolving78

Am I in this challenge? If not I need to be! I'm struggling to take my vitamins consistently! I am back on it today. My body needs it!

Nature's bounty HSN with biotin Vit D MSM
A total of 6 pills daily taken with food and lots of water
Protein drink too
Current length is SL growing out a asymmetric cut.
Short term goal is APL by June if possible.
I may go back to roller setting and bunning. Wash and dc twice a week.
Relaxed/texlaxed I need a good detangler!

image-1385658283.jpg

Last edited:

Evolving78

Sugadoll --- thank you so much for sharing your experience. I had a slight setback last year too when the back of my hair started falling out. I deep conditioned regularly and was applying all sorts of oils and creams...but what I failed to do, like you was protein treatments. I'm just now recovering --- but I think you hit the nail on the head: supplements do not replace your regimen.
I'm going back to using aphogee 2 min every two weeks.