Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

mayoo

I've decided to jump back on my low-carb lifestyle again. Can't wait to see if it has positive effects on my hair again this time

I just unravelled my blown out twists and this is how it turned out:

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    476.8 KB · Views: 49

marta9227

I've decided to jump back on my low-carb lifestyle again. Can't wait to see if it has positive effects on my hair again this time

I know that whenever I go high protein/low carb my hair grows like weeds! But It's hard to give up those carbs!

Sent from my right hand- I mean my Note 2 lol

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

Ooo that looks real good! I would love to do that & pin it up for work. *yummy*

Lucia

Dag her hair is long and looks thick.
I didn't realize that was gunna be the whole video. I thought it was the opener and I was waiting for the talking to start and then alluvasudden it was over lol!

Teaser trailer :lol:

Lucia your siggie is the best inspiration/motivation

I'm glad you like it, that why I have it up there, I'm going to swing my hair like that when I reach goal :yep:

But your siggy is inspirational too, your hair is looking FABULOUS!!!!! And your baby is the CUTENESS.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Whoops! Forgot to say, I'm planning to henna and indigo tomorrow. I hate that it's such a long process but, I gotta do something about these grays sneaking into my hairline.

brg240

ladies i'm tbl/skimming tbl! I have to wash and straighten to trim. I plan to trim back to hl. I was supposed to trim in march but i got lazy :look:

Recently i've just been wetting my hair with water and sealing with sunflower oil. It's been feeling moist but it's too good to last. Also, it's a bit of a tangled mess. Wish me well on detangling.

NJoy your hair is gorgeous and amazing as ever. I'm always inspired by your growth

SmilingElephant

I can't wait to be able to say im HL. I think once i reach WL im going to occupy my mind on something else and just take care of my hair...that way i can be surprised when i reach Hip.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
ladies i'm tbl/skimming tbl! I have to wash and straighten to trim. I plan to trim back to hl. I was supposed to trim in march but i got lazy :look:

Recently i've just been wetting my hair with water and sealing with sunflower oil. It's been feeling moist but it's too good to last. Also, it's a bit of a tangled mess. Wish me well on detangling.

@NJoy your hair is gorgeous and amazing as ever. I'm always inspired by your growth

Wishing you luck. But, erm... I guess we can expect pics...huh? :lick:

Lucia

NJoy your hair is gorgeous and amazing as ever. I'm always inspired by your growth

brg240

I hope you take some pics before your cut back to HL.
ARe you rinsing daily? weekly?

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
more inspirational drool worthy hair :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OU7Q_62Atg

That texture. I can only dream. :drool: My hair would stay on Diana status. Wow!

@NJoy

WOW! @ your siggy pic, you'll be back at HL in no time.
Are you still using the same regimen?

Lucia

This time around I'm using all of my own concoctions. I'm cowashing 2x/wk, alternating between a moisturizing conditioner and a detoxing conditioner. I DC with steam weekly, tea rinse at each cowash and using my growth formula 3x/week.

Life has been really hectic with my dad's health and all so, I've been a little inconsistent lately but hope to up my hair game to daily growth formula use and maybe go back to daily cowashing.

Oh, and I'm oil rinsing my hair with each cowash. I think that's definitely had a positive effect on detangling, which I do at each cowash (mostly finger detangling and then using a jumbo detangling comb).

Also, I'm using no heat and keeping my hair in twists or celie braids, pulling the ends up into a bun.

Today I'll be henna'g my hair, but only because I want to indigo the gray strands that are attempting to take over my hairline. Otherwise, I think this will be my first henna since I BC'd.

brg240

Wishing you luck. But, erm... I guess we can expect pics...huh? :lick:
Thanks detangled after a wash. Only took an hour :D

Yes, I tried to take some Sunday but it's never been my forte. But I should get some sometime this week

brg240

I hope you take some pics before your cut back to HL.
ARe you rinsing daily? weekly?
Lucia i will :)

Pretty much daily for the last couple weeks, though a couple if times I skipped a day.

Last edited:

mayoo

Update: Lately I’ve been feeling a bit depressed about my uneven or 'layered' hair; it is like this due to the fact that a couple of months after my BC I noticed that I had some heat damage from straightening back in May 12 and cut it out. But the thing is, these days I keep thinking how it looks odd that I’m grazing WL in the back but APL in the front :-/ I know that I’m being paranoid but I just feel like on the whole my hair doesn’t have that ‘grazing wl look’ if you know what I mean, as in it looks much shorter than it actually is. Especially when I watch the hair journeys of ladies such as Longhairdontcare2011 or Chime (HairCrush) because their hair always looks so full, thick, long and all the same length. I hope that my fast-growing front hair will continue to do just that and am considering keeping the back of my hair at WL until the front catches up. But then again, I have goals….. I dunno. I’m so confused :-/
Anyone else feeling this way? Or any suggestions??

Lucia

Update: Lately I’ve been feeling a bit depressed about my uneven or 'layered' hair; it is like this due to the fact that a couple of months after my BC I noticed that I had some heat damage from straightening back in May 12 and cut it out. But the thing is, these days I keep thinking how it looks odd that I’m grazing WL in the back but APL in the front :-/ I know that I’m being paranoid but I just feel like on the whole my hair doesn’t have that ‘grazing wl look’ if you know what I mean, as in it looks much shorter than it actually is. Especially when I watch the hair journeys of ladies such as Longhairdontcare2011 or Chime (HairCrush) because their hair always looks so full, thick, long and all the same length. I hope that my fast-growing front hair will continue to do just that and am considering keeping the back of my hair at WL until the front catches up. But then again, I have goals….. I dunno. I’m so confused :-/

mayoo
I say this with love ....

:slap: snap out of it!
Leave your hair alone
I'm going to call it your hair is growing and you're makin progress a little unevenness is irrelavent don't self sabotage cause its not blunt you can make blunt thick ends as your goal after you claim full WL
Trust me cutting back won fix unevenness it will grow back in the same layers again
Just go with it.

Lucia

mayoo
I say this with love ....

:slap: snap out of it!
Leave your hair alone
I'm going to call it your hair is growing and you're makin progress a little unevenness is irrelavent don't self sabotage cause its not blunt you can make blunt thick ends as your goal after you claim full WL
Trust me cutting back won fix unevenness it will grow back in the same layers again
Just go with it.

Jewell

Don't feel bad...my hair grows faster in the back middle no matter what. For YEARS I trimmed religiously to maintain a blunt hemline, then I realized my hair was just growing in unevenly anyway. So I stopped all that unnecessary trimming since I was never able to get longer than MBL trying to constantly maintain blunt ends. My hair grows in a "V" and used to grow in a "W" years ago. I have 3-4 "tails" of hair that grow faster than the bulk of all my hair and I just refuse to trim it off until I get to a goal length where I feel I want a sharper V or U blunt hemline. You can see what I mean about my hair here: http://public.fotki.com/JewellStar

I agree with Lucia

Don't bother cutting it until you reach your goal and want to maintain. It will just continue to grow like it wants and NO ONE on earth has hair that grows completely evenly as the follicles are all in different stages of growth, rest, or transition (anagen, telogen, catagen phases). :yep: those women you mentioned might be micro-trimming to keep a relatively even look...people don't always disclose everything they do, even if they are seemingly transparent and forthcoming on YT vids. Just sayin!

Last edited:

Jewell

Whoops! Forgot to say, I'm planning to henna and indigo tomorrow. I hate that it's such a long process but, I gotta do something about these grays sneaking into my hairline.

Girl you betta than me! I have a LONG gray hair in the very front of my left temple, and I had literally forgotten about it for YEARS due to dyeing my hair with permanent color and using henna and indigo. I haven't seen that gray hair since I first discovered it in 2005. I have cut my hair a lot since then, but this hair is grey and fades to black where my henndigo is growing out. Guess I'd better start taking some Fo-Ti to prevent further graying. I'm too tired to henndigo often. Too messy and labor intensive. Good luck with yours!

P.s. love your hair! It's so pretty and thick!:yep:

Lucia

Don't feel bad...my hair grows faster in the back middle no matter what. For YEARS I trimmed religiously to maintain a blunt hemline, then I realized my hair was just growing in unevenly anyway. So I stopped all that unnecessary trimming since I was never able to get longer than MBL trying to constantly maintain blunt ends. My hair grows in a "V" and used to grow in a "W" years ago. I have 3-4 "tails" of hair that grow faster than the bulk of all my hair and I just refuse to trim it off until I get to a goal length where I feel I want a sharper V or U blunt hemline. You can see what I mean about my hair here: http://public.fotki.com/JewellStar

I agree with Lucia

Don't bother cutting it until you reach your goal and want to maintain. It will just continue to grow like it wants and NO ONE on earth has hair that grows completely evenly as the follicles are all in different stages of growth, rest, or transition (anagen, telogen, catagen phases). :yep: those women you mentioned might be micro-trimming to keep a relatively even look...people don't always disclose everything they do, even if they are seemingly transparent and forthcoming on YT vids. Just sayin!

That's true and haircrush does have a video showing her doing a trimm S&D on her ends so she does trimm to keep it at that longer length pgneicey does his too
I'm sure a lot of ladies do this without thinking its just dusting

LaVgirl

Update: I started taking omega-3 fish oil again at the beginning of June. I notice a difference in my skin (yay!) but not really in my hair. Seems like hip bone length is soo close and yet so far away. It looks like my hair is not even moving so hopefully these braids will give me a good 1-2 inches to reach it. It's my own hair, of course. They hang to about BSL/MBL. (I'm feeling like I want to run a flat iron over the curly ends to add more length but I will resist!) Took about 17-18 hours total. 8 hours on Saturday, and 10 hours on Tuesday, give or take a few minutes. I want to leave them in till at least September. I'm not planning to do a full washing at all... can't afford to waste all that time sitting on my poor behind! :look: I'll spritz my braids (and scalp, as needed) and moisturize every couple of days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 40