July 2016: Hits & Misses

AgeinATL

@Dayjoy
Honey's Handmades.

What's so troubling for me, is the fact that she said lost my package during her move and then she found it. So, what was the purpose of the Ship Notice?

I took her almost a week to respond when I told her the package had not moved.

She just recently came off my "Never Again" list. But with this latest antic, I see she put herself right back on it. Whether the products finally arrive or I am issued a refund, I am done with this vendor for good this time.

This vendor just isn't for me. Most bad vendors quickly slip back into bad behavior.
Miss

Honey Handmade's terrible customer service.

I purchased 2 of the Sugar Honey Iced Tea Oils during her 50% off sale, which was around Memorial Day. About a week later, I received the 1st one, with a packing slip that said that the 2nd was on backorder. Since there was nothing else listed and I did not get amy messages about a backorder, I reached out to confirm and was told that they ran out of the oils needed and that it would go out a week later. A week passes and I still don't hear anything so I reach out twice and still don't hear anything at all. I sent another message (now almost a month later) and received a response a few days after that saying that they were traveling which is what caused the delay and that it would be sent out soon. I just received it yesterday 7/11. :angry2:

ETA
PS no apologies or thanks for your wait and no expectations were set upfront that the order would be delayed over a month.

I am sorry that you guys had these bad experiences. :bighug:Each and every time I even THINK about ordering from her, I remember these complaints and close my browser. I am glad I stuck to my instincts and kept passing on this vendor. It is a shame because her products actually look good.

AgeinATL

You know our hair is the bad son and @NaturallyATLPCH hair is like the good daughter. I can feel the buildup, sticky feeling, but my hair is uber soft. Is that weird?

LOL! You ain't neva lied!
I got that same feeling from the Bekura Palm Tapioca. I wasn't sure about it at first and I could feel the buildup but then as the day went on, my hair was soft o_O. I was SO confused...:spinning:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
LOL! You ain't neva lied!
I got that same feeling from the Bekura Palm Tapioca. I wasn't sure about it at first and I could feel the buildup but then as the day went on, my hair was soft o_O. I was SO confused...:spinning:

Palm Tapioca wasn't nearly as heavy for me but I did feel the same way. The next day my twist out was popping. You know what.... Let me go update my Bekura cart #ICantWin

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Miss
Honey Handmade's terrible customer service.
I purchased 2 of the Sugar Honey Iced Tea Oils during her 50% off sale, which was around Memorial Day. About a week later, I received the 1st one, with a packing slip that said that the 2nd was on backorder. Since there was nothing else listed and I did not get amy messages about a backorder, I reached out to confirm and was told that they ran out of the oils needed and that it would go out a week later. A week passes and I still don't hear anything so I reach out twice and still don't hear anything at all. I sent another message (now almost a month later) and received a response a few days after that saying that they were traveling which is what caused the delay and that it would be sent out soon. I just received it yesterday 7/11. :angry2:
ETA
PS no apologies or thanks for your wait and no expectations were set upfront that the order would be delayed over a month.

@CeeLex33
I.am.so.done.with.her.:moon:

CodeRed

I sent another message (now almost a month later) and received a response a few days after that saying that they were traveling which is what caused the delay and that it would be sent out soon.

They were TRAVELING? You mean traveling, as in with the money you gave them but didn't receive a product from? And that's why they haven't sent you the product? NOT because they were out of the materials to make the product?

Girl....

NaturallyATLPCH

HIT
APB Refresher sprays!!! Yes, I know many of you have been sanging the praises for a while. I've been using this for a while but was underwhelmed until today. My UFD's wash n go was looking a little fuzzy and feeling a tad still. So I sprayed the refresher on and my curls/coils instantly softened up without frizz or losing definition. I've never seen such with my own hair. My hair is really looking and feeling moisturized. I am impressed.

I LOVE refresher sprays. They are literally the only consistent thing I've used in my regimen from the very beginning.

NaturallyATLPCH

Wow, really? Girl, it just sat on my hair and held it hostage.

Yes! I used it a while back when I was in the Camille Rose phase and as I was doing my twist out, I raked it in a section getting ready to twist and my curls just peeked through. Had me psyched into thinking I could do a wash n go :lachen:. But we KNOW that ish ain't happening. But my twist out was very soft and defined.

Of course now, APB creams have my heart :2inlove:.

NaturallyATLPCH

You know our hair is the bad son and @NaturallyATLPCH hair is like the good daughter. I can feel the buildup, sticky feeling, but my hair is uber soft. Is that weird?

Shiiiiiiiid...tell her that when she's tangling and ackin a fool. That's why she's in these braids, she's been sentenced to 90 days in a protective style until she act right. And September is my birthday monf so she better get her mind right!

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
They were TRAVELING? You mean traveling, as in with the money you gave them but didn't receive a product from? And that's why they haven't sent you the product? NOT because they were out of the materials to make the product?

Girl....

Well the first excuse was the "we ran out of the materials needed to make the product blah blah blah" then after weeks- the next excuse for her not responding to messages was because they were traveling. Mind you- they continued to post on social media (Instagram) etc so someone could have responded to customer inquires- even with a basic, "we'll look into it etc." She is in permanent marker on my Do Not Buy List which is sad because I really like the Hibiscus DC :mad:
Honestly- had I heard back and had they proactively reached out- I probably would have purchased from them again. Every time they responded to me, I got the feeling it was like- yeah yeah, we're busy and will get to your order when we get to it. SMH!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@CeeLex33

So, you got the ol' "I'm traveling" story and I got the "I moved and misplaced your package" story after week(s) of non-responsiveness.

It probably was never made because she ran out of stuff and was using the money from the Sales to reup on supplies.

That's a play skrait out of the Playbook - Janky Vendor 101.

I asked for my money back. I done got tired nah. Just gone & give me my few dollas back so I can go 'head on.

I 'tried' to get Knot in my Fro Joe. The 1st time I tried to get it was when that whole PP thing happened and I never got to try it even though it gets excellent reviews.

Now, this time, it looks like I won't get to try it again. (LOL)

I Agree with you about the Hibiscus DC'er.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well, I was just told that my Honey Handmades package mailed yesterday. Granted, it hasn't moved. There has been no USPS update(s) or movement.

So, I'm extremely doubtful. An OG PJ like me will track a package like a bloodhound. Okaaayyyy.

I hate these types of games with vendors. It mysteriously gets sent yesterday.

Last edited:

Aggie

Miss:
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter. But we already knew this.

So, it contains Shea butter. Now, so does Bekura Honey Latte, but it actually works good. So I took a chance. I used leave in, then applied the Curlaide, then castor oil. It goes on nice and my curls really were popping. But Shea butter was still just "sitting" there.

The next morning, the dryer parts of my hair (mostly the front) were hard due to the Shea but the parts that were still wet were all soft. Curls still poppin. Hair still soft but with too much buildup. Also, the butter was still just "sitting" there. When I put my bun up, my hair literally looked white and ashy.

Today, I went to put my hair in a bun. No more white hair for the bun hair, but after applying gel, my hair had the white product build up look to it. And y'all know I use voodoo Wetline and that stuff has never left me this sad.

Gave the jar away.

It is a miss for me, but if your hair can tolerate Shea, go for it. I'm not totally mad because Almond Jai is my jam, but I fell this one does hold moisture better.

Okay @Saludable84

This is a Miss for me too:

Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter

I tried it yesterday and I tried it today and both times I give it a resounding nuh uh :nono:.

Now believe me, my hair loves shea butter but this one did not work for me because when I applied it, it felt good but it never really absorbed like I had hoped it would.

I had this white cast along my strands and the only way to get it off was to use a soft cotton t-shirt and dab it off. I had to eventually wash it out from my hair line because it looked all weird.

I might whip it up with some ceramide oils and use it as a sealant over some real moisturizer or give it to my niece who is relaxed. It just might work for her.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

Major Hit: CCs Naturals Soaps

I ordered on Thursday, June 30 and got my package on July 5. I ordered during their 35% off sale. Ordered several bars and their Castile soap is the star of the show. I freaking LOVE this soap and their customer service. My skin is amazingly soft. Glad I found a second soap vendor.

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
@IDareT'sHair
Well, I was just told that my Honey Handmades package mailed yesterday. Granted, it hasn't moved. There has been no USPS update(s) or movement.

So, I'm extremely doubtful. An OG PJ like me will track a package like a bloodhound. Okaaayyyy.

I hate these types of games with vendors. It mysteriously gets sent yesterday.

:censored: just completely and utterly terrible

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Okay @Saludable84

This is a Miss for me too:

Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter

I tried it yesterday and I tried it today and both times I give it a resounding nuh uh :nono:.

Now believe me, my hair loves shea butter but this one did not work for me because when I applied it, it felt good but it never really absorbed like I had hoped it would.

I had this white cast along my strands and the only way to get it off was to use a soft cotton t-shirt and dab it off. I had to eventually wash it out from my hair line because it looked all weird.

I might whip it up with some ceramide oils and use it as a sealant over some real moisturizer or give it to my niece who is relaxed. It just might work for her.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this.

I did cotton Tshirt thing too. Didn't work. I just washed today.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Miss:

Hairveda Cocasta Shikakai oil and Almond Glaze

The oil doesn't have that nice scent anymore and the consistency is a lot thinner. The Almond Glaze scent is back to normal (last batch I had it was pretty much unscented), but the consistency is no longer a thick grease. It's more a soft pomade. :angry2: I'm annoyed because I have enough oils and pomades in my stash and do not need to be adding unnecessary ish.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. Slip city. Absorbed super well. A tad smoothing but not overbearing. Smells awesome. The texture is nice and creamy yet slippy. I thought I would use half the jar but I barely made a small dent. This will be my second staple line OTG and I'll make sure I get another jar to keep for backup.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit:
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. Slip city. Absorbed super well. A tad smoothing but not overbearing. Smells awesome. The texture is nice and creamy yet slippy. I thought I would use half the jar but I barely made a small dent. This will be my second staple line OTG and I'll make sure I get another jar to keep for backup.

Hmmmm, maybe I got a bad batch or something because it did not have enough slip for me. Or maybe my hair is just nappy as hell :lachen:. I do loooove the smell and it did make my hair soft so if CM has that Gray Friday sale with $5.00 shipping it may be worth another shot.

AgeinATL

Hit:

Hmmmm, maybe I got a bad batch or something because it did not have enough slip for me. Or maybe my hair is just nappy as hell :lachen:. I do loooove the smell and it did make my hair soft so if CM has that Gray Friday sale with $5.00 shipping it may be worth another shot.

My texlaxed hair used to ADORE this DC but my natural hair hates it. I believe it's the AVJ. It makes my hair feel like wire and closes my cuticles air tight. I loved the smell and a little goes a long way. Tasia, try it as a leave-in (or leave some in after rinsing). Amazingly soft hair....I wish that it still worked for my hair.