MBL 2013 Challenge!

Evolving78

i'm still here. i am going to hold out for my length check. i won't post until October. i have been trimming a lot(scissor happy) and have been not caring much about my hair lately. i will get it together soon.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Checking In...late for August 15th check-in...got rid of the mullet (tear). Took off about 3 inches of extremely jacked-up, thin, raggedy-a$$ed ends...back to somewhere between SL and APL...next those evil grays!

Attachments

• image-1955017069.jpg
    image-1955017069.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 65

Cattypus1

All loced up...
claud-uk said:
Timely posts - I just this second sat down from a trimming session that is now into it's second day! I only stopped bc I can't find my scissors. Can't wait to get rid of all the dead wood at the ends and put all this **** behind me. Refuse to sacrifice otherwise healthy hair to stop my ugly perma-mullet... ugly mullet it is :sad:

Ugly perma-Mullet is GONE! Along with about three inches. I'm okay with it though, I treated myself to some delicious smelling Morrocan Oil shampoo so tomorrow back to my two-strand twists. I'm in the MBL 2013 challenge so this is a little bit of a setback but the cut will help me to retain the length since I'm on this HHJ.

claud-uk

Ugly perma-Mullet is GONE! Along with about three inches. I'm okay with it though, I treated myself to some delicious smelling Morrocan Oil shampoo so tomorrow back to my two-strand twists. I'm in the MBL 2013 challenge so this is a little bit of a setback but the cut will help me to retain the length since I'm on this HHJ.

:hug2: @ the bolded - 3" of hair? I feel faint at your bravery.

Your hair looks stunning now.

The mullet chop is right up there with the big chop :yep:

NaturalfienD

Checking in …

Since my last post, I did another d/c that I applied like a relaxer to get good coverage. I left it on overnight and I noticed after rinsing, my hair looked and felt better. I continue to use SAA, AVJ, and H2o spray on my hair often but I am not planning on using a hard protein tx for a minute.

I put my hair in medium sized twists last weekend cause I didn't want to work with my hair everyday. I put a small amount of Let's Jam on my ends (don't judge me) and the twists have been holding up well.

Another thing I did was dust my hair (long overdue) and I noticed my hair has further behaved, which lets me know that I need to get up on my game a little more. Since having my hair twisted, I have been doing the GHE method in hopes that I get good benefits/more growth.

My plan is to continue styling my hair without extensions so I can d/c, GHE, (and when needed) dust. I hope you all are doing well, HHG.

NaturalfienD

NikkiQ said:
Hopefully I can join you ladies during the summer next year. MBL by the end of next year is my goal. I know it's a big stretch, but I gotta dream big lol

Hey NikkiQ, what's holding you back from joining now? I'm in the same boat as you with hoping to be MBL by late next year. It's possible girl and you should consider joining wayyy before next summer … HHG.

NikkiQ

Hey NikkiQ, what's holding you back from joining now? I'm in the same boat as you with hoping to be MBL by late next year. It's possible girl and you should consider joining wayyy before next summer … HHG.

I want to make sure that I'm full APL before joining. I don't wanna join and then stall out here at APL for the entire year. No bueno :nono:

coolsista-paris

NaturalfienD said:
Have you decided on joining girlfriend? The more the merrier! :)

hi. i think ill join. its about time. ill post pics tonight (which is soon here in france lol). its 5:40pm now.
see you !!! :)

Cattypus1

All loced up...
coolsista-paris said:
hi. i think ill join. its about time. ill post pics tonight (which is soon here in france lol). its 5:40pm now.
see you !!! :)

Welcome, Cool. The more the merrier!

coolsista-paris

Hello everyone !

I'm new in this challenge. all right so here is my information :

-Current Length :recently made bsb :spinning: (grazing bsl i guess)..

-Current State : natural 4 b (bit of 4A at the back), fine hair, medium density.

-Regimen : very low manipulation. listening to my hair. Co wash by dc overnight about every 10 days. either aphoghee 2 min (yup my hair loves protein), AO GPB, or AO honeysuckle. I then blow dry to stretch and mostly wear a bun. At night i sleep with 4 to 5 twists that i moisturize every other day with s curl spray. Massage scalp everyday. Take tabs : maxi hair (planning on getting iron as my edges have been thining like...traction alopecia, maybe the lace front).

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL : let me give myslef december. (my fine hair is something...can break soooo easily)so loooow manipulation.

here is my length check of this week (30th august):

Lets go girls : mbl for 2013. woooohooooo. i really hope to get there, because once we get mbl, wl gets close (for thos that want to continue avter mbl). :)

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
After my mini BC on Friday, I treated myself to some shampoo and some styling product for my twists...OMG! I don't know if it's the chop, the Moroccan Oil shampoo (no Parabens, no sulfates--smells yummy and feels like silk) or the AfroVeda Pur Whipped Hair jelly but my hair feels AWESOME! I'm six weeks post, I would normally be shedding like a beast and was doing just that last week. No shedding, lovely comb-through and smooth NG. In fact, I can't tell where my texlaxed hair ends end and my NG begins. I can actually see my scalp and comb all the way through to the ends without breaking. I'm not going to lie...the stuff is pricey but I'm sold...I love both of these products and I love my hair!

newbeginnings2010

Okay. I FINALLY got to the salon to get my hair straightened and trimmed. The bad news is I had quite a bit of damage like I thought. The good news is I'm the same length I was during my last length check...maybe just a little shorter. But I don't think that's bad considering my transition and the fact that my last trim was last November...:ohwell:

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• 20120902_211901.jpg
    20120902_211901.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20120902_211647.jpg
    20120902_211647.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20120902_212055.jpg
    20120902_212055.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48

coolsista-paris

Cattypus1 said:
After my mini BC on Friday, I treated myself to some shampoo and some styling product for my twists...OMG! I don't know if it's the chop, the Moroccan Oil shampoo (no Parabens, no sulfates--smells yummy and feels like silk) or the AfroVeda Pur Whipped Hair jelly but my hair feels AWESOME! I'm six weeks post, I would normally be shedding like a beast and was doing just that last week. No shedding, lovely comb-through and smooth NG. In fact, I can't tell where my texlaxed hair ends end and my NG begins. I can actually see my scalp and comb all the way through to the ends without breaking. I'm not going to lie...the stuff is pricey but I'm sold...I love both of these products and I love my hair!

when something works : its à keeper ! ;-) without breakage you'll get to mbl with no problem .
i also found à shampoo with no parabens and no silicones. my hair is soft and never stripped ! love it. garnier its 3.50 euros here in france. great !

claud-uk

:welcome: coolsista-paris - what a lovely head of hair you have!

Ladies, I'm so happy I'm full EL now :lol: which means all the hairs on my head are now past the bottom of my ear.

Just did a S&D over the weekend, will do another one mid September and hope to gain at least 0.5" by the end of the month which should make me at or about full JL (jaw length)! I have to focus on my shorter lengths bc I have a mullet and won't feel comfortable about wearing my hair out till it's at least full CBL.

HHG!

assiyrabomb

Ok I want to join!

Current Length:

I just cut off 2inches of split ends. I'm an inch above BSL. See my Sig pic below.

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):

I'll be Protective Styling (U-part wigs) throughout this whole challenge.

Moisturize/Seal leaveout and braids daily

Spray sulphur mix on scalp 3x per week

Wash/DC leaveout 1x per week

Take hair/nail vitamins 2x per day

I currently exercise 3-4 days a week and I'll continue with this as well.

Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)

December 30: BSL

April 30: MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL:

April 29. That's my birthday and it would be a lovely gift to myself.

Evolving78

getting my hair back on track. i am staying away from the blow dryers for awhile. did some damage to my hair that is hidden. i am going back to rolling my hair twice 3-4 days. i better be close or make it to BSL by the end of this year, but i am going to post in here more. this is my ultimate goal, so MBL will be my main focus.

Evolving78

I want to make sure that I'm full APL before joining. I don't wanna join and then stall out here at APL for the entire year. No bueno :nono:

NikkiQ
if this goal is what you really want, i say just go ahead and join! i got my crazy butt in here and i am nowhere near MBL right now and i barely might make it to BSL if i get it together now! :lol:

lamaria211

Checking in I'm washing with Hair One right now gonna let it sit foe about an hr until my little man goes down for a nap then rinse using a black tea rinse today under my dc

coolsista-paris

claud-uk said:

Ladies, I'm so happy I'm full EL now :lol: which means all the hairs on my head are now past the bottom of my ear.

Just did a S&D over the weekend, will do another one mid September and hope to gain at least 0.5" by the end of the month which should make me at or about full JL (jaw length)! I have to focus on my shorter lengths bc I have a mullet and won't feel comfortable about wearing my hair out till it's at least full CBL.

HHG!

thank you. ive been stuck at sl and nl for over ten years. dry boken dead hair. this hhj is so exciting

Cattypus1

All loced up...
claud-uk said:

HHG!

Girl, if you don't stop with the mullet! LOL. I just got rid of mine. In the 70's we called it a shag.LOL. Good luck, Claud-uk!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
shortdub78 said:
getting my hair back on track. i am staying away from the blow dryers for awhile. did some damage to my hair that is hidden. i am going back to rolling my hair twice 3-4 days. i better be close or make it to BSL by the end of this year, but i am going to post in here more. this is my ultimate goal, so MBL will be my main focus.

Come on, Short. You can do it! We can't always undo the damage but everything you do that is healthy for you and your hair prevents further damage. I was pretty close to BSL before my mini BC last week but I realized I was just holding on to those jacked up ends for the length and my head looked some kind of crazy. We're here for you, girl. Keep the faith.

ms.tatiana

I noticed that this year alone my hair dresser as clipped my ends 3 times (Jan. March & May). So I can't really tell if I've actually had any growth and its making me mad. So I am staying away from the shop for a while. I will be letting my homegirl do my weaves.

I washed my hair and it seems like a lot of hair was falling out, I probably didn't comb it out good enough. After that I used wave nouveau with argan oil. I got my weave put in and I just oiled my hair again with the argan oil.

I am taking my hair vitamins and trying to figure out what I have in my closet to use to moisturize my weave. I have a lot of oils and glycerin probably mix that but I want to use up my MTG, but I wanna see if its good to leave in you braids under weave for a week or longer.

claud-uk

thank you. ive been stuck at sl and nl for over ten years. dry boken dead hair. this hhj is so exciting

Look at my avatar pic... this was me for 20 years. Hair was so dead I can't even believe I was walking round like that thinking everything was cool :nono:

Girl, if you don't stop with the mullet! LOL. I just got rid of mine. In the 70's we called it a shag.LOL. Good luck, Claud-uk!

hehe, a shag is sth toooootally different over here, hehe, I haven't had a good shag for ages :lol:

Did you post a pic of your new cut? Would love to see what I have to look forward to!

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
claud-uk said:
hehe, a shag is sth toooootally different over here, hehe, I haven't had a good shag for ages :lol:

Did you post a pic of your new cut? Would love to see what I have to look forward to!

I did post a pic...LMAO...I know what you mean by "shag" ...slang words are so funny. Here's my mini big chop

Attachments

• image-2881245483.jpg
    image-2881245483.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 58

chickory_bee

[*]Current Length: APL
[*] Current State of Hair: Natural/4A/B
[*] Regimen: low manipulation, hyh, no heat (only one pass for the year), daily cardio.
[*] Goals for each check-in date: see below
[*] What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December
[*] Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: N/A

Check-In Dates

December 31, 2012 : BSL
April 30, 2013: Full BSL
August 15, 2013: Grazing MBL
December 31, 2013: Full MBL

I press and trim/cut at the end of the year, so I will have to add my picture as it will prob be significantly different.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120909_121627.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120909_121627.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 83

NaturalUM07

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post here and my very first challenge. I'm so excited to be doing this with you all and look forward to interacting with many of you. I'm sure I'll be needing a lot of advice and encouragement.

• Current Length: Shoulder Length
  • Current State of Hair: Natural (~4a/b)
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL): Currently, I have my hair in braids and I won't be taking them out until we go on semester break in December. I'll give my hair a rest for a few weeks and will then get more braids when we start school again in January. But while my hair is out I will wear sew-ins, braids, rollersets, and twist-outs to meet my goal. Furthermore, when my hair isn't in braids, I plan to wash and DC w/heat 1x/week. ACV with every wash. Apply MegaTek with every wash. Heavy Protein Tx every 6 weeks. While my hair is in braids I will just keep it moisturized with a braid spritz, water, and Aphogee's Leave-in Pro-Vitamin Conditioner.
  • Goals for each check-in date
  • December 31, 2012- Shoulder Length (I'd love to be APL but I think I'd be just shy of it)
    April 30, 2013- Full APL
    August 15, 2013- BSL
    December 31, 2013- MBL
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: I think shooting for the last check-in date is a reasonable goal (Dec. 2013).
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: Blog: http://nolongersilent09.blogspot.com/
  • Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/FutureMD07/

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 34

ms.tatiana

Hair feels dry and I know I thought I did a good job with the oil yesterday. I'll probably use more moisture tonight before I wrap it.

NaturalfienD

Checking In ...

I washed my hair with one ounce of V05's Tea Therapy Conditioner (found it while I was shopping at the $.99 store), a little salt, and two ounces of water. Since I only washed my scalp I didn't need much more than that. I am sitting with Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner, a cap of SAA, and egg yolk mixture on my head now. About to rinse that out and cowash with Everyday Shea moisturizing conditioner. The main reason I did anything to my head today was because I needed to do a protein treatment this week to keep my hair balanced.

I kept my hair in twists when applying the cholesterol (first time doing this) and I really hope everything washes out well! It would be a shame if I had to take my hair down and rinse again. If all goes well, I plan on GHEing tonight without adding moisture (I usually mist with rose water) in hopes that my scalp can get steamy enough with just a plastic cap-I need to get this sebum flowing y'all. I like that my hair is getting moisture so I am crushing hard on GHE right now.

I hope you all are doing well!!!